Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I might head down and walk in with something small to fly around 9:30 but I won't stay long maybe 1/2 an hour

The field will very likely be too wet to drive on and we do not want to chop it up!!

Parking up the top and walking is fine. It's probably a better day for small models any way

might see you there ?? Smile
Such an awesome day for flying! So glad i can't make it ?
Did anyone fly today? If so, how were the field conditions?

I'm intending to fly tomorrow morning if the field is flyable.
I didn't end up getting down there this morning my 30 minuet window closed unexpectedly Frown
I'm here and the field looks ok considering the amount of rain we've had. Car park area is firm and safe to drive in... No divots left by the car. Half width of the runway is muddy but it should be ok, just need to be careful with landings.
A modicum of a sprinkle of rain this afternoon and a similar forecast for tomorrow. After Pete's efforts to mow yesterday, I shall not let that dampen (pun, pun) my spirits for a fly tomorrow. I shall open shortly after 8am ready for a day's fly. See you all there.
PS don't forget the pressies, is my birthday.
Oops, forgot about bushcare. My weather gauge tree is dripping water which indicates rain, a shame the rain radar cannot pick it up. The low lying clouds are also dripping water. I have also looked at my rain gauge & approx. 3-4 mm has been added since yesterday morning. Should not affect the field too badly. I will delay my opening & review a little later. Grrrrrrrr doesn't Willy have any respect for my birthday, now I am gunna miss out on the pressies.

Am standing on our soggy field under my umbrella looking at multiple pools encroaching the runway. Will take more than few hours to dry out as water is flowing from Lake McCoy to enlarge the other pool, so will be a repair day for me. If you intend to fly, suggest walk in only as driveway is slippery & subject to traffic damage.
Thanks for the update Wayne... Happy Birthday!
The weather has cleared up & hopefully more of the same will see a flyable strip tomorrow. I went to the driving range to smack a few balls in preparation for my club game tomorrow. Hopefully I hit Willy in the head and he will behave himself & provide a good golfing & flying day tomorrow. If you are opening tomorrow, please post your intentions.
If the weather looks semi-decent in the morning, I'll be there around 9:30am, though I'm guessing the gate will be open already by that time Smile
Heading to the field now. There around 9am.
I am out of action for a while, can somebody do a report on the field condition in the morning. Cheers
Wayne, don't concern yourself with your planes or your wife. I'm taking care of both for you....that's what mates are for...thank me later.
I have been reviewing the reports on field condition and after discussions amongst committee members, we have decided it will be a walk in only fly tomorrow. The spectator area is still too wet & soggy to support vehicle traffic. We have had vehicle damage to this area of recent and we don't want to add to this.
Jason has indicated he will still be attending to do some bronze wing testing.
I did intend turning up tomorrow to catch up with fellow members however I am not prepared to risk a fall or raise my heart rate too much for the uphill walk out.
I had hoped somebody else would have posted tonight as I don't like being the bearer of bad news.
Having spoken to Jason this afternoon & although as each hour passes, the field dries out a bit more, we feel it is best we leave the spectator area free of cars again tomorrow.
This means I will miss out again tomorrow altogether.
It's so damn windy today I crashed my plane while flying on my Simulator.
Ah well. Shouldn't take too long to simulate repairs.
It was windy

I was going to head down for a little while but looking at the way the weather was I just put my lipos back to storage

I'll try again next weekend
Have not seen it take so long for the field to dry out but then again, have not seen so much water for such a prolonged period.
Weather looks pretty good for tomorrow, light winds & minimal chance of rain. Unfortunately we call yet again upon your patience and protect our field by walk in only tomorrow.
I will be walking in tomorrow to give Margaret some respite & catch up for a chat. Not yet confident to fly again.
Unfortunately I'm off to Pt Macquarie for the weekend, will look forward to seeing you soon Wayne.
I'm here, it's much the same as last week although less damp and slowly firming up.

If you're flying today, bring a tarp and boots. As documented elsewhere, the strip is still narrow but it's slightly firmer than last week.
Was at the field today for a few hours today and was great to catch up with a few of the guys willing to walk in to do their stuff.
Kevin was there and we had a walk around and made an executive decision to allow the resumption of drive in tomorrow, just be mindful of the area already truck rutted as that is still a bit soft.
Winds are predicted to be ideal & chance of rain almost non-existent. So grab your planes & charge your batteries, should be a great day.
I hope to be there again tomorrow & look forward to another chinwag but will review flying resumption next week as my health improves.
Planning to Dust some planes off this week and put them through some maintenance.
Heres hoping to get in the Air in a few weeks as it sounds like we are in for some Rain this weekend which there predicting.

Steve Smile
I am hoping to get a plane in the air this weekend too but will restrict activities to my apprentice. Not planning on getting my heart racing for a while yet. Hope to see you there Samste.
Unfortunately I miss out on your company again, attending a Trade Show in Brisbane for the weekend. 6 weeks without a fly, getting withdrawal symptoms.
Sorry Guys, Exam weekend this Weekend.

(19-05-2015, 12:09 PM)Chris Mc Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I miss out on your company again, attending a Trade Show in Brisbane for the weekend. 6 weeks without a fly, getting withdrawal symptoms.
(18-05-2015, 06:27 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]I am hoping to get a plane in the air this weekend too but will restrict activities to my apprentice. Not planning on getting my heart racing for a while yet. Hope to see you there Samste.

Oops, another delay eminent.
(19-05-2015, 07:55 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-05-2015, 06:27 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]I am hoping to get a plane in the air this weekend too but will restrict activities to my apprentice. Not planning on getting my heart racing for a while yet. Hope to see you there Samste.

Oops, another delay eminent.

Not missing out on much the rain is here again and looks set in for a while, which wont be good for the weekend, Take care Wayne.

Steve Smile
Soggy field, walk-in only, gusty winds. Sorry about my hospitalisation curse (I can't fly, so nobody can). Am back on the mend so should be able to make it next weekend which hopefully will mean good flying conditions.
I knew it !!!