Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will head down to the field tomorrow morning for a fly.
Didn't make it this morning but I did see the field from above. My wife's friend from work took us for a Joyflight in a Twin engine Piper Seminole from Bankstown to the northern beaches. We overflew the field at around 10:15am. Here are a couple of pictures.
Hi Guys,

Shall try for tomorrow morning if the weather is OK!

If not Sunday will be a backup.

See ya all there.....maybe?

Regards,

Ingo
G'day Folks,
I will be down Tomorrow and Sunday but only for short periods.
Wish I could join you all this weekend but it's a bit
of a drive from Brisbane. Smile
Weather here is not as cold as Sydney but was very overcast today.
Hope you all enjoy the flying over the weekend.
See you all next week.

Paul
Heading done hopefully just after 1030am,
Sunday is no show for me soccer, soccer, soccer
Steve
Unfortunately wont make it down this morning but am on leave this week and will go down tomorrow (Monday) morning for a couple of hours from around 9am. Will just walk in with a couple of planes.
Hi Guys,

Hope to get down in the morning for a few hours if weather OK!

Chris is opening up, try for a few hours Sunday too maybe........

Seeya,

Ingo Smile Frown Icon_evil Icon_twisted
I will be at the field at 8-30am tomorrow (Sat -10/7) to open up as Darren is away for the W/E. The weather forcast looks good with sunny but cool conditions, and best of all little or no wind. I don't know how wet it will be under foot given the rain that we have had over the last few days but it shouldn't be too bad.

At the present time, for Sunday, I again will be opening up or arranging for someone to take on the duties but won't be flying.

Looking forward to a good morning's flying tomorrow.

Chris M Biggrin
I'll be heading down Sunday morning for a few hours flying. See you then.
Just got back from Brisbane this afternoon.
Weather permitting I'll be down the field tomorrow(Sunday) and I believe
kev will be too.

Paul
Hi everyone,
I will be down at the field tomorrow (Sat 17/7) from about 8-30am to open up and will be flying until around 12pm or so.
The weather forcast looks favourable with the wind from the SW and only 10 kms/hr.
See you all at the field.

Chris Smile Thumbup
Hi guys,
I'm bringing my Dad down tomorrow but all I've got going is my floater jet which I'll let him fly. I'm still waiting on parts to fix the nose gear on my apprentice, otherwise that would have been perfect.
So... Paranoid could someone please bring down a trainer for him?
If Steve is coming down could you please bring your island hopper with that buddy box system... (?) that would be great Smile

Thanks guys Smile
Hi,

I'll be down the field this Saturday morning.

Kieran, if you can bring the last order to me, that would be good.

Rob, if you can bring the pop adapter, that would be much appreciated too.

See you tomorrow.

Colin
See you guys in the Morning

Steve Smile
Finally ... after loads of interruptions since the end of last year, I'm going to be able to get to the field tomorrow (Sunday) with the son, and do some flying. (Now, I've probably put the kiss-of-death on us - there'll be a cyclone pop up out of nowhere overnight!).
Damn Steve, too long time no see.
Here's the weather report for tomorrow from BOM.

Forecast for Sunday

Unsettled. Mostly stormy. Tornadic rotations from the north west.
Precis: Tornados, chiefly in the west. Mostly cloudy.

City: Min: 7 Max: 19 Parramatta: Min: 4 Max: 19
Terrey Hills: Min: 6 Max: 17 Penrith: Min: 3 Max: 19
Liverpool: Min: 3 Max: 19 Richmond: Min: 2 Max: 19

UV Alert: Nil , UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Biggrin
Will be good to see you in the air again, what will you be flying?

Cheers
Rob B
(17-07-2010, 07:06 PM)yarrumevets Wrote: [ -> ](Now, I've probably put the kiss-of-death on us - there'll be a cyclone pop up out of nowhere overnight!).

say it isnt so! ill be unhappy if i cant fly tomorrow Smile see you guys there
(17-07-2010, 07:35 PM)robair Wrote: [ -> ]Damn Steve, too long time no see.
Here's the weather report for tomorrow from BOM.

Forecast for Sunday

Unsettled. Mostly stormy. Tornadic rotations from the north west.
Precis: Tornados, chiefly in the west. Mostly cloudy.

City: Min: 7 Max: 19 Parramatta: Min: 4 Max: 19
Terrey Hills: Min: 6 Max: 17 Penrith: Min: 3 Max: 19
Liverpool: Min: 3 Max: 19 Richmond: Min: 2 Max: 19

UV Alert: Nil , UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Biggrin
Will be good to see you in the air again, what will you be flying?

Cheers
Rob B

Nice work Rob - we've seen so many genuine reports from you before, it would be a shame to see one that really did forecast "tornadic rotations" Smile

We're looking forward to it, I guess there have been a few changes over the past 6 or 7 months. It will be excellent to catch up with everyone.

