Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Maybe the tree stump has moved on.

(20-02-2012, 06:58 AM)Skidz Wrote:  Maybe the tree stump has moved on.

It may well be on it's way to meadowbank by now

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Guys,

Dropped past the field to have a look yesterday afternoon before the committee meeting.

Only walked to the top of ramp - if weather holds, it may dry a bit before the weekend.

Pictures attached.

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Steve m, Junior and myself have mowed the Strip, Heli area, parking Area.

Drive in is Fine.

Ready For Flying This Weekend Smile

I wont be Flying Sat and will Post if im Flying Sunday.

Enjoy All Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I will be flying Sunday this weekend and will have the sample hats for fitting if any club members are interested in purchasing one. The are 100% UV stabalised synthetic and are simmilar in design to an Ackubra they come in 2 sizes Small/ Medium or Large/extra large.The cost with the club logo and other minor accesories yet to be decieded on will be about 35 to 40 dollars each, that will be determined by how many are ordered. They are also available in a number of different colours so if you are interested see you Sunday...... Go the blue sky!!!!!!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thank you SB, SM & Jr for the mowing efforts, much appreciated & allowed a great takeoff & landing surface. Field is still highly damp so dont wander off the main strip or even think about venturing onto the old strip/swamp. I had to remove my shoes & sox to retrieve a plane from it & found myself ankle deep in the mire. Perfect flying conditions today although what breeze there was, couldnt make up its mind from which direction to blow. Thank god for the wind sock, for take off & landing into the wind direction often changed mid flight.

Yes Guys, I too would like to thank you for a wonderful job done with mowing the field.

I placed some cable ties in the safety barrier to make it compliment your efforts.

Like Wayne said what a wonderful day, not many turned up, but those that did a great time flying.

It was my first flight of the year & after such a long abscence felt strange, in fact not having flown for such a long time proved to be good.

The new strip excellent and all take a bow, guys if it was the old one, knee high mud would have certainly been on the menu.

The strip is drying well as is the access, thank god the sun has come out.

Again, thanks & much appreciated, great effort.

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Field Condition after Todays deluge and its still coming Down now, Its noy Pretty at the moment down there, and not looking good for the weekend if it keeps up.

And I heard Something about a Storm brewing this evening ?

Steve 61_61

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Looks like I'll have to pull my finger out with the Pneumatic launcher if we havn't got a strip to take off from, Been doing some work on it this week

Perhaps I'll need some flippers as well.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I think I'll stick floats on the Spitty & convert it the the Schneider Trophy Racer!

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

It would be a very safe bet to say that the field will be completely unserviceable for the weekend ... just for a change.

Steve Murray

(29-02-2012, 08:33 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  It would be a very safe bet to say that the field will be completely unserviceable for the weekend ... just for a change.

Just as a side note
Did you get a chance to have a look at that spread sheet for the launcher?

I've made a new, hopefully better piston for it, the epoxy is hopefully curing as I type and I'm going to implement Waynes idea of having the chute external and see how it goes.

planning to blow the clouds away?

(29-02-2012, 10:17 PM)Skidz Wrote:  planning to blow the clouds away?

Smile

How well does the field drain?
Bit of sun shining over Parramatta at the moment, hoping that there may be some flying for me to come and witness over the weekend.....

Gday Jonathan

On a scale of 1 to 10 ( 1-Crap, 10-Excellent)the field drainage capability is rated at about minus 60.
Forecast for later today is for potential rain of biblical proportions, highly unlikely the field will be even slightly servicable come the weekend.
They don't call the area our field is on a Flood Retention Basin for nothing, keyword is Retention.
Whilst I am here re your other posts, I support the comments the guys have made, Warbirds can be tricky to fly. More importantly I have heard NOTHING good about banana hobbies, common consensus is that they are best avoided.

Cheers
Rob B

Thanks Rob.
Oh well I will stop living in hope. I have heard lots of negative feedback about them as well, and have no intention of dealing with them, hence why I'm looking at possibly importing stuff myself. Can possibly do it through where I work. For now I will be going something easy to fly. Was thinking something like a super cub

Now that's a better choice to start with.
You may also consired the Parkzone T28.
We have had lots of them here and everyone has commented on how good a beginners
plane it is.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Just wait to see if we get any of the Warragamba Dam runoff. Or should it be "damn" runoff.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Did i Hear Correct Tonight on the News That they predicted every day this month Rain ?
What the ? is it the month of April that we get Sunshine to Mc Coy Lake.

Rob hasn't done a weather forcast for a while

Steve

(01-03-2012, 08:47 PM)samste Wrote:  Did i Hear Correct Tonight on the News That they predicted every day this month Rain ?
What the ? is it the month of April that we get Sunshine to Mc Coy Lake.

Rob hasn't done a weather forcast for a while

Well, I did advise diplomacy, but look who paid no heed: http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=67&pid=11489#pid11489 Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I was sure it was the defiant act of mowing a new strip that really pissed the weather gods off
but that certainly wouldn't have helped either Smile

Hi guys,
This is the spec of a cessna that someone had mentioned could be good.
Again any thoughts?
Specifications

1.6m CESSNA 182 r/c model plane(2.4G,Brushless)
6-Channel proportional radio control system
reasonable price and high quality

1.6m CESSNA 182 r/c model plane(2.4G,Brushless)
Wingspan: 1560mm
Length: 1130mm
Flight weight:1400g
Battery: 11.1V 1800mAh 20C Li-Po
Motor: 4010/ 810KV Out runner Brushless motor
ESC: 30A Brushless ESC
2.4G 6-Channel proportional radio control system
Radio control distance:300m / 600m(2.4G)
Material:EPO

Features:
1) Cessna182 is a very famous training plane of USA.
2) It is a high-wing plane, more stable and easy to be under control. EPO is not easy to be broken, so it is the best choice for the beginners.

3) With flap so it will be much easier to land for beginner.

4)The whole plane is high completeness and easy for beginners to assemble.

Im pretty sure this is just wishful thinking, but can anyone give us a condition report on the field.... even if its only dry enough for hand launching ???

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

G'day Gazz
I will be taking my daughter to her ballet lessons just near the field at 0845. Once she has been deposited I'll check the field condition and report.

Cheers
Rob B

I am heading down after 9am. If it's flyable I'll stay with Logo. If it's crappy, I will go back home. I will post as well.

G'day all

Field in ok nick, bit slushy, needs a mow however flyable. Suggest walk in as very wet at the end of the driveway.

Cheers
Rob B

I'm here. I'm flying. Strip needs a mow but if you are hand launching then it is perfect. No wind at all and blue sky. Chairs won't sink and no insects to annoy the pilot. Who's joining me?
Rob was here and will come back later after daughter home from ballet.

John Hale here testing some planes.

It's a nice day folks. If I had thought to bring the mower, I'd be out there cutting as the ground is quite firm.

I had been planning on coming dwn but have had an animal emergency Frown

I joined Dave and Kev this morning, needed to get some circuits in.
The strip is definatley ok and is probably almost firm enough to mow. it is not ready for large aircraft with wheels though.
The bottom of the ramp is still a quagmire as is the grassed area around it, so if you are thinking about flying tomorrow you will need to walk in.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6