Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, while you're there, perhaps you might put in a request for good conditions for next weekend?
Sorry, once again I had to miss out.
New medication is playing up and really zonking me.
Got up at 7:30am with the intension of going down the field
but felt so lousy that I ended up going back to bed.
Starting to feel at little better now (11:30) so hope that
the rest of the day is better.
Will try again tomorrow.
Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear you're feeling crook. New medications have a knack of upsetting the balance.

Hope you'll be feeling better by tomorrow and that you be able to put in a few flights this long weekend.

Happy Easter to you, Pat, Kevin and his family

Victor
Planning on being at the field between 8.30am & 9.00am
We've just got back from a Cubs Family camp. It think it would be entirely un PC of me to disappear flying tomorrow AM. After all, I even got to bring my 3Dfoamy and run thourgh 4 packs whilst we were @ camp Redface.
It sounds like the Easter flying has been good and I hope you've got an equally good day tomorrow.
I will be flying tomorrow from 8.30.
Hope to see you all there..... not to many of you though.
Gazz
6.40am and it seems the rain might cancel the day's plans. The weather forecast seems to have been reversed. Showers all day. Bummer.
So it's logo-a-gogo-nogo-&-all-ready-to-gogo-a-nogo-until-rain-a-gogo-away
8.00am Kellyvile Ridge the rain she is coming down and doesnt look like letting up any time in the near future.
Looks like the weather has put the kybosh on today.
Lets hope tomorrow is a bit better.
(24-04-2011, 07:45 PM)stuka Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear you're feeling crook. New medications have a knack of upsetting the balance.

Hope you'll be feeling better by tomorrow and that you be able to put in a few flights this long weekend.

Happy Easter to you, Pat, Kevin and his family

Victor

Thanks Victor,
Yes medications are a pain in the neck.
I'm feeling much better now thanks and was planning on going
down the field today but rain looks like it's setin. Bummer Frown
Anyway hope tomorrow is better.
The Rain has Stopped, though the field may be a bit damp, will try to go down later to do a field report if the rain stays away. As todays plan was an all day flier which has been binned by the weather.

Steve
is this what we look like every weekend???

lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgkgd8k0VCM
Out here we race like this next weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAexxcN3jj0

More info at www.NSWpylon.org

srl
That was sheer madness Kev.
Accidents waiting to happen everywhere. No Rules except
fly at flat out top speed.
The excitement in their voices was funny.
I reckon there would be some spectacular mid-airs there.
Darren used to say if you can fly at our field you can fly anywhere but I don't know
I reckon if you can safely fly at that field you can fly anywhere Smile
Hey Steve you reckon those little hard hats would
protect you ? Another example of flying flat out and going
nowhere Smile
Well, most fixed-wing aircraft aren't going to be compatible with our field this weekend. There are a couple of options I've been chewing over though ...

1. Visit another field for a fly? Blacktown would probably not be in the same situation as our field and the guys we met from the Penrith club were saying we'd be welcome out there too. The only problem is that the forecast indicates there will be more rain over the weekend anyway.

2. Retail therapy? Pack a cut lunch and hop into the jalopy for a trip over to "The Shire". Probably as good a time as ever to check out HK Caringbah and it doesn't matter what the weather is like.

Anyway, no time to dwell on this at the moment - gotta get back to the wedding telecast (vomit, vomit ....)
(29-04-2011, 07:21 PM)yarrumevets Wrote: [ -> ]Well, most fixed-wing aircraft aren't going to be compatible with our field this weekend.

Good point there Steve. I can't see the weather being kind to anyone this weekend. Rain, rain and more rain it seems.

It does look like Sunday might be the better of the two days (just). If the weather is kind for a few hours, I will walk in a give it a go. If I decide to go down, I will post.

Dave
OK, we've worked out our weekend ...

Junior and I are off to Caringbah tomorrow - if anyone wants anything in particular, then let us know. We'll be happy to get things and then you can fix us up.

On Sunday, we're thinking of heading out to Penrith (been in touch with one of the guys there - but not someone who flies with the Penrith club). Depends upon the weather of course, but it might be good to fly at a different field for a change.

