Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Good news, I just checked, there has been NO rain at the indoor Netball court in Lidcombe so it will be bone dry for Saturday nite indoor flying.

I will have the new MAAA cards with me on Saturday nite for those who want to drop by and have a look at the venue. Starts 7pm, Netball nsw court next to Lidcombe oval.

(12-08-2011, 07:33 PM)chrism Wrote:  ... I am assuming from the field reports that driving the cars in is still an option even thought the strip is a lake in patches.

Cheers
Chris M
Sorry Chris - I forgot to include anything about vehicle access. I think the ramp would be a problem for most cars and vans, perhaps 4WD would be alright.

Steve Murray

I might head down tomorrow with a couple of hand/bungee lanuch models

I've got some build projects to do if it's raining but I don't mind walking in for a fly if the track is too slipery for cars. Providing it doesn't rain that is

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Flying Today was perfect weather conditions, even though main runway was soggy, cross strip was OK wind and sun was beautiful.
Walking in was the thing Today as access way needs some drying.
Thanks Jason for the helium balloons Setup, alot of fun.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Flying conditions were just about perfect today. Managed some 40minutes of air time with the Kinetic although my landings got worse with each try. Managed to stay dry but just about everyone seemed to find that little puddle on the cross strip. I still have quite a few MAAA cards to hand out.

It was a great day !!
I think I found that one puddle in the cross strip 4 times with the Edge 540.
Didn't seem to bother it tho' with the bigger wheels it was not that prone to tripping up
I just finished cleaning all the mud off it, I'm sure it was two ounces lighter when I finished Smile
Now I just have to take off my shoes and put them up to dry

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Is anyone planning on being down at McCoy tomorrow?
Willyweather says bad things, but Weatherzone is more upbeat - I prefer the latter.

Steve Murray

If the weather's OK I'll probably be there for a while in the morning
I'm optimistically charging batteries at the moment Smile

(13-08-2011, 09:27 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Is anyone planning on being down at McCoy tomorrow?
Willyweather says bad things, but Weatherzone is more upbeat - I prefer the latter.

I'd like to get down tomorrow if weather ok too. Gotta work tomorrow night so hopefully I can get a couple of flights in
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

If the weather remains OK I'll be droping by for a fly later this morning. Probably have to walk in. I droped by our field early yesterday morning on the way home from work and the driveway was ratshit, so I went to Penrith.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Hi Guys,

Due to the weather being a real sh*t I shall not be going down to the field tomorrow.

It certainly doesn't look better for Sunday so @ this stage it is a miss as well!

Hoping for better conditions in the near future @#%*+@!*&

Regards,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

I think that's a reasonably good call you've made there Dingy Wink
A couple of days ago, I was planning on walking over to the field today and having a look before getting back here with a report - however, things are so bad that there's no point making the trip at all.
Yet another "Building/repairing Weekend" I guess.

Steve Murray

Well Steve you've got no excuse then I will expect to see a few more servicable aircraft next weekend.
I am supposed to doing my instructors couse this weekend, but under the prevailing conditions I'm pretty sure that it will get cancelled (which I am not happy about), with that said If I am at the couse I obviously wont be flying this weekend.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Yes Gazz - Owen and I will have a couple of new additions to unveil. At the moment though, I'm not even sure that next weekend is going to be good at McCoy - might be another weekend down the bottom of the mountains.

I thought of you and your instructor's course earlier today ... sorry mate, I think you're right as I can't see that happening Frown

Steve Murray

Seeing that most of the course is in the classroom, I think you guys will survive. Their field also drains really well so if the sky is clear, you'll be flying

Thats a nice posative thought Kieran.
I hope you are right!
Will still pack a few just in case the weather gods back off.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Looks like access to our field has been suspended because of work being carried out but the council. The Pres has recommended no one touch the temporary fencing because of possible repercusssions, and that is fair enought but I'm not walkin in ... so if you would like to have a fly with me (Wayne in Particular) I will be flying at Penrith tomorrow from about 9.30 (Along with some of my magic talkin aeroplanes)

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I am desperate to get some air time. I'll drive by and see if anyone is down at the field but possibly continue on and visit Penrith if I'm alone.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

Sounds like a plan, will be there & may even bring an apple for the teacher. I want to see you eat the apple while the planes talk.

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

I'm at the field and it looks real nice with the mowing (thanks steve). The main strip is a bit squishy and so I might coninue the drive to penrith.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

I must of just missed you Drew as i turn up this morning about 830am myself.
Walked down , the Field is very damp as Drew Mentioned.
Managed about an Hour an bit of Flights with about 7 batterys flat, Weather conditions besides the cloud cover and runway dampness are perfect for Flying.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi All,
Went to the field at 9-45am no one there.
As Drew said main strip a little slushy, angled strip is OK.
Cloud cover is grey - I suspect Penrith will be foggy for a while till around 10-30 on past experience. Therefore I am going back to our field at around 11-00am for an hour or two - hopefully the sun will break through.

Chris M

Lol must of just missed you Cris.
Love to Join you again at Field but the rest of my day is tied up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CLUB MEMBERS
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ACCESS WILL BE RESTRICTED TO WALK IN ONLY WHILE WORKS ARE BEING CARRIED OUT AT TOP OF ACCESS ENTRY
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF AREA BEING BARRICADED AND KEEP CLEAR
THANK YOU

Steve Smile

Weather looks good Today, will more than likely head down just before midday for some fun.

Steve

Flew at Penrith for the first time on Saturday, Nice field and plenty of familiar faces Smile
Also had a chat to some of the Penrith guys Nice people!! Sadly I had to rush off with out getting much of a chance to say good buy. What a great spot they have out there!!

Hi Guys Just A quick Update to Vehicular Access

Currently the Vehicular Access is still Closed

We are hoping that we will get Access for the weekend but will not know till late Friday Afternoon.

So Please Check this Thread on Friday Evening to See if the Field Vehicular Access will be open and available for the Weekend

Thanks Steve

The contractors doing the earthworks nearby the field entrance have done us a favour and vehicular access is on for this weekend Smile

The works are still under way, but both Samste-Steve and Darren approached the work-crew during the week about having the driveway available for the weekend and they've delivered. There are still some ropes off to the sides of the driveway and obviously we should take care not to stray from the narrow corridor we've got, as there are pieces of plant and equipment on the site.

So, all good - drive carefully and have fun tomorrow!

Steve Murray

Tally ho chaps. Smashing job eh what.

See you all down There Tommrow for some Fun Flying, Fingers Crossed for excellent Weather Too

Steve Smile

G'day all

If we get the weather I just experienced in adelaide today up here we are in for some mighty fine flying conditions. It was 26 degrees and 100% cavok.
Also a message to andrew r, your colleagues Capt Warren and F/O Parsons delivered a ripper flight from start to finish back to Syd.

Cheers
Rob b
Thread Closed