cya round 9

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Hi Guys

Unfortunately both of my mini camera recorders were too flat and did not get enough footage as they turned off about 10 seconds after take off. Frown

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

bummer mate, although if it is up there its probably not going anywhere... :?

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

wonder what Colin is planing on doing?
Guess all you can do is front up on Monday and ask if it's possible to get up on their roof.
Other than that it's a write off.
I must admit it is an easy thing to do, for a few moments today I thought I had
put the ElectraFun up there too. Redfaceops:
I did not see what he actually did. Did he hit the trees first? Or just go straight onto the roof?

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Paul,

I was practicing the approaching and was making a left turn. I miscalcuated the turn. It was too steep and too low. I did not see it hitting the trees. So, I think it was on the roof. I'll call the people to find out how to contact the bulding management. Maybe they can go up to have a look.

good luck Colin,
I hope you can get it back, and it's ok when you do.
That's pretty much what I did this afternoon too, I was just turning onto final
and as I turned into the wind I realised that I was to low and slow.
Controls did not want to respond quick enough and I clipped one of the large trees.
I was lucky though my plane just feel into the trees and I was able to get it back undamaged.
It was close though.... Smile

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Happy Fathers Day to All

I Got A suprise Today

Hope You guys have a good day flying.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

nice work steve, the squadron is growing!

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Just a heads up that the new Sydney Wx radar is online!! This is great for us as its closer to the field and offers higher resolution images and doppler wind data!!
You can find it here:
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR714.loop.shtml

Our field is at the tip of the arrow, if you select decimal mode the field is at 33.77deg S 150.95 deg E:

For the dummies like me how do i read the current wind speed :?
is that the 4:42 utc

04:42UTC is the time the frame was taken. In this case 4:42AM GMT or UK time. When you click on Doppler wind you will see colours which correspond to wind speeds down the bottom

Thanks for that Smile

Love the updated radar. Note that GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) is no longer. Due to the Yanks getting nerky about having to refer to Greenwich they managed to get it changed to UTC or Coordinated Universal Time . This is now the global time reference. Here is what Wiki has to say on the matter.

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), French: Temps Universel Coordonné) is a time standard based on International Atomic Time (TAI) with leap seconds added at irregular intervals to compensate for the Earth's slowing rotation. Leap seconds are used to allow UTC to closely track UT1, which is mean solar time at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich.

The difference between UTC and UT1 is not allowed to exceed 0.9 seconds, so if high precision is not required the general term Universal Time (UT) may be used.

In casual use, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) can be considered equivalent to UTC or UT1 when fractions of a second are not important. Owing to the ambiguity as to whether UTC or UT1 is meant, GMT is generally avoided in technical contexts.

Time zones around the world can be expressed as positive or negative offsets from UTC; UTC replaced GMT as the basis for the main reference time scale or civil time in various regions on January 1, 1972.

Cheers
Rob B

No flying for me again this weekend - gotta drive to Griffith (!) for a kids sporting event.
Have a great weekend gentlemen, and see you on the 18th and 19th.
Steve

Steve Murray

I'll probably pop down to the field Saturday morning with my DX7 Transmitter at least. I brought my Brushless glider down last weekend for it's possible maiden but it was decided that it was too tail heavy and the conditions were a bit windy as well. Looks like it won't be ready this weekend either. Decided to paint it (did primer coat tonight - see photo) so now am committed to finishing this phase. White coat tomorrow night, then masking the next day, then red & blue star burst patterns to spray paint... it just goes on & on! Will I ever get it in the air?! Ah well, buiding the model is half the fun. See you guys down at the field. ...(wasn't sure about painting Solatex, but some research on the net and found that it takes most coatings - am hitting it with enamel spray paint - so far so good).

Attached Files
.jpg P1040933.jpg Size: 40.74 KB  Downloads: 173

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Looks good mate and don't worry we'll get you flying eventually!

May be finishing work early today if no work emergencys, so if any one is up for a fly this afternoon
Steve

yarrumevets Wrote:No flying for me again this weekend - gotta drive to Griffith (!) for a kids sporting event.
Have a great weekend gentlemen, and see you on the 18th and 19th.
Steve

There are plenty of big open fields with no power lines on the way to Griffith, don't you see those adverts telling you to stop driving and relax every two hours.

Hi Kieran

When do we get a chance to see those photos you took last weekend, keen to show the Funjet in action. Smile

Great Day Flying until my motor popped on the Decathlon, Along the way I seem to have forgot that the motor was only rated at 45amps for 30secs and I was propping for 55! Redfaceops:

But!

Look What I Found!!!

Which is right here:

Good find Kieran,
Now we just need to work out how to get up there and get
Colin his plane back.
Not my best of days today, The Cessna took a really hard hit and the electafun's wing
was destroyed beyond repair and fuselage is pretty bent.
I have an excuse though, I'd been feeling a bit off all morning and by the time I got home
I could hardly walk. Pat checked my blood pressure and it was very low and my sugar levels were also a bit out.
Looks like skipping breakfast wasn't such a smart thing to do especially when you're diabetic.
Anyway after an hour or so of rest and medication started to feel a bit normal again.
Had a quick look at the Cessna's damage and decided the best solution was to replace the fuselage.
Quick trip down to Ultimate Hobbies at Nth Parramatta and I now have a brand spanking new fuselage
ready for some assembly and paint. May retire the EF for awhile as I'm now having a lot of fun with the Cessna.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Yeah, I think we will have to make breakfast runs mandatory, I was feeling crud this arvo until I got some Macca's Coke into me Wink

Good to hear about your Cessna Paul, You were flying it great up until the incident Smile

Alas, work has kept me away from the field for the third weekend in a row Frown Frown Frown . Did i miss anything exciting?

With luck I'll be able to get there next weekend.
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Hmmmmm :ugeek:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sNgOGh-oKI[/youtube]

You are scaring me. :ugeek: Icon_twisted

I had a little spare time this afternoon and did a watt meter on funjet as is 423 watts, stryker motor.
Then did a test with scorpion motor at full throttle 798 watts, adjusted throttle curve max to reduce max throttle on rate 2 switch to 580 watts which i think may be a safe level for ESC and motor, with the option of short bursts at full with a flick of the switch. Icon_twisted

Mate wait until you see Kieran's Decathlon. Overpowered, overpropped. Super awesome.
Has got through it's smoke machine /destroy motor phase and flew very well on Sunday in Kierans capable hands.

Cheers
Rob B

robair Wrote:Mate wait until you see Kieran's Decathlon. Overpowered, overpropped. Super awesome.
Has got through it's smoke machine /destroy motor phase and flew very well on Sunday in Kierans capable hands.

Cheers
Rob B

im looking forward to seeing the new motorored version of the decathalon..

ive also rebuilt my trojan (its actually more like re-merged my trojan and darrens old trojan) and ive fitted a 35-42 1250 kv running a 10x5(perhaps going up to an 11 x 7 depending on the amps its pulling) initial feeling is that it has mega power compared to stock t28 so waiting for my watts up meter this week to get a number on it , it also will have a flap mod fitted to her for the re-maiden once i find a way to reverse one of the flap servos ive fitted to the wing as they are moving in different directions and i dare say thats not how i want my flaps deploying .. Biggrin

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hi All
Hopefully wind will settle down for Tomorrow Fingers Crossed.
Also Hoping to see Colin down at field as i have his plane to return to him and was unable to contact him this week.
If anyone has his contact details could you PM me or let him Know.
Steve

I have everyone's goodies from the last group order.
Picked them up from Kieran's place today and will take down to the field
tomorrow morning.
I won't be at the field on Sunday so any goodies left over I'll pass over
to Ingo to bring down then.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Thank's Paul

How did the mount go, is it ready for a successful flight tommorow.

Ingo said he will be down from 8-30am

Steve

Thread Closed