Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
Arrived just after 7.00am Dave was there @ the gate waiting for me.
I unpacked completely, started to rain repacked the car & waited.
Stopped raining no wind put up the old Cessna beautifu.......l .
Dave went out to fly started to rain, we waited stopped he had a good flight.
All of a sudden the wind came from nowhere, really strong the wind sock was horizontal.
Not to be deterred up went the Cub, hairy but good.
Rain stayed away till I departed round 9.45am still very windy but I had a few good flights.
If it is raining in the morning I shall not go down.
If fine I shall again open up round 7.00am.
Hoping the later will prevail.
After the rain we've had today I reckon it will be pretty soft
and wet tomorrow.
Spoke to kev and he doesn't feel that it's worthwhile him going
down tomorrow as he will have to bring Ryan with him if he does.
I've decided to put the maiden flight of the Bandit off this weekend so I'll give
it a miss tomorrow too
Hi Guys,

We had a lot of rain last night - looks pretty miserable out there now.

I shall NOT be coming down this morning - ground will be pretty wet.

Regards,

Ingo
There are some low clouds but most of the the layer of overcast stuff seems quite high. May not be that bad. The dry ground would have swallowed most if not all rain I'd suspect. Post if you are going out as I don't have a key. I was planning on just after 9-9.30am
(13-02-2011, 06:53 AM)Skidz Wrote: [ -> ]There are some low clouds but most of the the layer of overcast stuff seems quite high. May not be that bad. The dry ground would have swallowed most if not all rain I'd suspect. Post if you are going out as I don't have a key. I was planning on just after 9-9.30am

I'm keen to try out and old farourite I've dug up and converted to electric
so I'll be there for a little while this morning even if I have to carry my stuff down.

Jason
(13-02-2011, 08:33 AM)secant0give Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2011, 06:53 AM)Skidz Wrote: [ -> ]There are some low clouds but most of the the layer of overcast stuff seems quite high. May not be that bad. The dry ground would have swallowed most if not all rain I'd suspect. Post if you are going out as I don't have a key. I was planning on just after 9-9.30am

I'm keen to try out and old farourite I've dug up and converted to electric
so I'll be there for a little while this morning even if I have to carry my stuff down.

Jason

See you there.
Thinking about going for a fly.
Does anybody have a field report.
Gazz
Group post from the half dozen of us down at the field: No wind, no rain, no key. :-)
Guys,

I am again planning on going down in the morning just after 7.00am - for a few hours till bout 10.00am.

I shall open up, hoping weather is fine so we can get airborn.

Same applies for Sunday - same scenario just after 7.00am.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Ingo
Ingo,

I'll be there before 8am. Weather forecaset seems good. This time you can get set up without mother nature dumping on you Smile .
Ingo,

thanks for that. I'll be there about 7ish too.

Andrew.
I'll be down tomorrow from around 7-30am with the other early starters.
Not sure how long I will stay, depending on the weather, etc.

Does anyone know how long the grass is on the strip? Is it short enough for the planes to take off?

Thanks and good flying to all.

Chris M
Ill be Down Early as well 7 ish

Steve Smile
Hi guys,
Just wanted to confirm people still planning on being at the field tomorrow morn around 7am with a key? Hoping for an early start myself..........
Cheers
(19-02-2011, 06:34 PM)sglnichols Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,
Just wanted to confirm people still planning on being at the field tomorrow morn around 7am with a key? Hoping for an early start myself..........
Cheers

Ingo said this morning that he was still going to be there tomorrow around 7am (with a key) - weather permitting.
Hey Guys,
There was some carnarge and lost aircraft at the field this morning, however some lost aircraft have been recovered by a search party this afternoon.
With the help of some reconnaissance video footage from an overflying T28 one of the downed aircraft was located and a search party was deployed. The search party quickly located the aircraft only to find that it was a plane that had gone down some time ago, an F22. The search party continued searching the area and found the missing Extra 300 also.

