Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: Archive: Flying this Weekend...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't get there yesterday as Area 51 is back in main stream action. Saturdays are out for me until August.

Couldn't get there today as I was assisting in a trivia night fund raiser for the kid's sporting club until 2am plus had a few "must dos" around the house today. Batteries were definitely charged ready to go... but alas, no.

I hope the flyers had a great day and the god of crashes had a bad day (being no sacrifices!).

Any Flying Today Guys ?

I have to work this morning for an hour and two and may then head over or head out to pitt town kater in the day

Steve
Im heading down to check it out shortly. Dosn't look very promissing thought.Thumbdown
I was heading down to submit my application... but stuff happened and I'm working all week end.

Looking for to giving the little Carbon Cub SS it's maiden.
You'll be happy you missed out, new prices going up shortly Wink
Field condition is not the best due to the rain all week, and I'm not a big fan of walking in, so I will be heading out to PEMAC bright and early tomorrow, so I hope someone else can open up tomorrow for the die hards.
Gazz
(08-06-2012, 04:41 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]Field condition is not the best due to the rain all week, and I'm not a big fan of walking in, so I will be heading out to PEMAC bright and early tomorrow, so I hope someone else can open up tomorrow for the die hards.
Gazz

Hey Gazz, I might join you there if you give me a time to arrive as I don't have the codes to the locks.
I'm hearing that PRCAC was drive able this afternoon, torn between trekking out to PEMAC or coming to PRCAC.
I will be at the front gate at 8.30, hope to see you there.
Which one Wink
Penrith buddy.
So what are our members intentions on Flying this weekend at Mcoy as i will be opening up Early.
Steve
I'll be going to McCoy
I have a very early commitment tomorrow morning so I won't be flying till late morning and I think it will be at PEMAC.
I flew this arvo at McCoy and yes I drove in but it was very slippery so the front wheel drive vans may have difficulty getting out. Also if the numbers going in are too big it may become a bit boggy.
The strip is only usable east of the pilot box as there was still surface water to the west.

Where ever you choose to fly have a great one.

Chris M
Steven & I just left parramatta. The field is too wet to drive on, please stay off it.
At McCoy. Conditions great for hand launchers. Very lonely :-)
Finally a weekend that I can go flying. Anyone flying today? Anywhere?

Mick
[/align]
Hi Mick,
Not sure about who's flying and where, but I'm at home this morning so if you need someone to open up McCoy just let me know. Can't comment on the state of the field though.

Cheers
Chris
(10-06-2012, 09:26 AM)chrism Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mick,
Not sure about who's flying and where, but I'm at home this morning so if you need someone to open up McCoy just let me know. Can't comment on the state of the field though.

Cheers
Chris

Judging from previous comments, it's probbably not a great idea to drive in anyway. I can't imagine that having changed overnight. I may grab a couple of hand launches and walk in maybe. Not sure what this weather wants to do though.
(10-06-2012, 09:31 AM)Kedumba Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2012, 09:26 AM)chrism Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mick,

Cheers
Chris

Judging from previous comments, it's probbably not a great idea to drive in anyway. I can't imagine that having changed overnight. I may grab a couple of hand launches and walk in maybe. Not sure what this weather wants to do though.

I was intending on coming down to check out the water levels later this morning (around 9-30am) so if you are there then I can open up if you want.

I might grab my wing and my First step and wander down for a look see. If nothing else I and put a couple of packs through.
I going to be heading down soon to McCoy just need to put some planes in and breaky,

Big change of weather from Yesterday

Steve
Sadly, I get a long weekend & have had a bug passed onto me that denies me the opportunity to go anywhere that does not have proper toilet facilities. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Needed batteries for the Moneyshot I got from Kieran & had a look at Ult Hobbies. They now stock Turnigy batteries but sadly at more than double the price of a HK order including postage.
Placed a HK order for batteries, an assortment of props, servo's, servo extension leads, prop balancer, etc, etc, etc & bingo over $300 gone Shock
Amazing what we do when bored.
Just Got back,A fews Guys Down At Field, Sadly had to leave other duties await.
Conditions not bad a little breeze.

Steve

Flying this morning was very pleasant until a bit of a shower put a dampener on things
(10-06-2012, 09:51 AM)Flying fisho Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, I get a long weekend & have had a bug passed onto me that denies me the opportunity to go anywhere that does not have proper toilet facilities. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Needed batteries for the Moneyshot I got from Kieran & had a look at Ult Hobbies. They now stock Turnigy batteries but sadly at more than double the price of a HK order including postage.
Placed a HK order for batteries, an assortment of props, servo's, servo extension leads, prop balancer, etc, etc, etc & bingo over $300 gone Shock
Amazing what we do when bored.

yes it takes a lot of pre planning , especially if you have a missus . otherwise if not dealt with accordingly you might find a whole bunch of hair products and shoes , jewelery and vouchers rock up along side your 300 dollars worth of parts at 3 times the price . LOL . . REMEMBER the missus has been trained at saving money on sales , she could easily save a hell of a lot more money than you on any given day . best off making up some story that someone offered 500 bucks for the moneyshot just after you bought it redicoulously cheap .

there's always the old "Well guess what I won in the club raffle this week" Smile

Fortunately my other half is grateful for the generosity I bestow on her & has no problem with me spending money on my newest hobby. Fortunately she also shares interest in my other hobby where the toys are much bigger & more expensive ie. http://www.stacer.com.au/Aluminium-Boat-..._BayMaster and my fishing reel cost more than my dearest plane,
anyone flying tomorrow , sat/ 16/06/2012 ? where abouts is anyone going ?
If the weather is good ... will wait and have a look in the morning.... I will be flying at PEMAC.