Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Sticky: Flying this Week/Weekend 2022...

G’day Gents,

Bushcare workday has been rescheduled for the 13th of March, from 09:00-12:00.

I hope we are fortunate enough to be graced with some fine weather.

BBQ TBA.

Regards,

J.

Hi members.Bushcare workday is this Saturday the  13th of March, from 09:00-12:00.
Our covid plan with council prevents us from having a BBQ but this is stil a good time to catchup if you havn't been for a while.
Please have long protective clothing and if possible bring a drill with a large 10mm bit. While the  surrounds of Mccoy park need some care the flying strip is  perfect , so still bring a aircraft and have a fly after 12.

Of couse there will be no flying while bushcare is on.

Thanks
srl Club sec

Bushcare workday this Saturday down at the field gents. 9-12 is the new time.

Gus is bringing his chainsaw and we plan to drop and stack as many coral trees as we can manage.

Look forward to seeing you all

Regards,

J.

Bushcare is off today due to adverse weather. We’ll reschedule

I just started charging lipos ☹️ .  The curse of the bush care day continues...

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

A suggestion about flying tomorrow 25th April,
I suggest that there should be no flying before 1200 in a mark of respect for ANZAC Day commemorations.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Hey Gambino,

This is the plans site I mentioned.

https://aerofred.com/search.php?search_new_images=1

Cheers,

Andrew

Dynam Hawker Tempest AU$261.66 free shipping on Banggood

https://www.banggood.com/Dynam-Hawker-Te...rehouse=AU

Wind for tomorrow Saturday.
Mostly sunny. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending west to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h in the morning.

Looking better for Sunday.

srl

I just registered here and would like to come to the flying site. Is there anybody flying this weekend?

(20-05-2021, 02:30 PM)carlou Wrote:  I just registered here and would like to come to the flying site. Is there anybody flying this weekend?

Hi Carlou,

A bunch of us will certainly be down at the field this Saturday morning, as we’ve got a meeting planned for 11am. There’s a good chance you’ll catch at least some of us down at the field most fine and relatively still Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday mornings. Prolly the best time to show expecting someone there would be around 10:30am I reckon.

Regards, j.

Pylon racing is on this Sunday 23th at Pittown Bottoms RD. This is the first race day since the lock down so a casual practice is planed.
BBQ lunch and EFX racers are welcomed. Bring your MAAA card if you wish to fly.

srl

The weather is looking good for Wednesday.

Sydney area
Partly cloudy. Light winds.

srl

Who is flying this Wednesday?

(21-06-2021, 05:51 PM)carlou Wrote:  Who is flying this Wednesday?
I am going to the field right now

is there any COVID restriction for this weekend?

(25-06-2021, 11:04 AM)Gabino_Huerta Wrote:  is there any COVID restriction for this weekend?

Hi Gabino,

Yes, we’re back to being careful with the current outbreak. All members should be social distancing and generally being careful as we were last year.

Please remember that all of us should be using the signin sheet in order to meet both our regular club requirements and the covid specific compliance requirements with which we must comply.
Happy flying!

So Sydney is in lockdown for the next 2 weeks.
Maybe see you guys sometime after that.
Work on those planes at home in the mean time.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

I just got back from the field at 2pm when it was anounced.
I'm expecting a email soon from ANSW and a post from Jason our president.
No flying and no opening of the gates to Mccoy Field.
We really do "gather" more than excercise.

AGM will be moved to the 17th July at 11am.

srl

Anybody flying tomorrow 20/01/2021?

The plan was to be flying tomorrow Carlou but rain is expected. If it is not raining at 10am I will be there.

srl

(19-10-2021, 12:28 PM)srl Wrote:  The plan was to be flying tomorrow Carlou but rain is expected. If it is not raining at 10am I will be there.

srl

See you if the weather permits.

If you need to use all the strip tomorrow bring a grass rake and big wheels.

It's Friday morning and about to start raining again. Weather looks OK from tomorrow.
I walked in Wednesday and the field is holding up well to the wet weather. Mud at the gate is a problem just after rain.

srl

I went for a walk in this morning. The ground was really wet. If you put off flying you made the right choice.
No rain again so far so should be better for Sunday.

srl

Any idea of how the filed is now?

Weather looks good for tomorrow (Wednesdy) morning.

srl

All mowing has been done at Mccoy field by Pete and council ready for the new year.

srl

(31-12-2021, 01:47 PM)srl Wrote:  All mowing has been done at Mccoy field by Pete and council ready for the new year.

srl

Very nice. Thanks Pete. Who is flying today?

Thanks to Pete for mowing again during the week.
I charged the bateries while the sun was out this morning and now the wind and rain has returned.

srl