If anyone is interested in either option, then let us know.
Cheers,
Steve

Gday Steve

I may be interested in visiting Penrith site let us know when you are thinking of going.( Thats if there not closed and washed out)
Though if the weather is good Tomorrow morning and Sky's Clear i may think of going down the Field and fly from the back of field if its not Totally flooded and have some need for Speed Flying with the Customized Stryker. (Stock Stryker is Fun But some speed incuded is Awsome)

Steve Smile
Highly unlikely that they will let you fly the Stryker at PEMAC, they are very heavily noise restricted
(30-04-2011, 11:44 PM)kizza42 Wrote: [ -> ]Highly unlikely that they will let you fly the Stryker at PEMAC, they are very heavily noise restricted

Yeh i actually checked out there website and saw that, was only keen to go and see what it looks like and get out of the house and go for a drive, not to fly there.
Rather go down the Field or to Park next to me than hiking to Penrith to fly.
I did get a chance to maiden test flight the PNP P51 Hobbyking this arvo at the park.
Used the concrete Cricket net Pitch for the run way as it Tip stall everytime on the Grass. (Funny enough Drainage is good There grass fairly Dry)
Did some customising Tonight and added extra weight to tail as its very nose heavy which will hopefully fix Tip Stalls trying to take off on grass and bring back elevator trim to center with the extra weight as well hopefully.

Steve Smile
Yes Kizza, PEMAC do pay close attention to the noise-level - fair enough, as they're still in a probationary period I think.

Barnsey and I are going to get together tomorrow morning at about 9:30am and check our PRCAC field out first, but we're not optimistic. We're probably going to head out to Penrith for a look around - it's possible that PEMAC won't be operating (they have a locked-gate preventing access just as we do as it's also council owned property). However if they are open, then might have a fly there as visitors - it depends upon whether their site is any better than ours as far as drainage goes. There's another non-club group which also flies at a park in Penrith (Jamison Park) in the afternoons. Found out about this one from "Jaskel" in RCGroups. This might be a possibility too ... but things would be so much simpler if we hadn't had all this wet stuff and our own field was operational.
If the rain hasn't been heavy through the night, I might check out the field around 9am also. It might be ok for flying helis.
Well, the sky is much more "flyer friendly" this morning - although that's obvious to everyone who looks at it themselves I guess.
Willy predicts no rain at all for today and only light winds so I'd say things are good for helis. For fixed-wing it's a bit less certain, but I suspect the ground to be mushy.
I will be down just after 11am for hand launching Fun.
T28 Hand Launches Easy Biggrin

Steve Smile
No flying but we did successfully hold a great 6th birthday party. Regardless of the field condition, I wasn't getting the the air today but was also very glad for the good weather.
Heads Up, Flying This Saturday Only

But Flying on Sunday, well i do like Living.
Unless However i get the OK but then that could be a Trick in Testing me ummmmmmm , Play it safe i think but then kids don't have soccer this Sunday ummmmmm and i did get a Great Mothers Day Gift for the kids to Give to Mum. the Dilemma Confused
(MOTHERS DAY)

Steve
(04-05-2011, 07:37 PM)samste Wrote: [ -> ]Heads Up, Flying This Saturday Only

But Flying on Sunday, well i do like Living.
Unless However i get the OK but then that could be a Trick in Testing me ummmmmmm , Play it safe i think but then kids don't have soccer this Sunday ummmmmm and i did get a Great Mothers Day Gift for the kids to Give to Mum. the Dilemma Confused
(MOTHERS DAY)

Steve

Yes, not sure myself. Netball Saturday morning but after 12.00pm is good for me (but most others will have gone. Please leave the gates open?).
Sunday is looking like a home day. Taking my lovely wife out for brekky/lunch so flying is not a good option.
Howdy pilots
Dont want to get to exited......... but the weekend is almost starting to look like it has a little bit of YEEEEEHAAAAA in it.
Steve
I know it's only Thursday night but if you get a chance tomorrow we would love a Tony Greg pitch report.... if you know what I mean....... over to you champ.
Gazz
Yes, no worries Gazz - I was planning on going over for a look some time in the afternoon after work and checking things out for a quick report.
Was there for one quick Test flight yesterday just after lunch between jobs and the drive in and parking area is OK but the Field is still wet under feet. Slosh, slosh sound, if that helps.
On main runway the other is not so bad and would be the one to use.

Steve will hopefully give us a more up to date as it did get quite windy yesterday arvo so it may have quicken the drying process and Today looks like it will help improve the field as well.

Cannot Fit mower as van full but might try and take whipper snipper down as may be passsing through today and can spare 30 min to maybe snip those high bits whats sa ma call its on the cross run way.

Steve