Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back to my usual haunt tomorrow & will be opening 8.00 - 8.30. Suggest an early start as afternoon wind & showers/thunderstorm are forecast.
will anyone be flying tomorrow?
Another weekend in paradise, clear skies, minimal winds & keen fliers. See you all there, I will open at my usual 8.00 - 8.30 to set up the field.
I am golfing tomorrow. I know Andre is expected at the field 9ish, but if anybody is opening earlier please post on this thread.
I will be there and opened ready to go by 8.30.
The field was a little soggy in the usual spots on Thursday when I mowed but otherwise there is ample landing room. With all the rain around, my rain gauge only received a mere 1mm of that liquid stuff (only 2km S.E. of the field).
Wind & rain look favourable for tomorrow, so I will be opening at my usual 8.00 - 8.30 to set up. See you all there.
Weather forecast for tomorrow deteriorating with 80% chance of morning showers. If as predicted, I won't be flying but will review in the morning. Watch this space!!!!!!!!
Clouds are looking ominous, rain radar shows patchy showers coming from the west. Winds are light at the moment increasing by late morning. All in all, I say buggrit, lets fly !!!!!!!! I will open at my usual 8.00 ish.
I have family duties tomorrow (helping son move) but looks like my opening routine will be undertaken by my understudy Chris Mc. about 8 - 8.30. Newbie Doug has been trying to get a chance to buddy up in the air but mechanical failure & wind has prevented his maiden flight. If the forecasted 20kph + wind does not come to fruition, can I please ask for another instructor/CAFI to assist him into the air.
Thanks Wayne, would be good but I'm patient. I should be down in the morning but have to get away by around 11 as Brett (my youngest) has a footy trial game.
Looking forward to flying.
Rain overnight, grey clouds overhead, winds light (at Glenwood) might wait till 9 till I get there.
Just arrived... definitely lighter and drier the castle hill... walking in look at field now.

Field is ok... bit soft in usual spots. Patches of blue sky... gentle breeze... that'll get worse.
Thought you guys might like this one.

[attachment=5020]
Is the last pic beforeor after.
A cracker forecast for tomorrow and strip freshly mowed. Strip is mildly restricted but certainly manageable without much trouble.
I will open at my usual 8.00 - 8.30 and set up, looking forward to a good day's flying.
PS Don't forget to vote
Have fun tomorrow guys!!
I'm off to Gloster racing Q-500s and rare bears, It's round 2 of the NSW pylon this weekend!!
Even better day tomorrow. I hope to be there by 8.00.
Looks like a wet weekend is upon us & has started already. Have not seen a post about mowing & with current rain & much paspalum , don't fancy our chances of flying tomorrow. Saturday, I am off to Bathurst for a few days, so apologies to newbies needing my assistance to get a plane in the air. Catch you guys next weekend.
Partial retract from last post, how dare I presume that the ever reliable Pete had not mown. I had presumed that Wednesday night's report of Toongabbie Creek running freely & coming home today in showers, that conditions would have prevented mowing. Checking my rain gauge shows only 3mm rain fell today & there may be hope for tomorrow. I will take an early trip to the field for a condition report (weather permitting) & give an update on prospective flying.
Am at the field in light sprinkle of rain which does not look like letting up. Plenty of usable strip, but half of strip soggy opposite pilot box. I choose not to fly, but the choice is yours. See you all next weekend.
Took another trip to the field at 11.30 to test my PA Addiction after aileron hinge replacement & the addition of extra white striping on the underside to assist with orientation. Rob & Elton had been flying earlier & Rob was just leaving as I arrived. I was also greeted with sprinkling rain that was lighter than what Rob stated they had been flying in earlier.
Had a flight anyway & the 4 x 30mm wide extra striping on the underside of the wings & another along the full length of the fuselage could not be seen in the air. Everything was black in the cloud dimmed skies.
Am hoping that next weekend will have clearer skies to re-test it. Unfortunately Weather-zone's 28 day forecast has only 25% of days with less than 25% chance of rain. I think we are cursed.
Despite the drizzle, it wasn't too bad a day for flying. The wind was lighter than forecast, in fact it was still at 8:30am. Elton and I had to pause for a few stints whilst there was drizzle, but I was still able to exhaust my battery quota of 13 flights.
Thumbs up to Pete for a great job on the strip and to Wayne for the previous few weeks.
I wonder if our strip survived today's ongoing rain... is it worth the visit tomorrow ?
Despite constant drizzle, only 4 mm fell in my rain gauge but is still sprinkling now. Hard to say how the strip is surviving, but the forecast is for a higher % of more rain tomorrow. I don't plan on visiting the field in the morning for a report, as I plan on being at Lithgow on my way to Bathurst by sunup.
Yes, it's difficult to predict how it will be tomorrow as a certain amount of the water on the runway depends upon what's flowing into the basin from rain upstream. Unfortunately, the steady rain in the local area today definitely won't help either.
Sorry Guys, I forgot to warn you that I've just started 2 weeks leave, so the weather is therefore bound to be wet for at least that period of time. Every time, for the last few holidays I've taken, it's been wet!
(03-04-2015, 10:10 PM)helijeli Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Guys, I forgot to warn you that I've just started 2 weeks leave, so the weather is therefore bound to be wet for at least that period of time. Every time, for the last few holidays I've taken, it's been wet!

It would be appreciated if you would for go any future holidays. Think of how many planes you can buy from the extra cash of working 52 weeks of the year. Biggrin
I was planning on getting down to McCoy park for a fly as well
Oh well we'll see what transpires for the rest of the weekend
Beautiful day today, but I bet the field is waterlogged. I would suspect that there hasn't been enough time for it to dry out. Anyone planning on going today ?
Would love to... been over a couple of weeks for me.. but got family duties... tomorrow hopefully !