Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be opening up tomorrow morning between 8 and 8.30.
See you there
Had a good morning's flying this morning
with Steve, Owen, Victor and JohnP.
Weather started off perfect but the wind started to
come up around 11am.
Weekend is not looking promising but never know things
might change.
All being well I'll be down Sunday morning.
I will be opening up at 8 am if the weather is kind.

Gazzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(15-04-2011, 10:03 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]I will be opening up at 8 am if the weather is kind.

Gazzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Planning on being there too at similar time - also pending the weather. At least the winds forecast has dropped from Thursday (30km/h down to 17km/h). Want to get this Logo 600 off the ground.
Hi All

Looking Forward To Flying This weekend, Sat.

Was Wondering if any are Flying This Friday as its a Public Holiday ?
As im keen to get up in the Air again.

Steve Smile

I hope to get down to the field early Friday for a few hours but that will depend on work. So watch this space, I will post on Thursday evening if the fleet is behaving themselves.
I have just come back from a field inspection and unless it drys out a awfull lot the grass sorry to say will be long as dont intend to mow untill it dries a bit
I'll be flying this weekend. Hope the field dries out so we can all get together. Regardless, it wont stop the heli boys!

I shall be going down Friday morning round 7.30 - 8.00am - depending on the weather for a few hours if anybody else is interested.

Maybe Saturday again round 7.30am again if weather is ok! for a few hours.

Again on Sunday round 8.30am - depends on weather again???

Monday again round 8.00am if weather holds for a few hours.

Maybe Tuesday will also be a possibility - again if weather holds & planes stay together.

Shall post updates later nearer the applicable days.

Hope to see you guys there!!!!!

Dingy
I think you are trying to say that you will be
down the field every day this weekend weather permitting......? Smile
Hi Guys,
I won't be flying at all this W/E as I'm going away.
I hope you all have a great long weekend - I know I will.

Cheers
Chris M
To all those going away this weekend, stay safe.
The art of a safe holiday is to aim at your destination, miss anything inbetween & return the same way. Sorry to near plagiarise
BOM says no rain Friday (I will be there with my new baby), shower or 2 Saturday, possible shower for the remaining days.
OK Pilots
As our field looks like a corn field due to the out of control paspallum, I am planning on mowing the field tomorrow by hand because it is to wet for Darrens mower, but we cant have a long weekend with a crappy strip.
So I am asking for volunteers to come and help me get it done quickly.
If you can bring your mower and give me a hand please reply and let me know.
I will be pulling the start cord at 7 am.
Thanx Gazz
Hi Gary,

I will come down. Don't have fuel for the mower so I will have to stop at a servo on the way. Hopefully a servo open that early on Good Friday. I will try and get there around 7am as well.

Dave
I would love to help you out with the mowing
but health issues prevent me.
I even have the wife cut our lawn whenever Kev can't make it.
He too would be willing to help out tomorrow but he and the family have gone down to Canberra to see her parents so no flying for him this weekend.
Thanks Dave
Appreciate the help... even though you as a Heli pilot dont need the short back and sides runway that us fixed wing guys need and love.
See you there.
Thanks Paul
I understand that you aint a spring chicken and that type of physical effort is probably not all that good for you.
Gazz
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I will not be able to come tomorrow or Satuday as planned.

Shall readdress Sunday, Monday & Tuesday later & post.

Disappointed, start of a long weekend & already turning to sh.......!

Catch you later I hope, as all repairs done so far will not be tested.

Dingy
Where I live, we have no grass & I therefore did not replace my worn out unstartable mower. Am happy to lend a labouring hand though. Will get there as early as possible.
Top flying day today, not too many fliers but enough to watch the maiden of few new crafts;
Waynes Messerschmitt flew fantastically
Darrens Massive Pilatus Porter flew as it should but landed as it shouldn't
Jasons Precision Acrobatics Extra something does crazy 3D
Gary's rebirthed PC9 was a bit noisy
And i speared my funjet into the soft stuff luckily
Some pics of today
[attachment=1280]
[attachment=1281]
[attachment=1282]
[attachment=1283]
A big thanks to Gaz, David & Wayne for doing the grass. The field looks great!!

Looking forward to some more flying over the weekend Smile
And some videos

Sounds Like It Was A great Day, Hoping To be Down early Tomorrow,
And also Hoping Weather is as good as it was Today.

Steve Smile
Yea I'm sorry I missed it too.
Been sick all day did not get out of bed until mid afternoon.
Great start to Easter weekend.Frown
Anyway, tomorrow is another day as they say, so
I'm planning on coming down with just the Mustang to ease me back into
things.
Jets may come on Monday/Tuesday will see how it goes.
It was an Excellent day thanks popeyepete for taking the video of the Extra MX !!
Sadly the undercarriage on it need a little repair, I've started on it but I'm not sure how long it will take to get it back in the air again. I was super happy with the way it flew !!

Cheers

Jason
Just reminding all you guys that I am not flying tomorrow, Someone else will have to open up.
Have a great day. I will see you all on Sunday
Gazz
BOM forecast for tomorrow & next 6 days is showers, mainly near the coast. Am hoping to get in some stick time 2mrw before the field becomes Lake McCoy again.
Will anybody flying 2mrw be able to buddy with me please.
Strip report - Gary did a great job yesterday with his mower. Got an hour in this morning before misty rain came in. Wayne got a couple of flights in as well.

Here are photos of the strips this morning about 8.30 - nothing to dodge except for toadstools at the end of the cross strip.

Hope to get down again on Tuesday.

This morning looks ok. Some rain perhaps this arvo but not in the morning according to the weather info. Monday and Tuesday looking windy. I an planning on getting there 9-9.30am. Will walk in.
Dont have to walk in Dave I will be there at 9 too
Of course the weathers perfect, I have to go to church!