Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Seagull Models Super Tucano

Its definately better than the Hacker A50-14 but cant really be compared to the 50-16 because it has a much higher kv. So it's sort of on the middle but not....if you get my drift.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(17-08-2012, 07:09 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Yes George, Lookin good!
But do me a favour and paint that bloody spinner. Mine was red too. Now its black.
Although I am thinking about painting it chrome, to make it look "fully sick" bro.

Yes I was going to ask you if you painted yours. I will paint it Black or Silver after I dremel it some more and balance thing first.
Glad to read that you have it set up better now. I whish I was there to see it. I think its an impressive looking bird.
My Tucano is almost ready for maiden. Not sure if our field is long enough for landing. I'll speak to you on the 26th about any tips on how it flies and lands. Maybe a visitor trip to Penrith might have to be organised.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Happy to help out with a PEMAC visit George.
You will want to fly it in some space first, It is very fast on approach even with full flaps and flying it slower than you think you should be.
I have had 5 flights with mine now and every time I set up for approach it arrives at the runway a lot faster than you think. Its size makes its speed in the air quite deceiving.
So when it finally gets close to the ground you go "shit that too quick" so you go round again and slow it down to a point where it looks like it is about to fall out of the sky.
The terrific thing is that it copes with incredibley slow flight better than you could imagine.
It's difficult to explain until you see it in the air, but f@@k me it's a great airframe.
I'm now at the stage where I am happy to land mine at McCoy field, but it is a very floaty fast flier so nailing the landing on the keys at the beginning of the strip is a must if you want it to stop before you run out of runway.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Have you flown the Super Tucan at McCoy?
I'll bring my plane down to the field on Sunday for display and to check total weight CG, Prop balance and AMP draw.
Will book it for a maiden when you are going to be at Penrith the next time.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

You no the rules George, you cannot bring a plane down the field and not fly it, its in the bylaws you know Wink

Steve Biggrin

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'm happy to talk you through a flight at McCoy George, but in all sincerity I wouldn't fly it there until you have a few flights under your belt and are comforable with the beastie at a place where approach is not an issue.
By the way it does use a lot of runway on take off too.
Your call mate!
And No! I haven't flown mine at McCoy yet, I wanted to get used to its flight characteristics in the wide open spaces before commiting to flying at home.
You might be less pedantic than I am, but I am glad I have a number of flights at PEMAC first because now I know what to expect from the big sucker on the less than perfect approach.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(22-08-2012, 04:38 PM)samste Wrote:  You no the rules George, you cannot bring a plane down the field and not fly it, its in the bylaws you know Wink

Steve Biggrin

I know Steve. Its a sin to bring a plane down and not fly it.
But I have to listen to Gazz and when you see the plane you will know why. Until I trust and know how it behaves taxing, take off, flying and landing, Mccoy is not an option to maiden such a large heavy palne before you know its trialed and tested. I'm sure it will be flying at McCoy shortly after that.Biggrin

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Hey George.
Sorry I had to leave in such a hurry on Sunday, I wanted to help with your trials but got called away.
How did your testing go?

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

No matter how much coaxing from the crowd, we couldn't get him to get some air under those big wings...    

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

(28-08-2012, 06:13 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Hey George.
Sorry I had to leave in such a hurry on Sunday, I wanted to help with your trials but got called away.
How did your testing go?

Hi Gazz
No problem mate, we will have plenty of time to get this one up in the air. The Test went well.. Thumbup
A few taxi runs up and down the stip. I opened her up a little and the nose wheel lifted off so I backed off. With a full crowd edging me on to take her up. I resisted.Cool
I held her down and run it up for around 3 minutes different throttle rates. Motor was not even warm and all seemed to be running perfectly. The only thing is no one had a watt meter with bullet type connectors.. I'm guessing your the only one who might have one.
This weekend is my Birthday on Saturday and Farther's day on Sunday, I will be flying on Saturday, so if you are planning a flight at Penrith let me know.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Will do mate.
You are right, I do have an amp tester with 4 mm bullets and if the weather permits I may be heading out west. I will let you know Friday night.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi George
The weekend weather is looking good but the wind is a bit of a concern
Saturday morning wind 15 to 20 ks south west increasing in the afternoon 30 to 45 ks
Sunday morning 20 to 30 ks easing to light winds late in the morning.
I have some shit on Saturday so Sunday is better from me.
What are your plans?
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(31-08-2012, 06:02 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Hi George
The weekend weather is looking good but the wind is a bit of a concern
Saturday morning wind 15 to 20 ks south west increasing in the afternoon 30 to 45 ks
Sunday morning 20 to 30 ks easing to light winds late in the morning.
I have some shit on Saturday so Sunday is better from me.
What are your plans?
Gazz

Not looking good. Sunday I have a father's day lunch with my dad and its looking too windy any how.Let's leave this maiden for a better weekend. If I get a chance I might fly something tomorrow.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Hi Gaz

What are the chances of maidening my Supertucano at Penrith this weekend?

