Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

FYI

Gusty at times but many down flying.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(17-08-2013, 12:13 PM)samste Wrote:  FYI

Gusty at times but many down flying.

Steve

Will be down even if only to set up the Bixler and Tx to mode 1,

Tomorrows wind forecast is gusting up to 15kph, not as good as last Sunday but worth shaking the cobwebs off planes. Will be there 8.00 - 8.30 as usual to set up the field.

(17-08-2013, 07:36 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Tomorrows wind forecast is gusting up to 15kph, not as good as last Sunday but worth shaking the cobwebs off planes. Will be there 8.00 - 8.30 as usual to set up the field.

Wayne,

Will be there after 09:00

Get in early for your flights today guys, wind forcast has increased speed. Not as bad as yesterday, but will test the lighter planes & the faint hearted.

Hi All,

Sorry Guys, But i wont be Down This Weekend or Next weekend Flying as i Have Other Committments, And unfortunately they must come first.

There are many Cafi' and Instructors more than willing to help if you need it, Buddy Etc, See Link
http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=789

There Normally One Committee Member down either Day if any help is Needed, otherwise Post Online for any Assistance or Call anyTime.

Enjoy Flying Biggrin

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

The wind this month has blown & blown,
When the wind will stop, this is not known.
Forecast for tomorrow is the high side of light,
so charge up your batteries, get ready for flight.
8 -8.30 I will open the gates, so you all can come in,
I will set up the strip & greet you all with a grin.
Thanks to ChrisM, the strip will be in good nick,
and weeks of no rain has given mud the flick.
Come one & come all for a great day of fun,
get your planes in the air & soak up some sun.

To the fisho dude from Wenty,
with lipos in excess of twenty,
wind was too strong, thumbs went all wrong,
resulting in crashes a-plenty

(pretty sad, heh)

The wind tests our flying at best,
At times it is really a pest,
Trees make the wind swirl around,
and planes head towards the ground.
Thumbs twitch to keep the plane level,
but the wind is the curse of the devil.

No model flying for me tomorrow I am off to Albion Park, hoping to get down to McCoy on Sunday for a flight or two.

I'm off for a couple of weeks with stock take,+ the weathers good,blast it! Nice to see some poetry pilots out there! Have fun everyone

Many voices said as one
"Get a T28, you can't go wrong"
So I set the throws with the included batt,
and off to Vineyard with plane, tranny and hat
to only look like a complete mug
when my good packs have Deans and on the plane an EC3 plug.

And on that note, I'm off to Hobart to build a MPX Funcub. No promise of flying it, as the winds have been as bad down there.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

First time Plyon Racing on Sunday, such an exhilerating race, but you get dizzy easy...

Well this happened when i was trying to keep level and low... At full peg!

No Regrets, now need another one!

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Another Pylon racing Victim.Shock... its addictive though..Leet

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(26-08-2013, 02:15 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  First time Plyon Racing on Sunday, such an exhilerating race, but you get dizzy easy...

Well this happened when i was trying to keep level and low... At full peg!

No Regrets, now need another one!

buy 2 . one as a spare .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

You did well Pete !!
Once you got into the groove, there were a few Laps that looked real nice !!

Wingtipper better pull his finger out or you'll be giving him some curry Wink

Shame about the plane tho, I lost my first Q500 to a mid air on the first turn of the very first race in which it flew last year at Marulin I. Luckily I had a spare and it was set up ready to go !!
I managed to finish the day with out brusing that one as well. I had another plane and my spare ready for Marulan II, because you allways need a plan B.

I have 2 Plane rarebears new in boxes at home if you want one to fly at Richmond. You can have one for the AU warehouse price if you want. But the deal is you have to come allong to Richmond on the 22nd of next month and fly it. (they are on Back order ATM)

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Looks like another great day for flying tyomorrow. I will be opening at my usual time 8 - 8.30 tomorrow to set up the field unless some eager beaver beats me to it.
Decided tonight not to post my report in verse,
So could have been better, could have been worse. Biggrin

I'll also be there, at a similar time,
Wayne you said that you wouldn't,
but still you did rhyme!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(26-08-2013, 03:48 PM)secant0give Wrote:  You did well Pete !!
Once you got into the groove, there were a few Laps that looked real nice !!

Wingtipper better pull his finger out or you'll be giving him some curry Wink

Shame about the plane tho, I lost my first Q500 to a mid air on the first turn of the very first race in which it flew last year at Marulin I. Luckily I had a spare and it was set up ready to go !!
I managed to finish the day with out brusing that one as well. I had another plane and my spare ready for Marulan II, because you allways need a plan B.

I have 2 Plane rarebears new in boxes at home if you want one to fly at Richmond. You can have one for the AU warehouse price if you want. But the deal is you have to come allong to Richmond on the 22nd of next month and fly it. (they are on Back order ATM)

Thanks Jason for the offer, but i'll pick one up in my next order. I'll also schedule to come to Richmond.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Heading down after batteries are charged for what looks to be a good mornings flying - but don't delay, the forecast is for wind to greatly pick up about 1pm.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

i was heading down tomorrow ( SUNDAY) and looking forward to it . but called into to radical crane repair unfortunately . looks like some lonely through the week flights once again .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Weather forecast for tomorrow is not looking crash hot. 95% morning rain easing to showers in the afternoon.
Will check the weather guage tree from my front window in the morning. It is very acurate as opposed to forecasters. Depending on how much the branches are moving, determines the wind strength. If the leaves are dripping water, its raining, if leaves are dry - it's not.
Will post again early morning

Just got home from the MAS NSW meeting and it rained most of the way home (Parramatta to Kellyville). Not looking to good for the morning.
But we will keep our finger crossed.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I have been recovering from a bug for a week only returning to work on Thursday. Althought the weather tree is not moving or dripping water and the radar is clear, the clouds look ominous. I am not sure how much rain Gazz experienced on his way home last night to predict field condition.
I may act on the side of caution & give today a miss and have another build day.

Yeh I agree Wayne, the forecast for tomorrow looks better, so I will fly tomorrow as well.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Looks like Willyweather got it totally wrong today. Called in at the field early afternoon & found the diehard fliers tearing up the skies. As Gazz said tomorrow looks even better & I will be there to maiden my SRL Extra 330 and see if I can also get my Extra 300EP to perform better. I will be opening 8.00 - 8.30 as usual. Hope to see you all there.

Gaz, I think I picked up on your deliberate? Pun.."finger crossed" ..singular. LOL

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Nice pick up Andrew.... good to see some one is paying attention!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Will be done Today around 10am Smile

Forecast is for Light winds and sunny weather. Looks like a top day for flying coming up. Will be there around 8:45.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e
Thread Closed