Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

(23-10-2011, 06:02 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  
(23-10-2011, 01:51 PM)omuzz95 Wrote:  Some photo's from today Smile

John, how does he Stinger fly? I have one coming this week.
Are you flying with 3 or 4 cells?

Sorry Pete, only just read your post. The Stinger is a very nice beginner EDF - it's had some good reviews and is a top looking Jet. I found it a bit of a handful for my first flight of an EDF. It went inverted after handlaunch but I managed to right it and continued flying. I found it a bit fast for me but I'm also still trying to get comfortable with flying my Funjet fast as well. I've only flown the Stinger the one time but I'm keen to go again - just need more practice and confidence. It did fly smoothly and just floated in for landing. I'm flying it Stock with a 2.2 3cell Lipo. Don't think you can go 4S with the stock plane. Good luck with yours.
I didn't think the weather's been that bad this week re: needing to go to area 51. Great location for geared aircraft but cuts down the fleet available for flying there. Will fly tommorrow - just need to decide where...?

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(28-10-2011, 10:24 PM)johnjelovic Wrote:  I didn't think the weather's been that bad this week re: needing to go to area 51. Great location for geared aircraft but cuts down the fleet available for flying there. Will fly tommorrow - just need to decide where...?

Heh John I,m More Than happy to open up Prcac early morning before heading up to AREA 51 if you want me Too But I,m asuming it will be too wet to fly down there with really Today the only day it didn't Rain otherwise i would Fly There myself..

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Best give PRCAC a week to dry out, I'm hoping to hit Area 51 tomorrow

Fair enough, sorry only just read your post Steve. Will head to area 51 as well in that case.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

I,m Curious if anyone is flying Tommorow as the aWeather is so unpredictable it appears it may be a good day Tommorow.
I guess will see in the Morning

Prcac ? Area 51 ?

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

If the wet stuff leaves us alone I will open up Area 51 at 8.30 but will only be there for an hour.
Someone else will have to lock up for me.
I have other commitments tomorrow.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I am more than likely to be there if weather is ok. Batteries all charged (fingers crossed). I won't be there (if I do go) until around 10.30am. I will post tomorrow -- so if I go, Gazz, leave the lock on the gate and I will close up.

Thanks Dave
I will ring you and let you know what is happening, weather permitting.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

RE Field Condition Post http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=65&pid=8947#pid8947
If we didn't have another venue i would probably be down there, but you would have to contend with the obstacles of a puddle mess during the drive down, parking would be ok once in. Then would have to find a suitable patch of grass that wasn't too wet for runway take offs.
Not too mention the Runway needs a mow, making take offs harder again.
Then the hairy bit of getting back up Driveway.
Hand Launch would be ok Though, as per usual.

So Guys it looks like we are at Area 51 again Tommorow as i Think the Field is just still too wet ? and needs some attention.

Steve

P.s Early Bird Gets a Snag Wink

Well, if Area 51 is confirmed, I will open up at 8-8.15am. I will stand by for the group consensus on site preference.

Samste, you cooking a brekky bbq tomorrow for the early birds or have you some other evil trick you're playing?

(04-11-2011, 06:19 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Samste, you cooking a brekky bbq tomorrow for the early birds or have you some other evil trick you're playing?

Was at Coles Today, prices are down, down, down $7 for 22 Beef Sausages and then a loaf of Bread, Tomato sauce and My Trusty portable Bbq , Hopefully weather is Good

Steve Smile

That sounds good to me. I was planning on being there at a Sparrows fart anyway, but the barby bangers make being an early riser a sweet deal. Shame as always about McCoy field but this friggin rain just will not let up!!!
I will be at A51 at 8.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Might be able to fly Sunday if A51 is still avail.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Damn, an intro to morning BBQ brekkies and I will be partaking in another passion, fishing at Lake Glenbawn, near Scone. Have a great weekend flying guys & happy landings.

