Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guessed it in one. Next flight, right wing fell off & that means only one direction for it & fast and it is no more.
Any idea how the wing came off? Can't say I recall the way the wings went on to the fuse. Do you think the wing coming off was due to the previous mishap?
Wing is 1 piece after epoxying mating edges together & plywood spar into slot. Maybe I was not liberal enough with HK 30min epoxy.
plywood spar sheered. could have been weakened when trying to nest in the tree.
I look out my window & what do I see,
barely a leaf is moving up in the tree.
Clouds are clearing, sun shining through,
most of the sky's a lovely pale blue.
Willy confirms weather to be fair,
time to pack the car to get planes in the air.
But dont dilly dally, calm winds may not last,
higher afternoon winds are on the forecast.

See you guys 8 -830 at the field.

(04-11-2012, 07:40 AM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]I look out my window & what do I see,
barely a leaf is moving up in the tree.
Clouds are clearing, sun shining through,
most of the sky's a lovely pale blue.
Willy confirms weather to be fair,
time to pack the car to get planes in the air.
But dont dilly dally, calm winds may not last,
higher afternoon winds are on the forcast.

See you guys 8 -830 at the field.

I will be down but not till around 11am
Wow Wayne you're a poet and didn't.....you ever realise it before. Smile

(Yes I know what it's SUPPOSED to say, but that's too predictable) Wink
Poetry has a certain license, corny things can be said and sound better or more comical. Mostly brings a smile, which is a great start to the day.
(03-11-2012, 10:39 PM)Skidz Wrote: [ -> ]Story pls Wayne. Was it the Pulse? It'd be a shame after the lucky escape.

RC flying is a humbling experience , ive never seen many boasting as it will rip your boasting out of your guts .
my mx2 hit a tree a few weeks ago just as i was telling claudio it flys like a trainer . LOL .
Yes... model planes are all loaned by the gods and.............. sometimes they want them back!!

I lost Viper no1 on Sunday, not much of it left after a mid air around the first pylon, I was just getting the engine sorted and on song after about about 15 flights with it on Saturday. The spare Viper's engine wasn't nearly as free and was going about 15Ks slower. But I was still glad to have it to keep raceing with !!.............. It was so much fun !!

The loss of two Q-40 s on the next race was even more spectacular and a lot more costly.
One hit a pylon and the other impacted the bituman strip at over 250 clicks. both crashed less than 20 yards from where I was and less than 20 seconds apart sadly I didn't have the camera rolling. There wasnt much left of those planes. One of them was pretty much new and the other was really going well. I have some video of it flying on previous races.

Here's a quick clip, imagine crashing at this speed
You must watch this full screen and in HD with the sound turned up full ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_4wJGlnmkw&feature=youtu.be

These machines don't have a throttle they run flat chat and to stop them they use a servo and a wire to squash off the fuel line. Then they land dead stick. Note the speed at which these q-40s land it's pretty hot and you only get one go at getting it right.
"you only get one go at getting it right. "

.....and get it right he did! Wow!
hahahahahha . thats a great deviation of an already awesome hobby .
I wasn't able to get time to mow the runway today - sorry about that. I did get to check things over and although it could do with a trim to cut down the stalky bits, it's still perfectly serviceable for most planes tomorrow.

Sunday looks a better day for flying and so I'll make some time to trim the runway tomorrow afternoon.

I won't be able to make it down to the field of satterday morning I might get there in the afternoon but sunday is looking good at this stage !!
I am planning on being there Sat. I have a day pass Sat but not Sunday. Breezy at the moment but forecast is low wind.
I am a Sunday Flier This weekend but i may be able to help with the mow on Sat arvo if i Finish early.

Steve
well i didnt get home till late today , and my new 68mm 4s edf system was sitting on the desk . i think ill fit it tomorrow , put some batteries on charge and either fly sat arvo or sunday , depending on she he must be obeyed .
I wont be able to fly this weekend but wish you guys clear skies & calm winds for happy flying. Dont forget to post what time someone will be opening for those without ability to unlock the gates. Would hate for someone to be sitting in the car at the gate waiting for long periods or delaying turning up & missing out on good flying hours.
I will be flying on Sunday
I look out the window at the wind guaging tree,
and branches are swaying a little wild & free.
Rain clouds are looming & threaten a shower,
so if your flying today, dont go light on the power.
Am packing the boat for 8 days fishing at sea,
So you can blame the poor weather solely on me.
Hope the weather clears up and trees cease to sway,
so you can take to calm skies at least on Sunday.

Cheers all,
see you in a few weeks.
Wayne
Woke up, saw the Copus Palm flopping around and called it off.

Working tomorrow, so see you all next saturday.
The field is in pretty good shape for those thinking about flying tomorrow. Only 4 members came down to the field today, and some enjoyable relaxing flying was had by all.
There was almost no wind and even though the strip is a bit damp in places it is OK for almost everything apart from big aircraft.
Gazz
(17-11-2012, 01:13 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]The field is in pretty good shape for those thinking about flying tomorrow. Only 4 members came down to the field today, and some enjoyable relaxing flying was had by all.
There was almost no wind and even though the strip is a bit damp in places it is OK for almost everything apart from big aircraft.
Gazz

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh .............................I knew it !! Biggrin
See you tomorrow !!

hopefully it wont rain tonight . the forecast is good . ill be there .
Hi all,
It's been a while, been flat out since coming back from getting married and then moving, but finally all is starting to settle down again. Was wondering if anyone is planning on being down at the field this arvo? I was going to swing past over work just to say hi if anyone is going to be around
Howdy Men
I have my mum down from the country this weekeend so I probably won't be flying, the weather looks terriffic though so I hope you all have a great weekend, just remember to stay away from those bloody power lines!
Gazz
Hi guys, I'm baaaaaack, although I probably wasn't missed BiggrinBiggrin
Getting itchy thumbs so will be at the field bright & early as usual, probably 8.00-8.30 & set up pilot box, witches cones & windsock. Looking forward to joining you all in the skies again. Only been 3 weeks but seems forever Smile
Hi All,
It is unlikely that I will be down at the field this week end as I am out on family duties all Sunday, a flying lesson Saturday morning and have visitors coming down from Tamworth on Saturday afternoon.
Hope the weather is good for those taking to the skies.

Cheers
Chris
(23-11-2012, 07:32 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm baaaaaack, although I probably wasn't missed BiggrinBiggrin
Getting itchy thumbs so will be at the field bright & early as usual, probably 8.00-8.30 & set up pilot box, witches cones & windsock. Looking forward to joining you all in the skies again. Only been 3 weeks but seems forever Smile
Hey Wayne, Hope to be there Sat morning with the re-vitalized Wilga and new Trojan. See you there. I'm now a financial member Biggrin
(23-11-2012, 09:20 PM)Build em crash 'em Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-11-2012, 07:32 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm baaaaaack, although I probably wasn't missed BiggrinBiggrin
Hey Wayne, Hope to be there Sat morning with the re-vitalized Wilga and new Trojan. See you there. I'm now a financial member Biggrin

Welcome to the addiction, hope you will have someone there to assist you in the air & not live up to your namesake.
Cheers
I'm out Sat. Sunday is looking better.