Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

I'm Undecided at the moment as it is a good social event and you are right it will be busy on the airstrip and i do want to get some fly time in.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

If the air is flyable in the morrow I will be at Area 51, McCoy is stuffed and I've got enough projects in the hanger at the moment to keep me going for some time....

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately I have other commitments tomorrow so no flying for me, as much as I would love to go to the PEMAC swap meet.
Sunday morning early maybe an option for an hour or so at McCoy but this isn't a definite.

Chris M Frown Frown Frown

My Brother Tony is a member at PEMAC and invited me so I'm heading to Penrith tomorrow. As long as I get some flying in & the swap meet should be interesting.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Its 6.45, the air is still and the sky looks inviting, next to no cloud at all, I will be at Area 51 by 8.30
Only staying till 12 though, anyone staying after that will have to lock up..... V8's are on.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I am at area 51 today

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(03-12-2011, 08:21 AM)samste Wrote:  I am at area 51 today

So is my Stinson... perhaps permanently. Shock

Most remarkable thing is how utterly unremarkable an incident it was.

Was a good distance out, but not silly far (had good sight and orientation), just banking back towards the field (not overly aggressively, and at a good speed) when it just kept on turning and headed down out of sight (while I mashed wildly at the sticks hoping for some evidence of control to return) over the south-eastern scrub.

Don't believe it was pilot error, and I've previously thought the term "glitch" is used a bit too hastily, so on reflection I won't rush to that Smile While doing a control check, I thought I caught an aileron servo making a click and then catch momentarily, but it all seemed to be working properly after a thorough check (and, ironically, still seemed to do so afterwards, albeit wedged 10-12metres up that tree). So, scratching my head a bit... would love to get it back someday and perhaps find out, but (as Gazza pointed out) it couldn't be more perfectly wedged if I'd tried.

Thanks to Gazza (aka. eagle eyes) and Wayne for helping find and try to retrieve it.

(edit: inserted image as attachment instead of temp link)

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Bummer.....doubt that wind will blow that down.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Guys, after 5 months away since the shoulder injury, I can't tell you how good it was to catch up with some of you today!

Flying the plane & heli was great fun, but more importantly, it was terrific to see you guys. One of the top things about this club is the comeradeire (?) (and the fact that no one cares if you can't spell), and the mateship of you all.

Huge thanks to Garry for the Bronze Wings (cheque is in the mail), and to Dave for organising Area 51.

So, provided Mrs BB doesn't need the car, I'm baaaaaack!

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hi Guys,
Even though McCoy has been ripped to shreds by the motorbikes I intend on flying there first thing tomorrow morning.
I went down to the field late this arvo and I believe a small portion of the strip is usable to aircraft that don't require long approaches - foamies & STOL aircraft are the go and albeit a non standard layout. I have mown the portion that I believe we can use so if you are interested I will be there from 8-30am tomorrow.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks for the mowing Chris! Don't think I can make it tomorrow morning, else I would.

I may be in the vicinity of Fagan Park later in the day, so if the weather plays nice I might drop in to HEMFC (http://hemfc.org.au/) for a visit.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

AREA 51 Status?

Is anyone going to Area 51 tomorrow??

Spektrum DX6, DX7
Parkzone -T-28, Typhoon, Corsair, Wildcat, Bf-109G, P-51D Mustang
HK - Mosquito, Tiger Moth
FMS - Trojan, Tempest (micro)

ST - Cessna 182, Cessna 350
Multiplex - Easystar (stock)
Awesome - CA-13 Boomerang, Ju-87B Stuka
J-Power - AMX
E-Scale - WACO, P-47 Thunderbolt
AlfaModel - Ta-182 Huckebein (U/S)
Lanyu - Do335 Arrow
Eflite - Apprentice
'Maintain Thy Airspeed, Lest The Earth Rise Up And Smite Thee!'

Hoping A51 will be open tomorrow, heading out around 9

Yes guys, I am heading over to unlock Area 51 at 8.00 see you there,
only staying till 12 gotta get home for the V8's...
Conditions looks good

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I'm heading down now for a couple of flights

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

I'll have my 'Advance' ready to maiden tomorrow, but I'll need an instructor by my side. Not only is this the largest and heaviest plane I will have flown but I also have not flown for a bloody long time.

Can't wait Smile

Gents,

I will put the club lock on the gate at Area 51 Sunday morning around 8.30am. Not quite sure how many were planning to fly but best to provide access for anyone contemplating flying. Gazz mentioned he'd be working at sparrow's tomorrow morning but might back around 10am.

I won't be flying as I have a project at home that needs to be completed before I can come out to play Smile .

I'll be back again today but have to leave by 10:30.

Weather looks magic. I will be heading down to the field about 8.30.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

been sad , shopping at westfields with girls , hurry up and get christmas out of the way . my flight training is suffering greatly.

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

No posts today about flying this weekend. Given the report on McCoy's condition, I presume area 51 will be the go again. Will anybody be opening the gates Saturday morning?

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!

I will be opening up A51 at 8.00am
See you there.

Gazz

Note: I have to work on Sunday and will not be opening up or flying

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Onya Gomer (Pyle), guess what, I will be there too, to exercise my new wings

Hi Guys,
Have a good day's flying out at area 51, I'm off to PEMAC today.
Hoping to see some combat flying and re-maidening my Texan given the good weather conditions forecast.

Cheers
Chris

It looks fairly still this morning and I've finished a few of the domestic duties
I was thinking going to McCoy field with a hand launch model or two this arvo

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

hey guys sorry to jst but in but i jst registered to the forum and looking for a club, and new to this. wanting to know when u guys will out at the field next. wanting to check it out, i have a few planes but still learning to fly cheers.

Is no one flying today? I thought i might go down to the field with a hand launcher and have a look in about 1/2 an hour

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(21-12-2011, 10:00 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Is no one flying today? I thought i might go down to the field with a hand launcher and have a look in about 1/2 an hour

hey mate would u still be there this arvo around 3:45. i wouldnt mind coming down and having a look.

(21-12-2011, 11:09 AM)Husni Soejono Wrote:  
(21-12-2011, 10:00 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Is no one flying today? I thought i might go down to the field with a hand launcher and have a look in about 1/2 an hour

hey mate would u still be there this arvo around 3:45. i wouldnt mind coming down and having a look.

Sadly I didn't even make it to the field this morning as I just realized I left my TX at work Frown

Husni,
Unfortunately you have picked a bad time to want to
come down. Due to recent bad weather our field is practicaly unusable.
Those members that you see posting on here about going down for a fly
are talking about just calling in whenever they have a moment free and they are
only hand launching their models and hoping to find a dry bit of grass to land on again.

You are most welcome to come down and introduce yourself whenever we get back to regular
flying but what with ground conditions and Christmas/New Year commitments it's not sure
when that will be.

Our field is part of the Parramatta Flood Mitagation area and as such turns into a lake
after heavy downfalls of rain. Couple that with Motor Bike riders who like nothing more
than cutting up the grass with their wheelies our runways are in urgent need of repair.

We have asked the Parramatta Council to provide materials so that the members can
perform a working bee and are awaiting on their reply.

Please keep checking on this forum to find out more details of when this is likely to happen.

Regards
Paul Johnston
President

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre