Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

(07-06-2017, 05:11 PM)helijeli Wrote:  They finally realized that I'm on annual leave (3rd week out of three).
More often than not it rains when I take a week off. Maybe they only allocate a weeks rain for me and saved it for the end.

I knew it had to be someones fault, so your to blame John Smile

I would suggest the fields underwater Frown

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Can you believe it!!... i took annual leave tomorrow and friday too... was hoping to spend some time at the field...

Would you like me to bring the boat down?

(07-06-2017, 08:14 PM)Darryl Wrote:  Would you like me to bring the boat down?

If there's cocktails on the poop deck... sure! Smile

(07-06-2017, 11:23 PM)robbo Wrote:  
(07-06-2017, 08:14 PM)Darryl Wrote:  Would you like me to bring the boat down?

If there's cocktails on the poop deck... sure! Smile

No but there's poop on the Cocktail deck Smile

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

i will attach the floats to my Timber i am hoping the field to be submerged till saturday

Possible showers over the weekend, field condition would be expected to be 'workable' with the usual puddles ? Not sure yet if I can make it this weekend (due to other commitments) , but will try to get out either Sat or Sunday Morning, weather permitting.

Also, if we have not resolved the lock issue on the 1st gate, it will be a walk in weekend as the 2nd lock on that gate now overrides our member's number lock.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

last time that lock had the same problem...and Todd figure it out by trying the last number in the combo by +- 1 and it worked
i am keen to fly perhaps my last flight in the club ...already got my membership in pemac
i wonder if some how the club can switch insurance with AMAS ...its only 50 bucks for a year
rather than paying 100 to MAAA

The AMAS Vs MAAA has it's own thread discussing pro's and con's.
If you want to accommodate drones as well as fixed wings, then MAAA seems the better option for now. Furthermore I would spend much more than $50 annual in time and car use migrating to Pemac every weekend, but good if it works for you.

To clarify, it is not the number lock that is the problem, council added a small chain to their lock (to not loose/drop their lock) but in doing so they bypassed our lock and so now, even if you open the number lock, you can't open the gate because the chain bypasses it.

Hi Dirk
The shackle is finger loose since Wednesday.

srl

16-6-17
Hi guys. Was down at the field this morning for a quick fly and field is quite soggy besides normal laying water the runway is really wet also somebody at the outer gate has became bogged at some stage and is left a big hole also somebody is traded a similar hole in the car parking area.

Thanks, Srl.

From Bob's update it sounds we may have to call a no drive in for this weekend anyways Frown
May just bring a Bixler and a Quad out to play ...

Cheers.

dirk
its not 50 bucks...its the frustration when just a piss of rain restrict u from flying for a month...
its the small run way where u struggle to make a landing ...its those wires where so many planes have met their fate

its good for u bcoz you have stick to the bixler which can be landed on a rooftop....may be when u buy a 6s jet and cant take off or land then u will feel for a bigger and open runway

Hi Babar,
Yes, our field has our constraints, and it is understandable to look for a field that fits what you intend to fly. Just that was not what you clear from your initial post.
6S Jets may not fit the Prac field, but the despite it's limitations there is still a lot of fun to be had. A glass half empty or half full kinda thing, you decide which side you are on.

Folks I have spoken to PCC about the chain... but they have to call me back... the gate is technically on Blacktown council land... so the guy I spoke to at PCC, is investigating if they put the chain there or Blacktown did it??

Ok folks, chain wont be dealt with till next week, it'll be walk-in this weekend anyway due to water, so not too inconvenient.

(16-06-2017, 05:20 PM)robbo Wrote:  Folks I have spoken to PCC about the chain... but they have to call me back... the gate is technically on Blacktown council land... so the guy I spoke to at PCC, is investigating if they put the chain there or Blacktown did it??

The LGA boundary line up in our neck of the woods seems pretty illogical, perhaps not just impacting us but some nearby factory units aswell. Would have been nice to have this type of issue addressed with the recent amalgamations and boundary changes but life goes on.

[Image: LGAzoom.JPG]

While DP703826 is entirely in the Parramatta LGA but shouldn't be, the LGA boundary line actually cuts straight through DP876406.

[Image: LandLots.jpg]

Perhaps of interest is the fact that the floodplain looks nothing like it did a generation ago. Below is a photo map from 1943 showing the creek prior to the area being developed.

[Image: 1943PhotoMap.jpg]

Years ago I transposed the former boundary of the Governor's Vice-Regal Domain onto a modern map, which provides a record of where the creek ran over 200 years ago. A zoom section of this overlay can be seen below (note - the green area is the domain).

[Image: ViceRegalDomain.jpg]

Wow. Nice pics. Kind of explains why the strip is always under water following heavy rain.

No matter what was done after WW2 to re-route the creek, Mother Nature still decides where she wants to flow! And that appears to be right where the strip is.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

History Lesson!
Around 1989 the whole basin was dug up and replaced with wire bound rock several ft down. It used to be able to absorb water at an astonishing rate and would require about 1 week of decent rain before flooding.

The field holding water like it currently does is a byproduct of works a few years ago downstream of the causeway, before 2011 it could piss down for days and the site would be clear within a few hours! Now there is a concrete weir holding the ground water level just below the surface, in effect our sponge is in a constant state of saturation.

We just need a few choice holes around here to restore PRCAC to its former glory:

Is there a concrete weir in that red square on the picture you posted ?
I wonder why that was put in during 2011 ??

If the shackle was taken off the post and the chain shackled to the bar or the other part of the gate locking system the problem would go away. The chain is only there so the lock doesn't get lost it's just by default that it gets in our way

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Yes, god knows why it went in but it was when they tore up all of the area next to the gate3

So now, who is flying this weekend ? I hope to be out there Saturday morning.

I'll be down by 11am.
ANSW meeting tonight, 37 years since my last one.

Been building a indoor the last few days and learning Fusion360 to make the motor mount today.

srl

I'll be out at 10am Smile

Also need someone to sort me out with the application form etc etc

Looking like good weather for tomorrow so make sure your fees are paid and be down at 11am for our first fun challenge event.
It will involve streamers so bring your flight cams for some great footage.

srl

(30-06-2017, 02:57 PM)srl Wrote:  Looking like good weather for tomorrow so make sure your fees are paid and be down at 11am for our first fun challenge event.
It will involve streamers so bring your flight cams for some great footage.

srl

Games?!?! Hmmm Interesting!?

Just did a engine conversion and will give control line a go tomorrow at 11am.
It weighs in at 700g compared to the Thunder tiger 15GP at 475g which is nice and light.

srl

Good luck with your CL. Hopefully you won't get dizzy lol

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Does anyone have the keys to new pad locks???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Darryl,

I believe this is the council lock, there should be a number combination lock just on the outside of this pod, inside the pod connected to the bar. If you turn the bar over you should find it there.

Thread Closed