Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21-01-2013, 10:20 PM)Skidz Wrote: [ -> ]One of best and long lived EDF jets is Frank R's F86 Sabre. Not sure who is the kit builder/supplier but that plane looks nice and flies nice. Frank always brings it to fly which ucounts for a lot IMO.

He upgraded the motor on it.

You mean this one Smile It's a beautie !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeQM72SDDE0
Here is the link.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ouse_.html

And yes its in stock and available from the Australian warehouse.
The identical plane in skyblazers paint scheme is 9 dollars cheaper from the international warehouse but 19 dollars more from the Australian warehouse... you work that one out????

It still flew like a friggin champion before Frank did the upgrade. The bigger motor just made it a litle bit faster, but didn't make a massive difference.
It's a sweet flyer. Been thinkin about gettin one myself.
Guys, what hours are people usually at the club Saturday's and Sunday's?
I had some errands to run Sat and when I got to the club it was deserted!
Members start arriving from 8.30. Most fly untill about 12.30 to 1pm, but on a good day there are people there until 2 to 3pm. On a perfect day you will still find a few there as late as 4pm.
Gazz
Thanks Gazz. Saturday must have been less than perfect, I'm sure it was about 1pm when I got there.
Is it flying as normal over the long weekend? Hopefully I can get down there Sunday.
(23-01-2013, 03:54 PM)f1worldchamp Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, what hours are people usually at the club Saturday's and Sunday's?
I had some errands to run Sat and when I got to the club it was deserted!

Best time is between 9.30 and 12.30... on both days if you want to meet up with most of the guys.
See you soon.
Yes mate, its a normal flying weekend, we are just throwing in a Barby and a couple of other minor events to make Australia Day a bit of fun.
Good morning all,
will anyone be flying today or is it too wet,
thanks
Garrick
Its looking too wet for me. Although if the rains backs off maybe one or two brave pilots might be tempted.
(27-01-2013, 09:22 AM)Servo Wrote: [ -> ]Its looking too wet for me. Although if the rains backs off maybe one or two brave pilots might be tempted.

I think you are right. doesn't look like the rain will be backing off today or tomorrow! seems to always rain when i'm able to go down to the club!! oh well maybe next w-end.
Thanks.
Went down to the field today at around 12pm, it is a tad wet at the moment. Although I have to say that mowing that extra width to the strip (southern side) keeps the water further away from the northern side longer, until it really buckets down.
[attachment=3353]
[attachment=3354]
[attachment=3355]

Hopefully it won't tak too long to dry out
We were very lucky with our Australia Day weather, weren't we!
We certainly were Gazz,

Looking at those photos It might be a good time to test fly the float plane !!
That would give the missus another reason to question my sanity Smile
I guess we will have to get our flying fix from our simulators!!
can anyone tell me is there a Parramatta field for real flight out there?? would really like to practice on that field!
Garrick. We have a PRCAC field for Phoenix simulator. If you have Phoenix, and you are a club member, check out the members section on the forum for the link to the file. Cheers.
(28-01-2013, 02:53 PM)brotherblonde Wrote: [ -> ]Garrick. We have a PRCAC field for Phoenix simulator. If you have Phoenix, and you are a club member, check out the members section on the forum for the link to the file. Cheers.

Thanks but unfortunately i only have real flight 6. seems like everyone else uses Phoneix, possibly poor decision making on my behalf.
thanks again Smile
(not a member yet but hoping to be soon!)
Garrick, if you call Hunter Wang on 0405 155838, he sells Phoenix, including a USB dongle for it for $30 or $40. He is based in Baulkham Hills and has a lot of helis and accessories.
(28-01-2013, 07:41 PM)brotherblonde Wrote: [ -> ]Garrick, if you call Hunter Wang on 0405 155838, he sells Phoenix, including a USB dongle for it for $30 or $40. He is based in Baulkham Hills and has a lot of helis and accessories.

I might just do that, that's a lot cheaper than i have seen them selling online,
Thanks.
(28-01-2013, 07:49 PM)TopGun Wrote: [ -> ]... that's a lot cheaper than i have seen them selling online ...

... and that's because they're probably pirated versions, since the RRP is about AUD $150.
(http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/P...21-45.html)
I believe Hobbies in the Hills sells Phoenix without transmitter @ $129. Cheapest I have seen anywhere. I use this program on a regular basis and will continue to sharpen my skills with it. The advantage of flying at our field is priceless. Worth it's weight in gold.
Thanks I will go and have a look this week. will it work with my DX8? i have read that some people have had to disconnect there module on there transmitter for it to work, is this so??
I have a Spektrum DX8 and I fly on Phoenix without any modifications
cool will give it a go then,
Thanks for you help!
(28-01-2013, 08:50 PM)TopGun Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I will go and have a look this week. will it work with my DX8? i have read that some people have had to disconnect there module on there transmitter for it to work, is this so??

Works fine with the DX8 and you cannot disconnect a module on the DX8..its all built in.

Real flight is a good sim as well so don't just go out and spend more money just to practice on the field... use it for now and just imagine you have powerlines in the distance as you fly and trees to dodge on landing and you will be on your way to flying at our club.Leet
You are probably right George. maybe i will try create a Parra field for real flight and practice with that, wont be as accurate but will do the job i suppose.
A RealFlight version of the PRCAC field is something that I've had on the cards for a while. Since there seems to be some interest again I'll resurrect the project and see how we go. I think I still have the original pano I shot somewhere that I made the Pheonix one with.

I'll have a fiddle and see what I can come up with. Maybe even start a new post in the members section for it.
A simulated flying session is about all we can expect this weekend, by the @&#€ing look of it!
You can forget about flying this weekend. It is bucketing down, see you next weekend... maybe!
Looks like a good weekend for catching up on those repairs you have been putting off... either that or get stuck into that new plane you've got sitting in the corner!