Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll meet up at Vinyard at 9:30 am
I'd like to have a look out there especially if they don't have any noise concerns.
Might be a place to take gas powered extra when it's finished
No worries Jason - will be good fun to get a few circuits in at another field.

I've got an old HB .60 2-stroke glow that I'd like to do something with one day. Might take it out there tomorrow with my sound meter and see what it's like when it's screaming away at full throttle!

Btw, if you'd like my mobile number then email me stevem@eng.uts.edu.au so that we can deal with any last-minute arrangements tomorrow morning.
Guys,

Vineyard is probably a washout. Kieran gave me the name of a chap that could take me for my heli bronze at Vineyard this weekend. He phoned me yesterday about 3pm when I was in Brisbane. He told me the access road wasn't likely in good nick from the rain and that he'd phone me back if Vineyard was open. So far, no call.
Hmm - thanks Dave. We're already committed to going out there to have a look anyway, so we'll continue to Penrith if the access road is out.

UPDATE: Jason, KevB, Claudio, Junior and I lobbed up - sure enough the access road was a mess, but passable. There were a few of the Hawkesbury contingent there and a few PEMAC guys also. Not a bad field - plenty of space (but of course, they all seem that way to us don't they?) with two runways and although they could have done with a bit of a mow, they were better than ours at the moment. An informal chat with some of the blokes there suggested that there wasn't a visitation limit - something to keep in mind. What was interesting and unexpected was that most of the planes flying out there were electric - a couple of 2- and 4-strokes took to the air, but predominantly it was nice quiet smooth reliable brushless power doing all the work!

Where is everyone flying tomorrow?
What was the field like at Penrith?
Field Conditions at Pemac are Good and weather was great Today, no wind.

I would love to Fly Tommorow as weather is forcasted to be ok but i have things to do.
I heard Vineyard was good, Is Vineyard open Tommorow ? or do you need to call first ?

Steve
Vineyard will be operating again tomorrow Steve, but a call will be necessary from the gate, unless you're lucky enough to arrive at the same time a member is arriving or leaving.

I'd like to be flying tomorrow too, but like you I have got other things to deal with.
hi guys . some one fill me in . it appears we are allowed to fly at other club fields if we are members of PRCAC . can some one tell me the details on this please ?
Yes Frank - the deal is that if you keep your MAAA card handy, you can usually roll in to the field of another (MAAA approved of course) club and sign their visitor's book for a fly. Sometimes they'll charge you a few bucks (Blacktown $10!!!!), other times they'll let you do this a few times per year before expecting you to apply for associate membership (PEMAC), others will sit you down and spell out the flying rules in detail (SRCS) and others are quite laid-back and let you just go for it (Hawkesbury ... on the face of today's evidence).
(21-04-2012, 08:47 PM)samste Wrote: [ -> ]Field Conditions at Pemac are Good and weather was great Today, no wind.

I would love to Fly Tommorow as weather is forcasted to be ok but i have things to do.
I heard Vineyard was good, Is Vineyard open Tommorow ? or do you need to call first ?

Steve

Are you heading out to Vineyard today Steve? If you are I'll join you. What time would you think you'll be there? Just to save multiple calles to let us in.
Mick
Yes, please post if you are going. I couldn't fly yesterday and was keen to fly today but probably won't be "somewhere" until about 11am. I am going to Europe Tuesday on business and won't be back until May 15 where from then on my wings/rotors are clipped to Sundays only through to Sept.

Keen for a fly today fellas. If nothing ends up happening, I might find somewhere for solo flying.
(22-04-2012, 08:55 AM)Skidz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, please post if you are going. I couldn't fly yesterday and was keen to fly today but probably won't be "somewhere" until about 11am. I am going to Europe Tuesday on business and won't be back until May 15 where from then on my wings/rotors are clipped to Sundays only through to Sept.

Keen for a fly today fellas. If nothing ends up happening, I might find somewhere for solo flying.

Whilst I'm not going to europe, business or otherwiseTounge, I am keen to fly today as well. It's too cold to swim so McCoy is out but am still keen to go fly somewhere.
Heading for vinyard now
Just got to vineyard no one here yet
Hopefully somone will arrive with a key soon Smile
(22-04-2012, 10:10 AM)secant0give Wrote: [ -> ]Heading for vinyard now
Just got to vineyard no one here yet
Hopefully somone will arrive with a key soon Smile

Just got here too but no sign of anyone else. I'm here by my lonesome.

