Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... yes, I'll be slipping in at the crack of 10:00am, as usual Wink
I might head out to Blacktown or Vinyard fields for a fly since McCoy park is going to be soggy.
anyone Keen to come along?

I need to give my Q500 a test fly since I've replaced the fire wall. I broke it on landing after the last race at Nowra. It's a good excuse to burn some methanol any way Smile

What a crappy stroke of luck having the field flood when the weather's been so nice and promises the same today ??!!

There's been no flying for me so far this weekend. I've been busy installing a dishwasher, new Kitchen benches and a new sink. Fortunately the benches come pretty much ARF now days, It's almost all done, I just have to fit the splash back which won't be ready 'till next week. So I've got to get in a decent days flying today.

I've had my chargers going since 5 this morning
Blacktown it is, and Vinyard is Plan B if they are flying rockets and the field is closed to RC planes (as it sometimes is at Blacktown)
I had a great at days flying at Blacktown.

I didn't realise that you needed a specific invitation from a member to fly there. I thought it would be much like Vineyard in that if you just lob up at the gate some-one would let you in and as long as your a member of the MAAA and you signed in and perhaps payed a small fee, it was all good as is pretty much the case at our field.

Apparently you need to be an invited guest of a member which is fair enough, however I just didn't realise this. They were kind enough to let me sign in and fly there on this occasion which was very nice of them. Even tho technically I'd invited my self. It was fairly quickly pointed out that they don't usually welcome people that turn up uninvited.

It was a nice day and I got in quite a few flights talked to some very interesting people and saw some nice models and some very good flying as well. I was super happy to be able to do a test flight of my Q-500 to check that it's trimmed ready for Mothers day. Since it's powered by a thunder tiger 46 I can't fly it at McCoy Park.
Annoying... had all my batteries charged, then had a callout for work this morning at 7:30am (to go to Wagga!) Just got back. Visit to family at springwood so probably won't have time tomorrow either.
And almost forgot... May the 4th be with you.
(05-05-2013, 12:37 AM)helijeli Wrote: [ -> ]Annoying... had all my batteries charged, then had a callout for work this morning at 7:30am (to go to Wagga!) Just got back. Visit to family at springwood so probably won't have time tomorrow either.
And almost forgot... May the 4th be with you.

lol, I see what you did there luke
Being an addicted flier I will be there tomorrow as usual. I will open the gates at my normal time of between 8.00 & 8.30 and will set up the pilot box, cones & wind sock as usual (unless somebody beats me to it Biggrin )
Thanks mate - should be a good day with excellent weather predicted.
Church and Mothers Day will keep me away today.
Anyone ?
I'm maidening my Sea Fury tomorrow. I'll also have those towerpro motors for Mick if he's down there tomorrow.
Really hope it's not too windy.....
Yep - it won't be as windy as it was today, but it won't be dead calm as it has been for the past few weekends either. The field is in very good condition though!
Sorry guys, I won't be there tomorrow to open up, helping a friend move house. So will be somebody elses turn, maybe the crack of 10 Smuzz Wink . If my back holds out, I will be there Sunday bright and early
No worries Wayne - have fun helping with the house-moving day!
Providing the wind stays to a sensible level I shall be there. I've doubled my collection of 2200 3S's so no excuses for dodging max flight time.
Managed to Drop in for 1/2 hour between jobs Today was Windy but this did not deter many as there was quite a lot ofpeople down there.

I am looking Forward to Some Flying Tommorow, lets hope the Weather conditions are spectactular.

Steve Smile
Have to say sorry again today guys, wont be opening up or flying again today. Appears I forgot Margarets birthday. Am taking her to Watsons Bay for lunch, Doyles is one of her favourites. Have also been invited to walk to The Gap, have been threatened with being pushed over. Said she was only joking, or was she???????????
I forgot our anniversary today and then I forgot how many years it was.
Fortunately I think she forgot as well 'cause late last week she organised to go and visit her mum today.
I didn't let on my suspicions tho'

The good news is I will get to the field today Smile
Hope you guys had a good day flying today. Marg & I walked to The Gap from Watsons Bay wharf but I held on tight to the rails to avoid a different flight to what I enjoy.
Well, what a top day for flying! Sunny and warmed up towards lunchtime with hardly any wind. A reasonable number of members turned up to enjoy the ideal conditions. A special honourable mention to Gazza for his dogfighting skills. I decided to tow a colourful streamer behind my Balsa Trainer for fun (and to see who I could provoke into battle). Well, within a few seconds of spotting the Bandit, Gazzahad scrambled his fighter (Trojan), was airbourne and closing in for the kill. Came in from behind and below where he couldn't be spotted by his prey. When he was just behind and still below, a quick pull on up elevator and he was up and sliced through the 5 metres of streamer leaving barely 2 metres behind (& at the first attempt!).
Legond Effort, That's not easy to do !!
Hi Everyone,
Not sure who is flying at McCoy today, but I am off to PEMAC for their swap meet.
Chris M
Weather permitting i will Be Flying Tommorow Morning

Steve Smile
I was just looking at the forecast................How good does it look for the next 3 days !!!!

Sadly I can't get down there tomorrow But Sunday & Monday are both on the cards !!
I will be opening up at about 8.30 and will be there all day if anyone needs any assistance.
Gazz
I'll be heading down there as soon as My batteries finish charging

See you there, the forecast looks brilliant !!
I had to work.

Would like to get a chance to get in the air in the morning, will check back in the a.m. to see if there will be any instructors heading down.
Hi Guys,
I wont Be Flying Today, off to work, Not Sure what the Condition of the Field is as we did get a little rain last Night.
Enjoy

Steve
Not the most ideal of conditions today guys. According to Willy, wind is currently WSW 13kph with a gradual increse to over 30kph by midday. At least no rain.
Braving the wind I should be at the field by 8.30 to set up & have a fly before the wind gets too strong.
Flying today was a test of nerves, winds were mostly across the strip and 20 - 30kph. A few brave souls took to the air & were buffetted by turbulence around the trees and landings were anything but graceful. Fortunately I dont recall seeing anything worse than nosed over landings (mine of course) and all planes went home with very little wear & tear.
Tomorrows winds according to willy will be up in the late teens. A bit testy on reflexes but still flyable. Another golf day for me tomorrow, but I imagine we will have a volunteer to open early tomorrow for the daring to punch a few more holes in the sky.
Have a good day fellas.