Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21-12-2011, 01:58 PM)paulj Wrote: [ -> ]Husni,
Unfortunately you have picked a bad time to want to
come down. Due to recent bad weather our field is practicaly unusable.
Those members that you see posting on here about going down for a fly
are talking about just calling in whenever they have a moment free and they are
only hand launching their models and hoping to find a dry bit of grass to land on again.

You are most welcome to come down and introduce yourself whenever we get back to regular
flying but what with ground conditions and Christmas/New Year commitments it's not sure
when that will be.

Our field is part of the Parramatta Flood Mitagation area and as such turns into a lake
after heavy downfalls of rain. Couple that with Motor Bike riders who like nothing more
than cutting up the grass with their wheelies our runways are in urgent need of repair.

We have asked the Parramatta Council to provide materials so that the members can
perform a working bee and are awaiting on their reply.

Please keep checking on this forum to find out more details of when this is likely to happen.

Regards
Paul Johnston
President

hi paul thanks for the information. unfortunatley the weathers been bad. but ill keep checking the forums and ill look forward to meeting with you guys soon.
McCoy is unservicable men so if the sky is considerate I will be heading out to Penrith for a fly tomorrow.
Gazz
See you there Gaz, Trojan repaired & ready for another onslaught of punishment on it's landing gear. Hopefully get used to landing it as softly as I do on Phoenix
Happy Christmas Men
My wife just instructed me to go and have a fly so I am going down to McCoy for a few flights with my good old Trojan will be heading down about 10 am if anyone wants to join me.
I will only be there for an hour.
Gazz
Hey Gaz,

Happy Christmas!

If you receive similar instructions tomorrow or Tuesday, please post it on the forum. I may join you.

Thanks,
Colin
(25-12-2011, 12:54 PM)chancol Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Gaz,

Happy Christmas!

If you receive similar instructions tomorrow or Tuesday, please post it on the forum. I may join you.

Thanks,
Colin

Yeah, me too.. let me know and we can also practice the moves for the Aus day. I'm guessing no landing geared planes.. only belley floppers... right?
Yes George you are dead right there mate.
The only place to take off and land from down at McCoy is the pits. I went down for 2 hours today and had a ball, unfortunatley the rest of the field is in an abismal state. Most of the main runway is sodden and there are big pools of water all over it.
The heli area and pits are sweet.
Am thinking about going for a fly Tuesday and taking my mower to sort those areas out.
I will post beforehand.
Gazz
I'll take my mower down too on Tuesday. Will watch this thread.
I need to fly again.... ...... .... ........ ............Wired
The forecast for later today and tomorrow looks grim, so I am going down to McCoy now with my mower and a plane or 2 for a few hours.
Gazz
How did you end up with the mowing Gazz? I am planning on going down tomorrow if there is still mowing to be done. The weather forecast doesn't seem that awful (famous last words) so I am hoping a few hours there with the mower might inch us forward to reclaiming the field.

Dave
(26-12-2011, 08:03 PM)Skidz Wrote: [ -> ]How did you end up with the mowing Gazz? I am planning on going down tomorrow if there is still mowing to be done. The weather forecast doesn't seem that awful (famous last words) so I am hoping a few hours there with the mower might inch us forward to reclaiming the field.

Dave

Ill come down to give you a hand and fly, if you are going let me know.
Mowings all done see "Field Condition"
I have to work tomorrow, dont know when or if I will get down to the field.
Don't get to excited its not the best. But it will have to do.
I will be opening up in the morning at about 8 am.
I will not be flying Sunday.
Gazz
(30-12-2011, 08:53 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]I will be opening up in the morning at about 8 am.
I will not be flying Sunday.
Gazz
I'll see you there first thing tomorrow.
I'm there.
Me too..around 9am.
I'm re-assembling the mx2 tonight in anticipation of being able to visit the local field this weekend. A brief visit revealed a permanent clubroom, shaded pit area and 240v available on workbenches under the shade :-) .

At the top of a hill, water puddles are less of an issue than winds

The club has bren at this site for 19 years amd was initially established in 1956!!!

I'll try to get some photos.
(30-12-2011, 10:29 PM)Drew Wrote: [ -> ]I'm re-assembling the mx2 tonight in anticipation of being able to visit the local field this weekend. A brief visit revealed a permanent clubroom, shaded pit area and 240v available on workbenches under the shade :-) .

At the top of a hill, water puddles are less of an issue than winds

The club has bren at this site for 19 years amd was initially established in 1956!!!

I'll try to get some photos.

Well done mate - to say you've upgraded is an understatement!
You'd better remember the sun-block tomorrow, it's going to be a scorcher down your way.
It was great to see a large contingent at the field today - reasonably good conditions, which is no less than we deserve as we've waited a long time for it.

Thanks to everyone who flew, for exercising caution and sticking rigidly to the requirements we have on airspace. I think it demonstrates that we can do it consistently and it's certainly vitally important that we do .

Have a great New Year and hopefully see you at the field tomorrow for a second helping!
Perfect conditions at McCoy .... for those not too hung-over Wink
I'm there tomorrow. I'll check the thread for first arrival time. Willy shows the wind at 3km/h in the morning.
Geday Dave
First arrival will probably be me see you there around 8 am
Went to the field this morning to give the Airwolf a go. Dry at home....raining at McCoy!!! Grrr
G'day Andrew

Yeh I was charged, checked and packed this morning until I looked out the window.
Rain at the moment is very light and intermittent.

Have you got airwolf all set up ok?

Cheers
Rob B
You should have had a snooze in the car for a while Andrew - KevB and I were there from about 9:30am onwards, and joined by Chris at 1:30pm, only just got home. Perfect conditions after it stopped sprinkling, not much breeze. Sorry you missed us!
Hi everyone!
Don't foget we are having a shirt size fitting session this weekend at the field to place our club polo shirt order. If you don't order one this weekend you will miss out. We need to order 50 for them to give the shirts to us at this really cheep rate, so support your club and get your polo shirt order in.
Gazz
Gaz, does our request on your other post count if we can't make it to the field?
Andrew
I have a list with every club members name on it.
Beside that is a box marked size and beside that is a box marked number of shirts ordered.
Anyone who has already asked for a shirt has a 1 in the number requested box and a tentative size in the size requested box.
I will finalise the list at the end of the weekend.
Gazz
(13-01-2012, 09:02 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]Andrew
I have a list with every club members name on it.
Beside that is a box marked size and beside that is a box marked number of shirts ordered.
Anyone who has already asked for a shirt has a 1 in the number requested box and a tentative size in the size requested box.
I will finalise the list at the end of the weekend.
Gazz

Gazz is, as allways, super organised !!