Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day Drew,
Sounds like your having fun !!
Which club are you flying with over there in Sunny SA ?

Sorry to hear about the HK MX2, but it did get of to a somewhat checkered start.

You'll have to post some more Pics of the Katana as you get closer to finishing it!!
Hi Drew,
It's great to hear from you and that you are still out & about in the skies with your models of various shapes & sizes.
You no doubt know what we have all been up too by lurking in the background, so please continue to pop your head up every now & then to let us know of your adventures.

Cheers
Chris M
Hey Drew have you joined a club down there. I hope you have because the next time I drop by Adelaide I expect to be flying as a guest at your club... Great to here from you mate!
Keep us posted on the Katana! (Please include a few pics)
Hi guys, willey has thrown a few clouds in the sky, but minimal wind & no rain forecast this morning. I am heading to the field for a fly this morning 8 to 8.30. Hoping not to fly alone.
Planning on being there. Weather seems quite ok to me. Cooler perhaps. No signs of weather on BOM radar. Winds to pick up in the afternoon though so AM is the go.
I'm just packing the car to head to the field now

See you all there !!
i wanted to fly this weekend , however it rained all day yesterday here and had a heavy downfall last night for over 2 hours . my thoughts were the field would be drenched .
Sorry to disappoint you Frank, but you missed out on a good day's flying. Wind peaked at approx 15kph but generally under 10kph with a field more than dry enough. Even the regularly puddled areas were dry. Most people must have been befuddled by daylinght saving as I was at the field by myself until 10.30. Some were delayed by the Bathurst race. Thanks to Samste for mowing on Wednesday, but it looks like the growing season is well under way with grass a little long for small wheeled models.
Anyone been to have a look and see what conditions are like down at the field ?

I'm thinking of heading down there for a fly in the morning
Haven't had a look at it Champ no - but I think gumboots and a sense of humour would be required.
Good luck,
Steve
Is anybody daring the damp conditions for a fly this morning. Winds are calm & a shame to waste that rarity
Goodmorning, I will be down soon.Waiting for a calm day to try the 2.8m glider.Maybe Dave will bring his too.
Anyone thinking about flying today be mindful of the heavy rain we have had and only drive in if the field condition is suitable for vehicles.
Dropped by for a look.
Drive in and field ok for parking.
Runway soggy grace end, ok pilot box onwards.
Suprising it fairs good after all that rain.
A few down already and flying, no wind as of yet.
I must leave an go to work.
had one of my best days flying ever . could not believe when Jason said the field is busy with flyers this morning , i thought he was pulling my leg , however i put the batteries on charge and was there at lunch time and the field was great along with the weather .
Yes i was amazed how the Field Faired with the weather the way it was this week.
Would of loved to had Stayed and got some air time myself.

Steve Smile
theres always tomorrow .
It look like the weather man is turning it on for us this weekend...
Hope to see you all down there enjoying the blue sky and the magnificent field condition.
Roger that El Presidente, but wind picking up around lunch time. I will be there between 8 - 8.30
(19-10-2012, 07:00 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]... but wind picking up around lunch time.
Yes - you're right there mate, Willy says it's going to get well-and-truly windy after midday!
A nice head wind can be a blessing... as long as it is coming from the right direction... helps slow down the quick ones.
Hoping to head down shortly for and hour or two
anyone flying tomorrow -(Sunday)
Not me Frank, family duties 200km south. I think we have of recent sadly neglected this thread. It is an important thread, not just for members but also for visitors keen to attend for potential membership. Whoever intends to be at the field Saturday or Sunday, should view this thread & if nobody has posted, then dont be afraid to be the first.
Not me. I'm flying my big ones out West.

I might be able to get down there tomorrow not 100% sure tho'
I have a few domestic duties I have to sort out first
Missed out today at the last minute; tentatively hoping to make up for that tomorrow morning Frank :-)
my batteries are charging . i'll probably be there .
if they fit in , ill be taking the MX2 , the Yak 54 and try out the panther EDF .
planning on being there today.
Will be there today.I have my Durafly T28 to maiden more and more heli practice.