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

I will be flying Saturday this weekend... the wind is not looking to great at this stage but I have a family function on Sunday, so if you want to come to Penrith Saturday ..... Sweet, happy to take you.
I flew at Vineyard last Sunday.... what a magic day, the field there is spectacular, arrived at 8 am and didn't leave till almost 4pm.
Ther were all sorts of aircraft there. Huge 2.4 meter IC jobs and a really awsome big turbine 4 blade heli that Dave would have melted over. Fantastic days flying .. and the best thing was that I have about 30 flights and didn't break anything......... SAWWEEEET !!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Vinyard is a great field!
I've seen that big red turbine heli. It's a monster !! Tho' it didn't get off the ground the day I was there

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

you left too early. It flew later after the build error was discovered and fixed.

Where is this Vineyard? Is it a club?

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Vineyard is where the old SRCS field used to be - now apparently one of two fields that the Hawkesbury club have access to. It's a spacious field (well, they all are compared to ours aren't they Wink ), the only problem is that you need to wait at the gate for access just on the off-chance someone is arriving/leaving, unless you have a 'phone number to ring someone that you know is already there.

To get to the field you need to leave Old Windsor Road heading south along Bandon road, past the railway station and on until the road literally runs out. Then there's a locked gate which is the access to the field.

Here you go George - you'll get the chance to have a look around in October if you want to ...
http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.ph...neyard-NSW

Steve Murray

(06-09-2012, 06:37 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I will be flying Saturday this weekend... the wind is not looking to great at this stage but I have a family function on Sunday, so if you want to come to Penrith Saturday ..... Sweet, happy to take you.

Hey Gazz
If the wind calms down in the morning... what time do we meet up at Penrith? Do I fly as a visitor? or would you'll take it up for me?

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Forgot all about this different insurance stuff, sorry mate. Until MOP 57 is sorted, you can't fly at Penrith. I don't like to look of the weather at this stage either, "It's blowing a friggen gale" so I will have to wait until the morning and see what is going on. I would be happy to take your Tucano up for you, but that sucks!.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(07-09-2012, 07:00 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Forgot all about this different insurance stuff, sorry mate. Until MOP 57 is sorted, you can't fly at Penrith. I don't like to look of the weather at this stage either, "It's blowing a friggen gale" so I will have to wait until the morning and see what is going on. I would be happy to take your Tucano up for you, but that sucks!.

OK let's leave it for a good day at McCoy you can guide on landing.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Sweet ...... thats a good idea, I couldn't be stuffed driving all the way out there with the weather so unpredictable.... I think I will fly at McCoy!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Finally maidened my Seagull Supertucano from our McCoy field.
Lined her up the runway on the white line and it taxied nice and straight. open the throttle to just over 2/3rds and within 12-15 meters she was up with not much effort. Pushed the throttle out to full and banked left. Gear up and levelled out. Oh... had to do a lot of up trim. Must have been on the nose heavy side. I have to remember to re-check the CG again. A few circuits with a lot of up trim and final nice and level Thumbup, the wind was a little gusty and I wasn't sure if I needed any aileron trimming. A few more lower passes and I was getting more relaxed now and it was very nice to fly.Biggrin The sound of the balanced 17X8 prop was really nice, a couple of rolls, and a few more circuits, then tested the flaps to get ready for landing. With half flaps deployed it pitched its nose up, reduced the speed and it levelled out nice and flew very slow. I did a low level pass with half flaps and to check if the gear is down, I really liked how slow it flew.Thumbup I knew I could landed it with ease on our short runway as long as I touch down at the beginning of it as advised by Gary.
The landing approach was good and it came in very slow with the head wind helping out a little, then becoming a cross wind as I turned slightly to line up the runway and flared tipping the left wing ever so slightly but still had a soft touch down on the left gear first then both main wheels rolled on the grass followed by the nose wheel. It was a very good first landing as It rolled for 3 meters or so then the front wheel poped off Shockand the plane came to grounding stop.Paranoid Oooops the screw for the front wheel arm must have vibrated loose (The only screw I did not Loctite because it was under the wheelTounge). No harm done and nothing is broken. just need a new screw to mount the arm back on (with Loctite). It was a tame flight to check her out and couldn't fly again without the front wheel. A successfull maiden and a very happy owner/pilot.Lol
(Video to come soon as I convert it from 3D to 2D)

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Congratulations George - I'm sorry that I got there too late to see it, as you were just leaving as I arrived. All good, I'm pleased it all went well and look forward to seeing it some time down the line.

Steve Murray

Well done mate, you need to get that C of G sorted though!. Mine flew straight and level with no trim required at all. Glad you had a sucssesful first flight.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

GREAT PICS . thats what i call a real plane . glad the flight went well , sounds really nice , i bet they look good in the air .
next flight you must take it up high and fly inverted , youll soon find out if its nose heavy or not .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

AWSOME George !!

Glad to hear it all went well and that it's so nice to fly !!

I'm sorry I missed it I think I got there just after it landed,
Looking forward to seeing it in the are next time

Well done !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Here is the maiden Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS4DSaspSgk&list=UUQSmlhKNEBqmSr5u1BgZBJw&index=1&feature=plcp

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

simply awesome . love the sound and the way it flies .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .