Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

To Steve 1 & Steve 2,
Thank you for efforts in preparing the field for us to use and enjoy on the weekend.
Sorry I can not make down to assist you as withdaylight savings finishing that has put paid to that.

Cheers
ChrisM

No worries Chris, it's no big deal - I've only managed to get the runway and the taxi-way done (sorry heli-dudes). I'm a bit disappointed because I was hoping it would have been just a bit dryer, but it's getting on towards dusk and I hear a beer calling.

Good enough to go for tomorrow anyway. See you then!

Steve Murray

(27-04-2012, 06:00 PM)smuzz Wrote:  No worries Chris, it's no big deal - I've only managed to get the runway and the taxi-way done (sorry heli-dudes). I'm a bit disappointed because I was hoping it would have been just a bit dryer, but it's getting on towards dusk and I hear a beer calling.

Good enough to go for tomorrow anyway. See you then!

Thankyou so much Steve, i ended up getting called out to work again so i couldn't get Down to Help.

Thanks again for Mowing.

SteveSmile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Not a problem at all Steve - think nothing of it.
The whole thing is not as good as I wanted it to be, but it's certainly good enough to go.
See you tomorrow mate!

Steve Murray

I am on holidays for the next 2 weeks (starting now), I'm not going anywhere I am just having a break because I haven't had one for 3 years, this holiday is all about relaxing and playing with RC aircraft so I will be having my own little working bee or 3 and hope to give the field what for over the next few weeks.
Thanks as always for the effort Steve.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

All good Gazz - see you tomorrow, at the crack of 10:00am!

Steve Murray

AS A MEMBER OF THE CLUB , i dont fly a lot yet , but i really appreciate the fact that members like steve and others maintain the grounds . i'm humbled and appreciate what you do . thanks .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

All good Frank - it just one of the things that makes being in a club, a much better experience than being a lone park-flying risk-taker Smile

Steve Murray

John H, Jason, Barnesy, Mick and myself flew today.
There were a few puddles of standing water on the main strip, one just to the left of the pilot box and a few to the western end.
The rest of the strip is OK all be it a little soggy. Those that chose to land on it today had a little muck thrown up onto the fuse by the landing gear. I don't like mud on my planes so I chose to land in the beautifully manicured longer dry grass between the pits and the runway.
After the good sun today the puddles had dried up considerably when I left at 2pm.
Tomorrow is going to be another nice sunny day, so the strip should recover pretty well and should be fine for the weekend, all be it a little on the damp side under foot.
The decadant pilot Gazz.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks for that Gazz - it's not what we wanted to hear, but we're getting used to it.

Steve Murray

Just to add my two bobs worth, let me say the flying was great at McCoy today and by the time I left at 12pm I had been in the air for more than an hour. I must say although a little damp the grass was cut to perfection and I really would like to offer my thanks and appreciation for all the work that went into getting the grass so great.

Just got back from a look at the strip - it's pretty good!
There's only one pool of water, at the western end which is easily avoided. Certainly good to go for the weekend!

Edit: I spent a while filling the dip in the strip with grass clippings and tamping them down - it hasn't completely cured the problem, but the standing water is now gone and if anyone happens to put a wheel down there, then they'll roll across it without getting bogged and coming to an ungainly stop. Certainly the field is in great shape for use this weekend .... given what we've been used to.

Steve Murray

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO GARY FOR HIS EXCEPTIONAL EFFORT IN MOWING THIS WEEK

Big thanks to Mr Barnes for helping me destroy the jungle between the runway, taxiway, carpark and heli training area today. The Uber mower really earned its keep. Took almost 3 hours to rip down the jungle.
It was very gratifying to reclaim the top end of the field, a very satisfied mowing team.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(07-05-2012, 07:44 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Big thanks to Mr Barnes for helping me destroy the jungle between the runway, taxiway, carpark and heli training area today. The Uber mower really earned its keep. Took almost 3 hours to rip down the jungle.
It was very gratifying to reclaim the top end of the field, a very satisfied mowing team.

Great work guys

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Looking great guys.
Really appreciate all the work you are doing.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I have now got my whipper snipper back and my services are available if needed. Although it might be like cleaning an aircraft carrier with a toothbrush.
Great effort by Gazz & Kev

Looks like spme heavy duty mowing there .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Anyone got a report? Have we short grass on the strip or?...
I've not been able to get to the field for a few days and I'm not sure what planes to take tomorrow.

Steve Murray

Field is spot on Steve. You could mow the strip, but you would be a pedantic prick if you did.
Iv'e flown every day this week and only the smallest wheels about would have any issues, the strip really is in great condition.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Cheers Gazz - that's good enough for me.
See you tomorrow then!

Steve Murray

I'm planning on mowing on Friday afternoon - probably get there at about 2:00pm, mow the strip really low with a catcher on, then fly until dusk. Anyone else interested in either activity is welcome of course.
Although there are several areas of the field which could do with mowing, I'm intending on getting the strip done so that at least we have that ready for the weekend - might get the taxyway done too, kinda depends on things.

Steve Murray

I will take my mower to work with me tomorrow so I can come straight to the field to give you a hand Steve.
I should be there a little after 3.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

All good Gazz - see you there then!

Steve Murray

As per Jason's comments in another thread, the runway is in good condition at the moment.
I've just got back from a close look and the water which was lying on the strip yesterday has gone. It doesn't need a mow either so batteries on charge tonight with a morning fly planned.

Steve Murray

Yes I agree Steve.
It would appear that the drain cleaning done by Chris and the brush cutting is helping with the field drainage. I was quite surprised that the strip had recovered as well as it has from the rain during the week.
The strong wind today would have helped a bunch as well.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Morning flight with Angus + Steve L today.

Field remains perfect. Area outside the southern field boundary continues to be sodden - stepping a mere foot off the field into the recently brush cut areas has you sinking in the mud.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

(30-05-2012, 08:36 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Morning flight with Angus + Steve L today.

Field remains perfect. Area outside the southern field boundary continues ...... cut areas has you sinking in the mud.

Russell and I were down there after lunch, conditions were great, sorry we missed you.

A Visit This morning To Field,

Currently very soggy entire Strip and parking area.
Willow End Of Strip To Pilot Box Area still Under Water in most areas.
Definitely not Mowable conditions.
Flying Conditions for Sat if no Rain till Then ? All depends if it Dries out Enough.
Driving In Conditions Currently i would say No, Sat If no rain till then?

Sorry For the No Good News Report, As they Predict Saturday the only Good Day for the entire Long Weekend.
as predict rain for Sunday and Monday.

Steve Frown

(Don't Shoot the Messenger)

It didn't look too bad this evening, the strip was wet but certainly usable,
and as Steve says most likely a walk in on Saturday.

Hopefully I'll be there for a few flights Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci