Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Good evening all, Just like to say a big thank you to everyone down at the field both today and yesterday with their camaraderie, Elton for the help with a retrieval and Jason with support and supervision with flying my Apprentice....
Always a pleasure to fly with a great club :-)

PS, My son had a great time too

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Afternoon all, anyone flying this weekend coming?
Also with Anzac Day Monday, will there be a crew that day also?

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

The weather for Saturday and Sunday is not good (Willy Weather), wind (70% chance) & rain.

Monday is looking better, however, as RC is classed as a sport and according to Govt. guidelines, no sport is allowed to be played on Anzac Day before 1pm.

In saying this, I know that in previous years, flying has been done. Not trying to be a spoil sport, but for some it's a day of reflection not recreation. I for one will not be flying on Monday.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

This had been verbally discussed before many times from memory,

Previous years there has been flying but a lot of people came later after the
Dawn services etc
And we have done a small breakast bbq snags etc
Not sure the last couple of years as Ive not been down.

As for the rules dont hold me to it but i thought Rc as a sport would be if its
for competition purposes eg marulan racing etc
and if you had to pay for admission or donation to watch it.

I think it was discussed Rc Flying Down at Mcoy is classed as a recreational
Hobby and we are a non profit organisation that does not ask for donation,
money or admission to watch.

Though i think horse racing/trots/dogs are allowed ? not sure though.

That's My TWO-UP

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(21-04-2016, 10:33 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  The weather for Saturday and Sunday is not good (Willy Weather), wind (70% chance) & rain.

Monday is looking better, however, as RC is classed as a sport and according to Govt. guidelines, no sport is allowed to be played on Anzac Day before 1pm.

In saying this, I know that in previous years, flying has been done. Not trying to be a spoil sport, but for some it's a day of reflection not recreation. I for one will not be flying on Monday.

Fair enough Chris,
If the weather holds out, I'll pop into the forum to see if Sunday is ok.

Did Anyone get some flying in Today before the rain set in ?
61_61

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Is anyone flying today? I know it's been raining on and off during the night..

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Today flying commenced around 0900. Windy conditions followed by 1 Newby with kids down for inquiries. Good morning had by all!!

Looks like a great Morning for flying. See you all there Biggrin

I'll be down... International Drone Day today!... bring your drone and we will take some pics for the FB site!

Hi Guys,

Just thought I should post an update on the foamy which was so skillfully landed on the power transmission wires on Saturday.

I had hoped to return the following morning to attempt a rescue however I wasn't able to fashion a suitable retrieval system that night and with Mother's Day lunch being hosted at my place I didn't have sufficient time to get out there.

Today we had some pretty decent wind which I assumed might have been enough to bring the foamy down so I headed out there to check if it was still on the wire. Sure enough it had come down so I started to scout around to see what I could find. As I approached the base of the tower I came across a local couple walking their two dogs, one of which promptly bailed me up. The male owner headed in my direction to retrieve his dog and so I said "G'day mate, you haven't seen a small white plane lying around anywhere have you?". Much to my surprise the bloke said "Actually, yes, I have".

He (Steve) was aware of where it would have come from and advised me that he had already jumped up on our website and forwarded an email about his find. He also advised that the plane had suffered only minor damage and that he plans to return it by bringing it down to the club next Saturday.

Nice guy - this was the Stuka right?

<hr>
71_71 So my question is... Where the hell does all the money go??? 71_71

Yes mate

I just emailed the guy thanking him for his help and also called Russell to let him know.

If Steve brings it down on Saturday and Wayne's not there could anyone please put it in the flight box, much appreciated.

Also thanks Jason for going down to check on it.

"Wayne" Thought it was me - Russell.

(09-05-2016, 08:16 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Yes mate

I just emailed the guy thanking him for his help and also called Russell to let him know.

If Steve brings it down on Saturday and Wayne's not there could anyone please put it in the flight box, much appreciated.

Also thanks Jason for going down to check on it.

Oops got my little fat guys mixed up Smile

That's great news it's back on the ground, Russell will be pleased.
Was a great feat getting it like that up there.

Looking to get and early morning fly and quad fpv in Tomorrow.

Was wondering does anyone have a spare clover antenna they could bring down tomorrow only if there flying. So i could try the fpv using clover instead of stick
to see the difference, i do have clovers on order but havent come yet.

I assuming clover is better for signal than stick ?

Steve Smile

You really need one for transmitter AND receiver. Do you need one or two?

(21-05-2016, 05:22 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  You really need one for transmitter AND receiver. Do you need one or two?

The freex quad has clover for tx and rx but my Quanum goggles only has stick
done a few little runs with it and lovin it but notice the tx screen is great but googles is great and then crackly but move the head around a bit then clear thought clover rx ant would fix this.

The Racing Quad is in transit BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin that i cannot wait to get in the air., the speed Biggrin

Stick (aka rubber ducky) antennae should be thrown in the bin and NEVER used for FPV.

You want a skew planar (4 leaf) for the goggles/VRX and either skew planar or clover leaf (3 leaf) for the VTx.

Don't try and fly any sort of distance with a stick antenna.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

2nd that, My Eachine goggles came with a stick, upgrade to clover type antenna made a massive difference.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

The rain looks like its set in for today Frown

I went down to the field this morning with a plane and 2 Helis.
Met a newbie (Alan) who arrived at the same time and looking for info.
The conditions were actually quite good for the few hours I was there - partly sunny and light wind.
Several pools of water - main runway, driveway in and quite slippery driving in. Didn't do any damage driving in, just brown tyre tracks but I was only vehicle today. Multiple vehicles might be a different story until the ground dries out a bit more.
For anyone considering tomorrow, Slightly more wind, probably no more rain, just muddy and slippery.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Just had a call from Russell Harvey, who was working near the field, and reported that it was covered in water. As we are due for more rain for the rest of the week I would suggest that flying this weekend is not an option.

Any member contemplating flying are requested NOT to drive in.

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

A good weekend for the water craft lol

Looks like a great weekend for flying. Wind about 22kph at 10am Saturday, dropping away after that. Sunday looks even better.

Just been down to the field and turned the "No Vehicles past this point" sign around.

The field looks good but is definitely soggy, thanks to the Mowing Team.

It was disappointing to find out today that after my efforts of going to the field early yesterday to turn the sign around, and making a large cardboard sign saying " WALK IN ONLY" that it was ignored by a few members.
After driving in, they were told by a member, who had walked in, that no cars were allowed, they chose to ignore both him and the sign. Their reason was, "we didn't see the sign". Guys, there was 2 signs up !!!!!! If you are told about the sign you should have turned around and parked outside, as requested.
Everyone knows that after heavy rains the field will have water problems and should be more observant of posted signs.
I am recommending to the Committee alternatives so that this does not happen again.

Rant over !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Chris I read your previous post as meaning cars are allowed before I left home.
Srl
Thread Closed