Drew,
I have your plane at my place and will bring down to the field next Saturday if you intend being there then. I intend on going to the Wings Over Illawara Airshow on Sunday so I won't be at our field. The only missing thing was your battery, it must have dislodged itself in the crash.

My plane was unscathed but the battery is shot, each cell only had 1.3V - this explains the loss of control.

Anyone flying tomorrow I hope that you have a good time and that the "Gods" are on your side unlike today.

Aircraft downed today = 7 in total

Chris M
I will be flying again tomorrow Dave, ai expect to be there around 7 am.
See you then.
I think Dave and myself were the only to to escape todays carnage.

Gazz
(19-02-2011, 08:12 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]I think Dave and myself were the only to to escape todays carnage.

Gazz

You guys were lucky!!
Apart from my brother Chris trying to turn his F18 into a Naval folding wing version, then flipping his F4,

Chris M losing his plane (still lost by the time I had left),

Russell's Trex 600 loosing the battle against gravity,

Steve's something or other having a love affair with the ground,

to my spitty requiring some gumboots, a long pole, and a new Kokoda track built to retrieve it from the tree,
it was a pretty uneventful morning. Smile

awh sounds like fun try again tomorrow so we all can watchSmile
Hi Guys,

I shall most certainly be there tomorrow - same as today 7.00am.

Looks as though I was luckky with 2 planes needing repairs before flying this morning one with engine cutout problem the other an elevator gone haywire.

The Cessna was real lucky packing it into the car tonight it had one aileron disconnected.

How did I land it this morning? Good skills.......ha! Ha!

See you guys there, all the best.

Regards,

Ingo
I'll see what sort of carnage I can create tomorrow then.
At this stage my sick wife is on the improve so signs are looking
good that I'll be there in the morning.
I'll probably only fly the mustang and Darren has offered to maiden the bandit.
(19-02-2011, 07:36 PM)chrism Wrote: [ -> ]Drew,
I have your plane at my place and will bring down to the field next Saturday

Thanks for hunting Chris. This plane has had more that it's deserving effort spent in finding it. If the bettery was still attached it would have been in a shocking poor condition so I've just controbuted to extra heavy metals in the creek. Frown.

I'm planning on going down next Saturday but there's too many days between now and then to lock it in yet Wink.

Next time you drop a plane, try just to the left of where Andrew's spitty went. I've still got a P51 foamy in there and it's got an Orange RX I'd like t ore-deploy - but then again is the $8 worth the scratches and scrapes?
hey guys ... hope everyone is well ...

I have been off for few weeks as I have been really busy with my father visiting from overseas and also work. However, should be able to make it down to the field hopefully this weekend finger

I did clock in good extra 10hrs + on the Phoenix though and getting extremely good !!! The simulator is lot of fun but I am much more looking forward to fly in the real world again!
Saturday is looking a lot better than Sunday at this stage with the forcast cold front coming through.
So I will be opening up tomorrow from 7ish.
See you all there.
Gazz
I'll be there around 9am.
Shall be down tomorrow aroud 7.00am till around 10.00am

I shall NOT be flying on Sunday

All the best,

Ingo
Yes folks I am a glutton for punishment.
I will be opening up around 7 tomorrow for another day of flying, fun and frevolity.
See you all there
Gazz
(26-02-2011, 08:07 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]Yes folks I am a glutton for punishment.
I will be opening up around 7 tomorrow for another day of flying, fun and frevolity.
See you all there
Gazz

yeah ill be down fairly early 2morrow also, looking forward to a fly but if it gets too hot im outta there Smile

If the weather clears for this afternoon will head down for a fly,
Was thinking around 3-4pm if it fines up well, will post prior to leaving.

Steve Smile
Was heading to the field on Sunday around 9:30am, but bailed when the wind and rain started in at my place (and continued on/off very lightly for much of the rest of the day.)

Was anyone down at the field then? How were the conditions? Wondering how close the conditions matched my place, and hence if I should press on in future :-)