Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

(17-07-2011, 11:23 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Just arrived need a key
Conditions excellent
Several flyers here

I concur 0 wind a1

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi Guys,
Just got home from engagement preventing form flying this morning.
Intend on going down to field at around 3-30 if anyone is interested.

Chris M

Had A great Fly To about 1pm with many down, doing the Walk in.
Weather was good and Conditions, Had Lunch and thinking about heading back for an hour or so not sure if anyone still down or any thinking of heading Down.

Steve Smile

Edit Chris is heading Down

Quote:Hi Guys,
Just got home from engagement preventing form flying this morning.
Intend on going down to field at around 3-30 if anyone is interested.

Chris M

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Got down the field at 4pm with Kev.
Met up with Chris and KevB and did a few flights before fading light
stopped us.
Guys you did a great job of mowing the strip it looks really good.
Thanks to all of you who did it.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Sorry about the rain... My fault, I bought a plane...

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Hi All,
Is anyone thinking of going to PEMAC tomorrow?
According to the Penrith lakes weather station link on their web site they had no rain today and the forecast for tomorrow is for no rain and light winds under 5kms/hr from the west.
I wouldn't go too early (before 9-30am) as fog maybe an issue.
I am thinking of getting there around 10-30 or 11-00am as the wind is expected to drop to 2kms/hr in the arvo. One problem though, I don't have the code for the gate yet even though I have joined their club.

Cheers
Chris M

(23-07-2011, 08:51 PM)chrism Wrote:  One problem though, I don't have the code for the gate yet even though I have joined their club.

Try an SMS to Gazz. He might have the code. There is also the PEMAC club pres Mark. His mobile number is posted in the PEMAC invitation weekend thread on the private side of the forum.

(24-07-2011, 08:56 AM)Skidz Wrote:  
(23-07-2011, 08:51 PM)chrism Wrote:  One problem though, I don't have the code for the gate yet even though I have joined their club.

Try an SMS to Gazz. He might have the code. There is also the PEMAC club pres Mark. His mobile number is posted in the PEMAC invitation weekend thread on the private side of the forum.

Thanks Dave, contacted Mark and its sorted.

Hi all.

Time again for me to get out the glow engines again.
Pylon racing is at Pittown this Sunday.
MAS members are always welcome to give us a hand.
Any fast electric can now race. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270263&page=26

info at NSWpylon.org

srl

Not sure if I'll make it down this weekend, besides not having a car due to someone ramming me after flying a few weeks back we have had 5 family friends pass away in the last 2-3 weeks. Funerals galore....

Sorry to hear about all your bad misfortunes Kieran.

I shall definitely be down Saturday mornining & Sunday.

If it is fine I shall open up round 8.00am & 9.00 am respectively.

See you guys there that can make it.

Regards,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Hi everybody, I was passing the field this morning so I called in to have a look and see her wet it was, both runways are still quite boggy . A small portion of the main runway was dry, the only area. What was really drier was the pit area.

Kind regards, Bob.

Hi Guys,
I assume our field will still be water logged tomorrow so I have decided to go out to PEMAC for an early fly until 10am at which time I will be lending a helping hand on their strip upgrade.
Gary are you still intending on maidening your Deuces Wild tomorrow, if so where and when - I want to be there if I can.

Cheers
Chris M

I will be arriving at PEMAC at 8.30. Preflight checks at 8.31 and maiden at 8.32.
Just kidding mate... I will definately be there before 8.30
They have a big day planned starting from 9.30, spoke to Mark only 15 minutes ago and he said after all the work is done the field will be fully operational for some afternoon flying.... but with that said, I want to get the Dueces Wild up first thing... provided the hoons have not rendered the strip U/S (unservicable)
Gazz
PS: Are you coming Dave?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(29-07-2011, 09:17 PM)gbanger Wrote:  PS: Are you coming Dave?

Are you flying in the morning? Tight for time this weekend Frown . I'd have close to an hour in the morning (8.30 - 9.30) or the arvo (12.30 - 2.30). I'd need to know I could get out of that secret squirrel gate. I have a suspicion you won't be flying until the afternoon if the strip needs a couple of tonnes of dirt to fill a hole !! If so, I would get there after lunch. I'll sms you to get in.

Gary,
Change of plans for me.
I'm going to try our field (given Steve's report) from 8-30 till around 10-30, then go out to PEMAC field to help on the working bee. Assume I will see you out there.

Chris M Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

No problems men
I am leaving my place at 7.00.
Hoping the strip is servicable, plan of having a loosen up flight with my Katana at 8 sharp fog permitting, followed by at least 1 flight with the DW around 8.30. Will be helping with the working bee and then staying on in the afternoon for hopfully a plethora of PM flights.
If all else fails, I've got the mighty Trojan for a bit of fun.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hoping to get down this weekend for a fly but have a lot of kids catch up games and a skip to fill at home so will see how i go.

Possibly afternoon visits may work.

Steve Smile

Dont forget the AGM at 12 oclock guys, see you at the field.
BBQ supplied
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Please register my apologies for the AGM.
I will not make the field this weekend.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't be there today but will be there tomorrow. Today is the weather man's pick though.

Rescued a blue camping chair left behind at end of play today - please let me know if you belong to it so it can find its way home.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

field open
Few down already
Weather ok
Steve

Whilst waiting for the gate to open this morning, a Toongabbie resident kindly notified me of a wayward plane landing in a neighbours house. He later delivered the plane to the field and was quite happy to receive a simple thank you. It is a "hover one" foamie which I believe was lost by Colin last Sunday. Apart from a bent nose it is in remarkably good condition for an uncontrolled landing. Have taken it home & will deliver to the field next weekend.

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

(07-08-2011, 06:46 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Whilst waiting for the gate to open this morning, a Toongabbie resident kindly notified me of a wayward plane landing in a neighbours house. He later delivered the plane to the field and was quite happy to receive a simple thank you. It is a "hover one" foamie which I believe was lost by Colin last Sunday. Apart from a bent nose it is in remarkably good condition for an uncontrolled landing. Have taken it home & will deliver to the field next weekend.

I'll be he'll be happy about that !!

Good stuff Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Waiting Back to Hear The field Report from our Resident Field updater Steve M (with many Thanks), To See if the Field will be ok for Tommorow's Flying.
If It Is ok i will be down but not till later in the morning 10-11am as i have a busy next couple of weekends.

Steve Smile

(12-08-2011, 05:01 PM)samste Wrote:  Waiting Back to Hear The field Report from our Resident Field updater Steve M (with many Thanks), To See if the Field will be ok for Tommorow's Flying.
If It Is ok i will be down but not till later in the morning 10-11am as i have a busy next couple of weekends.

Steve Smile
Sorry mate - it ain't good news. The main strip is unserviceable - I fell on my ar$e going through the hole in the fence too as there was slippery mud everywhere Smile

Steve Murray

Bumber....................In more ways than one Smile

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Bloody weather...... someone should blow clouds up, this last 3 or 4 months of crap is pissing me off beyond comprehension. Hopfully the spring will bring a pause to this rediculous weather.
Lucky I've got a couple of build projects on to fill in the weekend... AGAIN!
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Guys,
If anyone is thinking of flying at our field tomorrow and wants the gates opened up, let me know so I can arrange a time as I will be heading west at around 9-00 to 9-30am. I am assuming from the field reports that driving the cars in is still an option even thought the strip is a lake in patches.

Cheers
Chris M
Thread Closed