Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Sticky: Flying this Week/Weekend 2022...

It's wet.
I had one fly over the field (or water) of my small FRsky g-rx6 receiver with a XM+ attached as a satellite. No problems at all. Then the rain started again.
srl

Field is still closed due to Wednesdays rain.
Some of us had a look today and its not much better than the above pictures and the grass is much longer. No mowing of the strip was done.
Will keep you updated.

srl

Andew sent me some pictures , its now back to walk in. I'll be flying before midday tomorrow . Our AGM is next week on the 16th.

srl

Have you decided on a venue & time for the AGM. I might bring some more donation planes.

With no more rain forecast for Parramatta I'm hoping we can walk in to Mccoy and have some flying before and after the AGM.
The AGM is at 11am. The agenda is -
-Presidents report
-Treasures report
-Election of new committee
-Safety talk by our club flying instructor Jason Vanajek

Many will be glad to see you again Wayne. With the planes and gear you are donating we were thinking of selling some of it to members and then using the money to buy fire extinguishers and first aid kits to be kept in members cars. The PA ultimate you left me has got to be at least $300. I'll bring it along.

srl

The AGM is tomorrow July 16 at 11am. Due to the condition of the lower drive way in it will be walk-in only. Please do not open the gate.

See you then.

srl

Hi guys, Below is a link to some fire extinguishers Bunnings they started $19 and upwards. I think having one of them in your car is a good idea?.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/produ...tinguisher&sort=BoostOrder&page=1

Still walk in this weekend. See you flying tomorrow.

srl

Anyone flying today?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Planning but I just learned that its walk in. Heli's too heavy to carry with the batteries and radio.

Flying now with Peter and Andrew. It's walk in but the field is drying out. srl

(10-09-2022, 12:24 PM)srl Wrote:  Flying now with Peter and Andrew. It's walk in but the field is drying out. srl

Has the field dried up for cars to go in tomorrow? Carl

We had moderate rain yesterday. I expect it to be no better than when we walked in last week. We will be having a committee meeting at 11am.

srl

Andrew has been to the field today and thinks its dry enough to drive in.
See you tomorrow morning.

srl

Car park and strip have been cut and its good for members to open the gate to drive in. Just be careful of holes near the bottom of the ramp.

srl

Mostly sunny and light winds for tomorrow.

srl

Hello guys! I was just wondering if someone will be at he field tomorrow. I would love to have a look and maybe join.
Thank you!

Hello Ignacio, I don't know if anyone had contacted you about flying today, but just letting you know that we had a thunderstorm go throught Blacktown around 9am with the rain falling well into the day, so there wouldn't have been any flying today.
Hopefully, next weekend will fair much better weather.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Thanks for you reply Todd. I will definitely be joining next weekend Biggrin 
Regards.

Hi members and visitors.

The strip has been trimed and good weather is expected for tomorrow. Also council has been and cut some areas of the long grass.
Will see you tomorrow.

srl

Great, around what time do you usually meet?

Most weekends 8am til 2pm If its dry and the wind is not too bad.

srl

I'm on the move, see you there!

Hi Ignacio
Good to meet up with you today. You are keen.
Hopefully we can team you up with a mode 2 member next week. You can look at some guides on setting up a trainer tx and we can fly it that way. Pete has a cable.

srl

Hi Ignacio,

Happy to help out
I probably have a suitable a buddy lead too
What type of radio transmitter are you using?
I should be at the field next weekend if the weather is nice. I will try to be there both days

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(19-11-2022, 04:53 PM)srl Wrote:  Hi Ignacio
Good to meet up with you today. You are keen.
Hopefully we can team you up with a mode 2 member next week. You can look at some guides on setting up a trainer tx and we can fly it that way. Pete has a cable.

srl
Thank you so much for your warm welcome! It felt pretty good to find such friendly and helpful folks. I'm already preparing for next weekend but I need to find a way to balance the propeller. Anyway, happy to meet you all!
(20-11-2022, 09:46 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Hi Ignacio,

Happy to help out
I probably have a suitable a buddy lead too
What type of radio transmitter are you using?
      I should be at the field next weekend if the weather is nice. I will try to be there both days
Hello Jason!
I am using a Taranis x9d+ and I'm using mode 2. I look forward to seeing you there next weekend.

Btw, I found a small battery inside my fixed-wing, it is a 2s nano-tech 850mah that is not mine, I will return it next weekend.
Thanks again for helping me out, I'll try to get my quads ready as well.

Hey guys, this is my second flight with the bix3, thank you all for your feedback, now this puppy is flying much much better

You can check the video here:

Some rain the last two days but it looks OK for tomorrow Saturday. I might bring the EGO mower in case the strip needs a quick trim.

srl

Anyone know what the field’s like at the moment?
Pretty heavy rain a few days ago. Wondering how soggy it is.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Hello! I know this is off topic (not so much because I am going tomorrow if I get to fix my wing), but I know I have a message from Stephen but I might be doing something wrong because I have no idea how to reply to that message. Maybe srl can send me his email on a message so I can message that email back. Thanks!