Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Thank you John B & Peter Mc for turning up, signing & keeping me company for a while. Too windy to fly & I presume nobody else turning up, so am leaving. See you guys next week.

i came out obviously too late at 1pm was hoping someone would be crazy enough to fly with. Maybe next weekend?

Foam fanatic!

The wind forecast has turned a bit sour for tomorrow but should be reasonable until late morning but by 10am is creeping up to 20kph. I will be opening about 8.30 and suggest hopeful fliers get there shortly after. Again I will have the membership renewal sheet for signatures and trust all fliers will have paid up by now.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow, the August winds may have come a bit early this year (again) but the morning is looking quite flyable.
We do have a bushcare day planned & by having as many hands on deck as possible, we can again make a good impact on improving our field and gain a good standing with PCC.
There is also the added enticement of Craig's famous tucker on the day.
I am aiming to be at the field 8.00ish and again I will have the renewal sheet for signing.

'twas a good day today, although the wind was strong, there was good flying to be had.

It's just a shame that July has become a windy month ! Hopefully things calm down a little soon.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Thanks to all those who turned up today for the bushcare, many trees were planted which will provide shade where needed in the future.
I should be at the field 8.30ish tomorrow to prepare the field for what looks to be good flying weather, clear skies & a gentle breeze. See you all there.

I should be there a bit later in the day

Enjoy the still morning air Guys Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi guys, sorry I haven’t been around very sick in hospital, Craig, hope you do not mind holding on to my machine for a little longer as-barred from leaving the house by my GP.

Kind regards, Bob.

I'm sorry to hear that your not well Bob. I really hope that your feeling better soon. Take care stay warm and we'll see you soon.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(18-07-2014, 11:22 AM)BOB Wrote:  Hi guys, sorry I haven’t been around very sick in hospital, Craig, hope you do not mind holding on to my machine for a little longer as-barred from leaving the house by my GP.

Kind regards, Bob.

Hi Bob sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you get well very soon. Much better that you stay indoors with this kind of Arctic weather. Hope you are able to resume flying soon.

Regards

Victor

Smile

It's going to be windy tomorrow Bob... So you're not missing out on much. Stay safe and get well soon.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

I waited until this morning in the hope that willy would change his mind & be a bit kinder. Alas not true & we are in for some unfriendly winds by mid to late morning. My wind gauge tree is already waving its warning. I hope to be at the field by 8.30 to set up for those who want to brave the winds. I also have committee nomination forms & the membership renewal sheet.

It was damned windy out there this morning. I left early and noticed that the wind had dropped off just after leaving, but it now appears to have picked up again. Gusts up to about 50km/h in my area.

It's particularly bad at the factory end due to the fact that it's a crosswind, so be careful up at that end when you're on approach.

I will be opening up about 8.30 again in the morning. Don't forget that nomination forms are due for this year's committee by tomorrow.

Weather forecast has morning showers, but little wind. Will review weather in the morning & make a decision to open or not. Watch this space for an early morning post.

Looking pretty damp at the top of the hill at 5AM, and it's been constant rain since 4.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

I was considering buying a large water container to water our newly planted trees. I think I can delay that, I envisage they will be saturated lakeside trees at the moment.
I think our field will be a washout all day today and I will not be opening up this morning.
If the rain stops as predicted, I will take a wander to the field & report on prospects of flying tomorrow.

Was keen to have a Fly later Today(or try to remember how to fly), Oh well Off to work Instead.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Samste, when you try to remember how to fly again, please try to remember stick down to climb Biggrin

I think were gunna need a bigger float!!!!!!!!!

Popped into the field this arvo......here's the result.

[attachment=4807][attachment=4808]
[attachment=4809][attachment=4810]

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

You should have been there a bit earlier, the Loch Kev monster was wading Shock

The field has been freshly mowed on Thursday and has dried out considerably. With all of the runway quite firm and no rain forecasted it is ready for the weekends flying. Tomorrow has the strongest wind forecast creeping up to 20kph by 10am.
Unfortunately I am helping a work colleague move house tomorrow so I will not be doing opening honours. If anybody is planning on opening early, please post your intentions on here of for the benefit of visitors.
Remember the gate code has been changed & members are reminded to check their e-mails for the new code.

I will be there by 9 tomorrow to open if no else gets there first

I trust all fliers had a good day today in what was described as moderate winds. Judging by my aching legs, arms back & stomach muscles, I would have been better off at the field. I am getting too old for this help friends move house s**t.
I am looking for a more relaxed day tomorrow, winds are forecast at less than 10kph all day, although morning temperature will only be about 4deg C. So get the winter woollies out and enjoy the fine weather while we can.
I will do my normal 8.30 open & field set-up tomorrow & look forward to seeing you all there.

Have a good one guys
I'll be flying out at Pitt Town Tomorrow
Had a great day's pylon practice today !!

Hi guys. Not sure if all you are aware that there is a plastic container located in the Pilot box. with safety goggles safety glovesand a small folding saul. For use when you crash, your aircraft into the trees.

Kind regards, Bob.

Calm winds & clear skies are ready to greet us for flying tomorrow. I am golfing on Sunday and I am heading off to the driving range first thing tomorrow but should be opening 8.30 - 9.00. See you all there

Delayed leaving for driving range because of fog (fog interferes with signal & ball might not receive directional input). May be a bit later than 9 at field

I'll be opening up around 8:45am or so.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

I'll be there at about 9:30
Thread Closed