Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At this stage looks like another build day again tomorrow. Wind is forecast to reach 28kph by 9am peaking at 41kph by 10am. Will review willyweather in the morning & post again
Ok... Re-maidening the core of the fleet on the DX8 is off for another day week
I keep looking at Willyweather and it's regular updates, hoping for a change in forecast. Alas no change. My weather tree is swaying lightly with occasional gusts agitating it's branches but nothing to give any indicator of what may eventuate. Giving our flying start time restrictions, I would spend more time charging batteries & loading the car than I will have in flying time.
So it's a build & phoenix day for me today guys.
Batteries are charged and nowhere to go!
Anyone braving the windy conditions? We've got lunch with friends both days. Maybe I'll come down for a short time tomorrow.
Great looking day except for the wind. Tree indicators here are telling me to fly another day. I'll do some repairs today. Next weekend will be good lets hope.
Yes, the wind at the moment would blow your transmitter out of your hands. Tomorrow looks better though.
Damn straight if would sport... and thats why I'm flying tomorrow, besides that I had a heap of chores I've been promissing the missus I would do for ever... so I'm in the good books now!
See you in the morning.
Will there be any mode one instructors/CAFI at McCoy tomorrow? I won't be at HMAS, I have shelves to build, but a quick morning trip to home field is not out of the question.
Ok, sleeping in is good too.
Hi Guys,

I shall be going to the field tomorrow morning for a couple of hours only.

Grand kids are coming over & it's unfair to leave my wife alone with them.

You are welcome to join me and that depends on the weather, hopefully stays fine!

See you round 9.00am if all is well.

Regards,

Ingo
Would love to join you Ingo but I will be at HMAS for most of the day & I dont know if I am ready to help look after grandkids yet, let alone somebody else's grandkids Tounge Biggrin
I am thinking of heading down for a little bit this morning, Not sure if any will as the bathurst race is on Today.

Steve
The weather guage tree says Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup for flying today and Willy weather has an excellent prediction for the whole weekend's morning flights.
I should be at the field 8 - 8.30 to set up today, but golfing tomorrow.
Happy flying guys
Hopefully it's like this in the morning... My life has sucky timing regarding flying.
Bit windy this morning but if the rain stays away sunday morning should be very nice, the wind forecast looks excellent!!

See you Sunday hopefully, might even drag the pylons out Smile so bring the Rare Bears !!
The wind guage tree is notably still this morning & it looks to remain the same for the rest of the morning. Clouds are high & not threatening anything but keeping the temperature down. Cant pick a better day for getting even the lightest of planes in the air for a great days flying.
I will be opening between 8-8.30 to set up the field. Hope to see a big turnout today because tomorrow is forecast to get quite windy mid morning. I will be challenging the wind with golf balls tomorrow.
Wind forecast is good, greater chance of rain is for this afternoon. I will run the rain gauntlet & head off to the field when a few batteries charged
The Flying Fisho attends to some maintenance on the pilot's box fence, but he'll soon have the sky to himself. Perfect conditions at the moment - where is everyone?

[attachment=4446]
well i got up at 9 , and seen some swaying trees , thats like a red sky in the morning to a fisho . it's now 11 and i think its probably too windy and worsening . on the bright side i have 7 planes in the garage in need of zero repair .

At 8:46 this morning I was up at Newcastle with Dad and a trailer picking up a diesel powered welder/generator to send off to my brother is SA

Sadly by the time we got back it was both hot and windy, It might drop off late this arvo tho' so I could head down for a fly later Smile
Hi guys, Willy Weather is painting a not so pretty picture for today. 20kph+ with rain not so far away on the radar. Am not going to the field today, flying is supposed to be fun and I predict that would not be achievable at the field today.
You've made the right call too!
Rang Secant0give this morning for some assistance in repairing my Edge540 and he said he was going to the field. Met him there and he had a few Rarebear practice flights before the rain set in. We must have had a bit of rain last night & whilst no pooling on the main runway (YET!!!!) the end of the cross-strip near the reeds has a largish pool of water. At least the grass in no longer crisp.
How did you go with the rest of the repair Wayne?

Looks like we had a fair bit of rain last night, that will make the grass grow
Just bought the suggested West System Microfibre blend filler for the strength building exercise. Will make a further start on repairing the Edge 540 today. I dont imagine our field will recover from the drenching for a weekend flight. According to Willy, we will have mostly fine for Wed & Thu, then back to rain for Friday & the rest of the weekend. So even PMAC is likely to be out of the question.
Although Chris M's field report give a little hope for flying tomorrow, I fear tonight may bring more rain and take that hope away.
My son finally had his jaw surgery and I will be taking him home from hospital tomorrow, so I will not be flying tomorrow regardless of weather.
(15-11-2013, 09:26 PM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Although Chris M's field report give a little hope for flying tomorrow, I fear tonight may bring more rain and take that hope away.
My son finally had his jaw surgery and I will be taking him home from hospital tomorrow, so I will not be flying tomorrow regardless of weather.

Hope your Son gets well soon Wayne, yes we did have a deluge of rain last night, i would only assume that its quite soggy down at Mc Coy

Steve
I stopped by for a look at the swamp this morning - it's as expected. Fortunately though, all the action is at Hart Field this weekend anyway!

[attachment=4470]
(19-11-2013, 11:34 AM)smuzz Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped by for a look at the swamp this morning - it's as expected. Fortunately though, all the action is at Hart Field this weekend anyway!

.......................and Marulan Wink

Seriously If the field is wet Please don't drive in, just park out side and walk down. We don't want to damage the park in any way especially with next bush care weekend comming up just a few weeks away on the 14th of next month.
Was considering to have a last fly this morning before Sundays Port Stephens boating holiday, but my normal holiday rot is setting in Icon_evil. Called in for drink at the pub last night & car would not start & is still thereIcon_evilIcon_evil. NRMA membership lapsed some time back & cost me new membership & surcharge for the immediate callout. Prognosis f#$@ed fuel pumpIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evil. Hopefully can get warranty repair done today.
So I wont be opening up this morning.
See you all in a couple of weeks