Some video of Vineyard field from the air taken on saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1IZKb0b9Q
(23-04-2012, 10:51 PM)secant0give Wrote: [ -> ]Some video of Vineyard field from the air taken on saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1IZKb0b9Q

Great Clip Jason , i didn't realise that the creek was so big and full, No wonder they were talking about Float take off's from the creek.

I had a Great Time Too, very Relaxed and nice people. loved the huge Turbine Heli.

Steve

p.s lol Had the guys there scratching heads with my electric turbine edf.
Sounds like, goes like but doesn't smell like ( lol ,need to pour some kero on it for smell)

There was some nice gas powered models Flying.
Quote:p.s lol Had the guys there scratching heads with my electric turbine edf.
Sounds like, goes like but doesn't smell like ( lol ,need to pour some kero on it for smell)

There was some nice gas powered models Flying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the locals were very impressed with your EDF striker !! It was the quickest machine out there on Sunday. Even a shade faster than that slipery flying wing sporting a piped thunder tiger 46, it was quick too!!
Something that really strikes me about your set up Steve, other than the sound it makes, is the way it accelerates, love how it just jumps when you open her up. Impressive !!

You wouldn't want to come down on the other side of that creek Im not sure how you'd get there to retrieve a model, I think it might be a long walk around!!

I had a great time both days there was a diferent crowd there each day and they were all very friendly and welcoming, there were some nice machines there and some good flying to be seen as well.
Its a very fine field they have too !!
Having almost completed my tours of duty at Margaret's mum's house & a long overdue weekend of fishing, am looking forward to enjoying the fruits of Steve M's labour (many thanks) and having a fly. Who is opening the gates tomorrow and what time. The crack of 10 seems like half the day has disappeared. Cheers
I will be there about 8.30 !
The ever reliable Gazz,thank you. Will be there to keep you company.
Sorry I haven't been down for a while, guys. I have been working a bit over the weekends Frown, & when I have had them off, Mrs R has been putting me to work painting bedrooms, & doing big house cleanup stuff. But I'll be back at the field.....sometime.......hopefully......
Packing Car with Planes and Heading Down Shortly

Steve
Anyone with a key near by or comming down this morning?
Sorry Jason, I went cycling this morning and have just seen your posting.

To all,
Can I suggest, if you know the day before that you are going to fly the next day, put a posting on the web site as early as possible this way even if I am not flying I can most of the time come down and open up for you if no other key holder intends on flying.

Cheers
Chris
I didn't think anyone was going to be at the field, given the weather.
At 9:00am and 10:00am I checked and couldn't see anyone at the field and with the wind blowing a gale I wrote the day off - sorry about that Jason.
This issue has been raised too many times to count.
All club members have access to committee phone numbers, and as has been posted too many times to recall. Darren's house is less than a 5 minute walk.
Club members need to be a little more proactive it getting the gates opened!
The wind was howling most of the morning.... Who flies in that crap?
In times of bad weather, you can always come to my place & help me clean/tidy up or paint. Smile Smile (Trouble is, I have to do it even in good weather ATM.) Frown
There were a few of us there shortly after 10 we didn't walk down for a while, we had a bit of a social chat at the gate while we waited for the wind to really come up, then we walked in for a bit of a fly.

George had a few flights and had no trouble landing really nicely despite the cross wind and I had a couple of flights as well and really enjoyed it!! It's kind of fun flying in the wind, it adds a bit of excitement and it's a bit of a skill tester as well. Mind you it's not much good for 3D.

The wind was not the devel it could have been, comming pretty much straight accross McCoy park it wasn't super turbulent like it is if it blows from either end of the strip. It still had the odd but of lump to it tho'.

Believe it or not Gazz, there are people who burn pertol and spend time, driving to far off slope sights, deliberatly to stand in the cold and fly in wind like that with no motor either. Smile

I really didn't mind walking in I've done it plenty of times and was just happy to have a fly. I would have liked to test out the big ugly stick in the wind but not that much wind tho' as it doesn't have the fastest controll responses. Hence I didn't bother carrying it down to the field.

Hi Guys,
No flying for me tomorrow as I am out all day, although I expect there will be someone to open up the gate in the morning.
You would be right there Chris, and that someone is
Da da daaaaaaaaa!
Captain Decadance to the rescue
I will be at the field about 8.30