Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeh, Sunday looks a better option from the weather forecasts but I'll be there both days playing "pretend secretary".
LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!!!

As Rob mentioned on the previous page, we will be doing some filming from around 8:30 ish, until we stop doing any filming. You may or may not be volunteered into doing something or nothing, depending on how much or how little we need or don't need. Rob has a few things already planned, which is a good thing, because I just re- read this post & I think I have had too much red wine.

BTW, Rob is the main character in the feature & from what he has already told me, his needs are great & he is a bit of a prima-donna, so be kind to him. Smile
Well, batteries have been topped up, the Carbon C's settings have been double checked and the Stinson's D/R, throws and C of G has been set... So I'll stick my head up mid morning and make a fool of myself.

As the MIA producer, I must inform you that 8:30 is a bit late to start filming, You guys are going to totally miss Golden hour! I was envisioning Rob bathed in a nice warm glow for the duration of the production.... There was going to be awesome silhouette montage as well....Icon_twisted
Yeah Kieran that was my initial plan but after 2 of our kids have had several trips to hospital over the past 2 months, I needed some sleep. I'll get around to it. I LOVE that golden hour....and happy hour. Smile
G'day KV

I'll have you know I am always bathed in a warm glow.
That's how good I am.
There is no logical scientific explanation for this.
I just accept the fact and get on with life.

Cheers
Rob (I am up thine self) B
AKA Worlds Finest Actor
Still bloody renovating, BUT I will be there tomorrow.
I've been umming and arring.... there is now way I would attempt to fly in this poo. See you guys next saturday Mad
Am in Dubbo for 4 days, so I cant be volunteered for anything, sorry. Would have been the bad example if required, dont need to act
What a Ripper of a Day at Mc Coy , Just getting Back and had Loads of Fun.

Go The Rare Bear Team, That was so much Fun Racing, Loved it.

Also i had a few More Flights with my Nemesis and even went the 2 Blade 12x12 with Jason Doing a Race Start for Me.
And Yes Thxs Kieran Flaperons work well and Found that it floated for ever with the 2 blade prop with Power off.

What can i Say it was a picture Perfect Conditions Today with quite a few turning up.

Steve

I had a fun (and educational!) day today too.

* I learnt that mowing the strip with a rare bear is possible, but not advised.
* I saw how to make a circuit and land a rare bear with half a prop after mowing.

As well as a lot of help getting me airborne again (twice even).

Was a good day, hopefully the weather is a sign of spring to come.

Awesome day flying on Sunday,

My new bestie, what a wicked little thing!
[attachment=2844]
Definately worth every cent i Rekon, They Fly Great, slow and fast, and Strong.

Steve Smile
My Sunday's are back. See you all next week. Pretty ticked off that I couldn't fly yesterday. Looked like the best weather for flying in a very long time. Good riddens to La NiƱa.
I will be flying Tommorow Weather Permitting, Not Sure The Condition Of Field after mini Storm Yesterday, Hoping Not and Issue.
Unless Someone can Give Update,

Steve Smile
Will be there to join you, am also hoping for ok conditions. Want to see how the Eratics performs on our "postage stamp" (a Claudio quoted description)
I'll be down with video camera to get some more footage for our club video. Rob B & I should be there together next Sat to do some more. Smile! Smile
Well, there is still a puffy little breeze going on, but unless it's ridiculous in the morning I'll be down about 9ish. Currently topping the batteries for the Cub, this AS3X guff is supposed to deal with light wind...

.... and I just strapped my Flycam to the Stinson. Hopefully it won't become a black box :p
Samste & I will at the field 8ish to see if the field has suffered too much from Thursdays rain. Will post at that time if field is flyable or if we are heading to PEMAC
Field is open
SteveSmile
Thanks Steve.
Thanks for a great morning, will be back next week with... something.
Maidening my zero tomorrow, woohoo Smile Didn't finish spray painting tail of flying wing otherwise that would have been ready too. Sea Fury, so to close finishing, bugger....
Can't wait to fly again Smile
I am opening up this morning around 8am.
Nice shot Steve. Thanks for your cooperation on Saturday guys. I have a nice, low down video using rack focus from the foreground to background. (That's me at the far end of the line up).
Well, apart from some fuel line for my clevises, I'm ready to go again...
I've got plenty of that stuff - let me know if you haven't got hold of any by Friday night and I'll bring some along for you!
Thanks Steve, but I work in a hobby shop Wink The only thing stopping me is outright forgetfulness Lol

Actually, I have to set the control surface throws on the on the big Cub, and the fuel line... then I have at least one plane airworthy.

Might bring the little Hobbyzone Champ as a warm up activity too. Just to get my head back into it with something that you have to try really hard to stick in Biggrin
Willey predicts wind 7-8kph early tomorrow morning picking up to 14 k's 10am & 16 k's at noon, not too bad for flying but does anybody know how much rain fell this arvo on the field. I had a decent downpour on M4 on way home tonight