I'm going to be flying a cheap-and-nasty small foamy arf Cub with an equally cheap-and-nasty aieron mod. Junior will be flying one of the older generation Parkzone FW-190's (it's been sitting about for years and we may as well get it into the air, come what may).

See you there!
Steve
(17-07-2010, 08:02 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-07-2010, 07:06 PM)yarrumevets Wrote: [ -> ](Now, I've probably put the kiss-of-death on us - there'll be a cyclone pop up out of nowhere overnight!).

say it isnt so! ill be unhappy if i cant fly tomorrow Smile see you guys there

Yep, no worries Kev - Rob has already agreed that the weather will ground all flying ... so it should be as good as it was today, which seemed to be excellent!
Hey guys
went to the field last sat n enjoyed my couple of hours down there.. Went back this arvo at 4pm but noone was there Frown
I will try to go tommorow ... Got few commitments but would like to try and make it.. I have 3 planes...
Supercub --- stock
supercub--- upgraded
parkzone extra 300

oh yeah and I also have a blade 400

using dx6i

hope to see you !!
Hey guys

how can I find out if you will fly on a particular day ?
I went to the field today at 4 but noone was there. Is there somewhere on this site that tells us this.

Thanks
Hello pilot78
Sorry I don't recognise your name.
Are you a member of the club or a visitor?
Weather permitting we fly both days of the weekend in the morning/early afternoon but usually are long gone by 4pm.
Have you been flying long? Are you MAAS insured?
We charge a visitor fee of $5 per visit so you would not be getting your money's worth if you
only arrive at 4pm.
Tell us a little about yourself so that we can say hello when you are down there.
regards

Paul
Bashar, Please proved your full details (First/ Last name) in your profile as per the forum rules.
Thanks for that.. Ok I'll update my details..
I was down there last week on Saturday morning.. Met the club president and a few other guys. I am currently a visitor.. Been into the hobby for about 1.5 yrs.. I have few planes and a heli.. Is there a number that we can call to see if anyones at the field or do we just assume if there is no rain that you will be flying
I am not Maas insured yet. But I am keen to get to know you all and share the passion. I have a dx6i .. 2 supercubs and a parkzone extra 300 .. Plus a blade 400 heli..
Thanks
Hello Bashar,
Sorry there is no number to call but you can safely
assume that if the weather is fine and not too windy there will be people
flying each Sat/Sunday mornings.
The only other provisor is if we have had a lot of rain the days before then it
is possible that the field can be flooded which would make it next to impossible to fly unless
you had floats on your plane. Smile
Saturdays there is no flying before 8am and Sundays 9am.
Usually most people are gone by around 1:30pm-2pm unless it's a very rare occassion.

Paul
Ok guy's, yes it did rain last night so the field is probably damp, lets get down there and do the planned work atleast and evaluate from there?
So what was the verdict ? Any flying today ?
Cool Well, we finally had a successful day - for the first time ever, Owen and I had several flghts and came home with no repair work to do and nothing to put into the rubbish bin! (Sure enough, had to make two repairs actually on the field ... but nevertheless).
Well, I had a pretty cruddy flying weekend. I had planned to be at the field on Saturday but that just didn't work out. So, this afternoon, when all was quite, I suggested a trip down to the local park for a fly, take the bikes and scooters, etc - all good. NOT!

My Mini-Sumo turned out to be a bit too mini and a bit too sumo! It did fly around quite well but quickly lost the ability to hold it together when the fuse joins came unstuck. As with most of my experiments, I hadn't put any markings on it and I couldn't tell up from down as it is symmetrical fuse!!!

My F22 is also a bit fat. 3s (2200s) was tail heavy and largely uncontrollable with the new servo positioning. 2s was basically gutless. I shoulda waited for my 3s1000 packs to come in Frown.

Finally, I figured that I'd do ok with the Index3. I flew a couple of circuits then got turned upside down by a gust of wind when I went high enough to clear the shelter of the houses. As the plane drifted away, I struggled to get orientation and eventually decided to drop it - unfortunately the breeze had other ideas by this time and neatly depositied it in the top of a 20M (probably more but the plane is about 20M up) high Gum tree.

Some experiments with the residents of the property with string lines, rope, tennis racquets and baseballs provided a couple of hours of amusement but no joy in retrieving the model or even a wreckage.

So. My Index is spending an evening roughing it at the top.

I'll be placing that depron order tomorrow and she'll have a replacement soon but probably not soon enough.
Looking forward to Flying all Saturday as i have the day free, but it looks like the weather has put a damper on it.

Lets hope it clears up and the field recovers a bit.
So Fliers if the weather clears it will be Hand launching and gum boots i think if the Field isn't too Bad.

An Official Forecast may be Required by a in house Expert.

And i will try to get some Field update and photos to post on Friday with a field visit.

Steve Smile
Look forward to it !!
Will there be a trainer available this Saturday (for my RC plane) ?
If so do I need to bring a buddy lead ?

Thanks