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

(04-11-2011, 09:51 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Damn, an intro to morning BBQ brekkies and I will be partaking in another passion, fishing at Lake Glenbawn, near Scone. Have a great weekend flying guys & happy landings.

Enjoy your Fishing at lake scone, my uncle had a cabin up there on ther water at a caravan park and use to fish there all the Time.
Goodluck

Steve

Not gonna make it either day this weekend which is a shame as I still haven't unpacked the car from last weekend Biggrin

Oh well, ready to go next weekend!

(04-11-2011, 06:19 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Well, if Area 51 is confirmed, I will open up at 8-8.15am. I will stand by for the group consensus on site preference.

Samste, you cooking a brekky bbq tomorrow for the early birds or have you some other evil trick you're playing?

Hey guys, are we flying area 51.. Do I pack the jets?

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(05-11-2011, 08:49 PM)Raptorfly Wrote:  Hey guys, are we flying area 51.. Do I pack the jets?

George From Talks Today the consensus was that the Prcac Field may be Drier Than Yesterday but still Damp and the Long Grass will be troublesome for ground Take offs on the Runway.

So I Think Area 51 is a go for Tomorrow, but I'm Unsure of the opening Time so i would check this thread first thing in the Morning so then the weather can be calculated in the decision in opening as well for Area 51.

Steve

P.s If it is open Tomorrow i may even pop in again for a quick Fly, early morning that is.

Sorry for the late update guys, I went in to work this afternoon to sort out the mayhem, so now I dont have to go in tomorrow morning.
So to cut through the crap, I will be opening up Area 51 tomorrow morning between 8 and 8.30.
I think McCoy will be unsuitable for pretty much everthing apart from small hand thrown aircraft.
Hope to see you all there
Gazz
PS: Big thanks to Steve for the sausage sizzle this morning.... yum breakfast or champions.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

See you there. I will probably be there around 9.30 - 10.00.

(05-11-2011, 09:59 PM)Skidz Wrote:  See you there. I will probably be there around 9.30 - 10.00.

Hi,

I won't be there tomorrow. Please keep an eye on my plane on tree top. I am hoping the wind gust this afternoon would have blown it off the tree branch.

Thanks,
Colin

no problem Colin.

Hi guys
I am hoping to flying at Wisemans ferry tomorrow but that will depend on the weather tomorrow morning.
If it looks like being a crapy day I will be flying at A51 but if it looks prommissing I will be heading up to Wisemans.
McCoy field is in a sad state and is not really very good for anything at the moment apart from small hand thrown aircraft, so if you want to fly I would suggest A51. (Yes I know. I miss the place too.)
It will have the combi lock on the main gate at A51 by 8am, remember to fly safely and keep all your calls from the pilot box calls loud and clear.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Saturday morning 6.30 a little high cloud but the forcast looks promissing.
I am heading up to Wisemans but will drop by A51 and put on the combi lock.
Have a agreat day flying men.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(12-11-2011, 06:32 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Saturday morning 6.30 a little high cloud but the forcast looks promissing.
Gazz

Thxs gazz for opening up.
I'm here
Conditions are good at area 51
No wind, just cloud cover.
Steve

(12-11-2011, 08:11 AM)samste Wrote:  
(12-11-2011, 06:32 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Saturday morning 6.30 a little high cloud but the forcast looks promissing.
Gazz

Thxs gazz for opening up.
I'm here
Conditions are good at area 51
No wind, just cloud cover.
Steve

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Area 51 ,Still conditions, 6 fliers here
Steve

I will check McCoy field in the morning, if it is OK I will open up.
If its a little average, I will open up A 51.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Gazz, I am planing on dropping by McCoy at 9am on Sunday and can open up, I want to practice some takeoffs. Will be there for at least two hours.

KevB

Can someone post back on this thread tomorrow morning with a phone so I know where we are actually flying? I wont be there until around 10am.
Thread Closed