Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks Steve,

I'll be down there on Sunday morning with my "mobile ceiling fan". No doubt I'll walk in...dry the field a bit, and walk out. Smile
Smile Nice one Andrew - you'll easily be able to spot the areas that are more in need of a blow-dry.
Have a good time mate, catch up soon!
i will likely be joining you Andrew. See you Sunday.

Edit: Going to try PEMAC instead.
Hi Guys, got alot of things to do around the house but hoping to get some fly time in after 11am for an hour an bit so will head down PRCAC for some Walk in hand launching fun.

Steve Smile
Might see you there

Just got back from the field. I noticed a few moter bike tracks but it seems they steered clear of the strip and there was no damage or tracks on there at all. Which was nice to see after being a bit apprehensive noticing tracks going in the gate.

The field is still wet and very soggy with shallow muddy pools in the usual places.

However I took a couple of planes to hand launch and used up seven battery packs with the place entirely to my self! It was wonderfull standing bathed in sunshine if not a little damp underfoot but with bearly a breath of wind Smile

Sorry Jason, Got caught up at Home Mowing after 100 other things.
It would of been very nice flying down earlier Today and Probably still is now Wink

Steve Smile

Hi Guys,

Got all angry Icon_evil when I saw the dirt bike tracks, but as mentioned they steer clear of the important field sections. Below is the weather snap shot.. Field will most likely still be soggy - However a few dry days until Saturday/Sunday might help?

[attachment=1481]
Thanks for the waether update, I'm hoping to be there Saturday.
If The Field is Up To it.

Steve Smile
sat weather report looks too good to be true...
4km/h-10km/h wind speeds... a good old still day.
Just a Quick Post, Weather Forecast looks great for Saturday and i will be Down Tommorow Morning Early.

Steve Smile
Sat morning out for me. Not sure about the arvo but definitely thinking Sunday is the day.
Sorry. Double post (curse IE9 !)

And now for the jokes at my expense... Tounge
Damn!! Looks like a perfect day's flying ahead (have fun everyone) but my Transmitter just died. Popped down to a local place to fly my small 3D plane and towards the end of the flight the DX7 transmitter started beeping (low battery). By the time I landed it was beeping strangely and the display was blinking. Then I get a "backup error" message on the screen. Checked online and found that this means that the DX7 has lost all it's programming and must be sent off to be reprogrammed. Apparently this can happen if the backup lithium battery goes dead (should last 3 - 5 years) - mine is only 2 years old. I think in my case I left it too late to replace my ageing main battery as I am s waiting for a replacement one to come into stock at Hobbyking. Apparently if you unplug your main battery while you still have the radio on, this can also erase your programming - which is probably the same as my main battery suddenly going dead while using it.
So no flying for me for a while. Hopefully it won't take long to get repaired. Does anyone know where I should go? I hope I dont have to send it to America!
John Have you Tried This, It has worked for many people but not all.

From rc universe http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5992443/tm.htm

Quote:After having put "ON" the DX7, the screen saying "backup error".
I know that many and many guys have searched how to repair this error.

I HAVE TRY AND TRY TRY AND TRY !!! AND I HAVE FOUND IT !

1/ All sticks need to be in NEUTRAL position (ALL)
2/ Mix-Rudder D/R on 1
3/ Elevator D/R on 1
4/ Flap Mix on 0
5/ Aux2 on 1
6/ Aileron D/R on 0
7/ Maintain button UP inserted and push power ON button.

VOILA !!

Hi men
I will be flying tomorrow but the guy that bought my car is picking it up at 9 tomorrow morning so I will be down as soon as I can after he takes delivery.
Hope somebody else can open up for you guys in the morning.
Gazz
Thanks for the heads up Gary.
I will open up the gates between 8 & 8-30am.
I assume that the field is dry enough for us to drive on. In any case, please everyone drive close to the tree line so that we keep the grounds in the best condition possible.

Cheers
Chris Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
My partners sons wedding tomorrow, I will be knee deep in the proverbial if I attend the field. Have a good day flying guys, hope to see you Sunday.
Thanks for your advice Steve... but alas my DX7 is still showing "backup error".
Have read many forums and most say it's not user fixable - caused by letting the battery go dead while the power switch is on - causes data corruption or firmware loss.
Has to sent to Horizon Hobbies USA to have the memory reprogrammed.
Not sure how I'm going to cope grounded for a month or 2.
John's situation is a bit alarming. I can't imagine any of my students submitting a design for a system which has such a catastrophic design flaw - can this really be how these things fail?
To require the unit to be shipped to the USA for the firmware to be re-burned is also outrageous in this day and age.

You haven't had much luck lately John, I'm sorry to say - a brown-out last weekend and a transmitter failure this week. Couldn't blame you if you decided to go Hitech or JR mate.
I think you will find there is a place is South Aust. that will do the repairs
How's the feild condition today, looking to have a fly tomorrow.

John you might try lee O'riley in SA I think they have a repair/service department that might be able to sort it.
I think they trade under the name OMP "O'Riley model products" or something like that

best of luck with it !!

http://www.omp.com.au/

here is their web page
John,
Steve Lange has a spare Mode 1 DX6i that he has lent to me but could easily be convincved to use to cover you gap if you don't mind losing 1 channel. I've also god a mode2 DX6i that I haven't got around to converting that you could borrow if you're a bit backwards.

Thanks for the info guys. South Aus is a bit closer and quicker for repairs than the States. Kieran also confirmed that OMP is the place to send it for repairs. I'll make enquiries and send it off ASAP.
Thanks also Drew for the offer of a Loan Radio. I'm busy tomorrow annyway, so I'll see how long I'm likely to be without mine before I worry about alternatives. I should cope for a week or 2. It was good (even without flying) to get to the field this morning for some sun and spectate and catch up.
(25-06-2011, 07:52 PM)popeyepete Wrote: [ -> ]How's the feild condition today, looking to have a fly tomorrow.

Field Condition is Ok, a little damp but Cars can Drive In and its Only going to get better with more sunny weather.

Steve Smile
I will be down Tomorrow, I'm assuming still OK to drive in with this extra rain we had ?

(and yes for the no pun intended assumption, got to be quick)

Steve Smile
Planning on being there too.

Edit: ...and Sunday.
I plan to be there on Sunday as I'm busy Sat. I think some more inverted Heli stuff will be necessary. Smile
Will hopefully be down early tomorrow.

Graham