Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like only a minimal chance of flying today. My field condition post yesterday reported an already soft runway & was followed by an hour or more of rain that would not heve been able to be absorbed or run off. Looking outside everything is wet from overnight showers & the rain radar has scattered light showers all over.
Flying today would be in soggy conditions & dodging the falling H2O.
I was hoping to maiden my PA Addiction today but will leave it for a more comfortable day.
(05-04-2014, 06:15 AM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like only a minimal chance of flying today. My field condition post yesterday reported an already soft runway & was followed by an hour or more of rain that would not heve been able to be absorbed or run off. Looking outside everything is wet from overnight showers & the rain radar has scattered light showers all over.
Flying today would be in soggy conditions & dodging the falling H2O.
I was hoping to maiden my PA Addiction today but will leave it for a more comfortable day.

Hi Wayne and all the rest !... lol
My apologies for not being around for a while... Have been budy with an ensuite reno.
Been missing all of you and my flying as well... I hope to get up there soon for a fly.. Maybe this weekend, weather permitting :-)
Cheers, Chinny
Hi guys I'm new to flying RC planes I have crashed a few planes and am a slow learner I was wondering if there is a instructor that teach flying RC planes.
Around sydney. Thanks.
Hi Sammy
We have a few instructors at our club. Come along and introduce your self and someone will be able to take your plane up on buddy lead so if (when) things start going wrong they can take over and put thing back on an even keel before gravity wins.

See you there

(10-04-2014, 02:19 AM)Sammy786 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys I'm new to flying RC planes I have crashed a few planes and am a slow learner I was wondering if there is a instructor that teach flying RC planes.
Around sydney. Thanks.
(09-04-2014, 08:47 PM)Build em crash 'em Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wayne and all the rest !... lol
My apologies for not being around for a while... Have been budy with an ensuite reno.
Been missing all of you and my flying as well... I hope to get up there soon for a fly.. Maybe this weekend, weather permitting :-)
Cheers, Chinny
Prodigal sons are always welcomed back. I was missing for a few weeks myself & the weekend weather has not been too kind since I have returned from my NZ cruise. Hope to see you when the McCoy swamp dries up.
Field is saturated for another weekend, and in case you manage to get into the air between the isolated showers predicted, its going to be windy as well !
I fly for pleasure, flying on a saturated field in winds increasing from over 20kph by 9.00am & dodging showers does not fall into my pleasure category. Looks like a sim & build day for me.
I normally post daily on a weekend but I thought yesterday's post would have said it all. I was heading out to Penrith for my birthday dinner about 5.15 and passed throught some heavy rain which I thought would have hit our field. Is showering as I am writing this post, sorry to all who ventured to the field because I did not post.
Will take at least a week of no rain for our field to recover & the forcast of showers for the rest of the week will put paid to that.
As log as it dries up before Easter I will be happy.......4 days of Flying......

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I looked outside this morning about 10am. Cloudy but no rain. Drove over to the field. Light rain and soggy but no water lying on it. Drove out of the rain at the 5 ways. Hasn't rained at all here.
I'm hoping to give it a go this Friday 18th.... See if I can remember how to fly after all these weeks away !... lol
I want to go tomorrow. Let us see....
Looks like a good day for flying, from PeterH's report the strip may be a bit restricted but continuing good weather will maybe allow for extending mowing.
I should be there to open up 8.30ish unless someone beats me to it.
Today was a cracker of a day to brush the cobwebs of the planes. The usable part of the strip was somewhat narrowed and shortened with the surface gradually firming up after a month's worth of regular rain. Willy's 7 day forecast is void of rain and we should see some normality returning soon.
I am flying again tomorrow but for just a couple of hours only. I will be setting up the field about 8.30 again ready for another day in great conditions. See you all there.
Another great day for flying. I am not flying tomorrow so it would be appreciated if somebody else will post on here when the gates will be open for visitors & new members without gate codes.
(19-04-2014, 12:28 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Another great day for flying. I am not flying tomorrow so it would be appreciated if somebody else will post on here when the gates will be open for visitors & new members without gate codes.

I'll be down there about 8.30 to open up.
Thanks Chris, these posts are often unnecessary but are appreciated on occasions. I remember many occasions only too well, sitting in my car at the gate for what seemed an eternity, waiting for somebody to open up because nobody posted an opening time.
A few pics of the sopwith camel flying at prcac today
[attachment=4715]
[attachment=4716]
[attachment=4717]
I will be opening about 8.30 again tomorrow for a few hours flight.
Will be flying out west for the ANZAC warbird flyin tomorrow at PEMAC
(24-04-2014, 02:21 PM)Raptorfly Wrote: [ -> ]Will be flying out west for the ANZAC warbird flyin tomorrow at PEMAC

Will the PRCAC field be open tomorrow for the ANZAC day PH?

-Iain.
"Roger that", George - I'll be on your wing!
(24-04-2014, 08:18 PM)iainwhyte Wrote: [ -> ]Will the PRCAC field be open tomorrow for the ANZAC day PH?

-Iain.

I'll be there around nine, unless the weather looks terrible.
The forecast is for scattered showers, but sounds like coastal.
I will be there 8.30ish unless showers are more imposing upon our field.
Watch this space 7.30 - 8.00am for a further report.
Looks dismal outside, but I am braving the possible showers & heading to the field about 8.30
Am at the field & although strip firm despite earlier showers. is starting to sprinkle, heavier showers on radar heading our way.
Am going to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range this morning. Hope to be at the field 8.30 - 9.00 am to open up. No rain forecast but moderate to strong winds. Forecast 25km wind from 9.00 peaking at 30km at noon.
(26-04-2014, 08:10 AM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Am going to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range this morning. Hope to be at the field 8.30 - 9.00 am to open up. No rain forecast but moderate to strong winds. Forecast 25km wind from 9.00 peaking at 30km at noon.

I had a big Anzac Day yesterday and the feet have blisters seeing how we marched down George St in bucketing rain, so today is a rest day, will be there early tomorrow weather permitting.
Again Willy is painting a dire picture for flying weather this weekend. Not only is there a 90% chance of 5-10 mm of rain tomorrow, but 30km + winds from 10ish am with Sunday holding no lesser of a chance of misery. Will post early tomorrow hoping that Willy is feeling a little kinder.
Hearing the wind here all evening has put me off charging any packs tonight.. We will see...