Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately I won't be there today (Sat)...earning some more brownie points. Smile

Should be there Sunday for a final practice.
Howdy Pilots

I will be flying from a sparrows fart tomorrow morning.
Will be opening up around 8 am. See you there.

Gazz
Kieran - next time you bring your quadcopter along, Jason would probably be keen for you to do a photographic reconnaissance mission over a certain area of the reed bed if possible. The canopy/battery-hatch left his Edge today during flight and we just couldn't find it on foot.
You didn't happen to bump into my f22 or p51 whilst you were in there did you?
Hey Drew,

Check with Jason for your planes. He flew his FPV plane over the reeds a couple of times and was recording. His recordings are usually smooth and clear.

Regards

John H
Highly unlikely I'll make it down this weekend. Have fun if you do get down there!
OK Kieran - I'm planning on stick-time both days, looks like tomorrow will be offering better weather conditions than Sunday.
See you next weekend then!
I won't be down this weekend either, the brownie point count is veeeery low! Hopefully the following weekend will see me there. Have fun.
(24-01-2011, 05:46 PM)stillflyin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Drew,

Check with Jason for your planes. He flew his FPV plane over the reeds a couple of times and was recording. His recordings are usually smooth and clear.

Regards

John H

I looked at the video several times and sadly saw no sign of either the edges canopy or Drew's plane
I am planning on coming down, hopefullybefore 9:00.
I have a key if the gates aren't open by then.
I will be at the field early tomorrow, have to leave early to go to a BBQ.

Thamks Darren for turning the strip/field into a bowling green.

Field condition is the best I have seen for a long time.

See you there

Gary
Although it was a small crowd, we had great weather and a freshlymowm strip to play with Smile.
Have fun tomorrow and I'll hopefully see several of you next w/end.
Will be down again tommorow, Morning Visit.

See All Down There.

Steve Smile
Droped in for a few flights this morning at 8.30 to find our good pres giving the field a mow. The runways are in the best condition I have seen in a long time. I will be flying again tomorrow from 8 ish.
Hope to see you there.

Gazz
Guys,

It's going to be really hot over the weekend.

I'm planning for after 7am tomorrow to beat the heat and try again early for Sunday if the leg will take the weight.

Need some real airtime as all planes have been grounded due to pilot injury - up up & away as they say.

See you guys tomorrow.

Ingo
Something to consider Ingo is that there is no rule against having a chair on the flight line Wink
Thanks Kieran,

I might just do that if Ok - see how I go has improved thank god

I will bring down the HK voucher & give it to Steve L.

Ingo
Hi All
Hope everyone is coping ok with this Heatwave were having.
Not sure how Today's Flying went with The Heat, It was a Scorcher.
I will be down Tommorow very early and leaving Early before the heat and before the Sun's Death rays Hits Hard.

Steve Smile
+1 steve aiming early also, im melting, love flying but can't take the heat.
There were only 6 or 7 down at the field today.
It was very very hot but the stiff breeze kept it bearable.
I will also be flying early tomorrow.

Gazz
I shall again be down tomorrow morning, round 7.00am same as today.

Won't be staying too long with heat though.

Knee stood up well against the elements BUT really HOT.

Charging up my 2nd 36ghz transmitter so I can use it - battery flat today.

Trouble with having 3 transmitters forgot to charge one.

Seeyou guys tomorrow!
Hi Pilots

I cant make it down to the field tomorrow until around 10 am.
So if it is a cracker of a day, someone else will have to open up.

Gazz
Hi Guys,

I shall be going down tomorrow & Sunday morning.

Intend being there just after 7.00am have to leave around 9.30am

Hope to see you guys there & the gates will be open if NOT raining & blowing a gale.

All the best,

Ingo

I plan to be there before that and I have a key.
Can't make it tomorrow, hope to be there Sunday weather & wife permitting. Smile
I can only make it Saturday this W/E so here is hoping the weather is OK?

Chris M
So I get up this morning and it is raining Frown. Any local weather observations?

I've got my new motor in the PT20 and was keen to try it out.

I'm going to hold out, hoping it clears. I may not end up going unless it clears before about 10:00am. Willy says that it is only supposed to be 5-10mm but it looks like it will take all day to do it. Frown Frown.
(12-02-2011, 07:59 AM)Drew Wrote: [ -> ]So I get up this morning and it is raining Frown. Any local weather observations?

I've got my new motor in the PT20 and was keen to try it out.

I'm going to hold out, hoping it clears. I may not end up going unless it clears before about 10:00am. Willy says that it is only supposed to be 5-10mm but it looks like it will take all day to do it. Frown Frown.

Hi Drew,
I am heading down to the field now, so if it is worthwhile to fly this morning I will stay there, otherwise I will be back home by 9-00am and will post a thread detailing the local conditions.
That means if there is no posting flying is GO!

Chris M
The ground is a little damp out here, but I can see three or four cars parked up in the usual place right now and there's one plane in the air as I type - looks like it's OK.

UPDATE: 9:06 am
Things have soured in the last few minutes, the wind hs picked up considerably. Some of the cars have left - I'm giving it a miss.
Hi Everyone,
It appears that the chance to fly today has passed, myself and few others left the field at 10-30am with the weather closing in - raining.
Up till then the rain held off but you had to contend with the wind at around +20kms - this just tested your skills at times.
Before I arrived at 8-15am Ingo & John said it had been very still.

I can not make it tomorrow and I'm not sure if the weather will be any better, but if you do get to fly have a good one.

Chris M