Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Things look pretty good for the coming weekend. Gary and I got the mowing out of the way this afternoon (he did most of it - and he was buggered afterwards too, the old codger).

Should be a great couple of days ...

Steve Murray

The field is looking good !!
You should see a few less reeds at the end of the strip as well Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Jason - much appreciated, particularly since you won't be here to enjoy the results this weekend! Good luck in Maitland!

Steve Murray

Thanks guys, looks like I wsill be reaping the rewards of your efforts again.

I will be down nice and early this morning, should be there about 8

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Sorry for the late notice, but is better than no notice at all. I will be opening the gates & setting up the field for flying between 8.00 & 8.30 tomorrow.

Hope everyone who went down had great flying - looks like the weather was good. Spent Sat packing for our 10 days on the Gold Coast. Hopefully will get down to the field in 2 weekends time.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Just a note, tomorrow I'll have the video up of Gazz's, George's and Jason's FMS saturday silliness in the club video section.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

The formation flying was good to watch - especially the loop which was pretty well executed and the low-passes.

Here's another cautionary note though, from a bloke in the US who was doing something similar. "Ace" doesn't strike me as a raw-prawn as I've been reading lots of his posts, yet he was caught out badly here ..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20998980&postcount=4300

Steve Murray

Easy done that is

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'm working Tommorow so flying for me me will be out unless i finish esrly and if weather allows me.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Not looking good, wind wise.

If it is too gusty I will stay in and play with the bits of my little Eflite Jenny for indoor flying. Not good for maidening.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

It's calmed down a lot now.

I wont be available this weekend, weather permitting, I am doing an Instructors course out west.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Will be interested to hear how AMAS course differs from MAS course. Enjoy it Gazz.

I won't be flying tomorrow, quite apart from the expected high wind I'm going to an AGM.

I'm looking at my wind gauge tree with despair,
its branches are swaying with gusto in the air,
The clouds in the sky, provide rain that is falling,
so flying conditions for today are really appalling.
I curse you Willy for the weather you provide,
for my activities today will all be inside.

anyone flying tomorrow morning ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Looks like a good cross wind again. Should be fun. I'll be there. Who else?

Yip! - I'll be there with the Dynam T-28 for Greg to take.
I've spent the afternoon doing various mods to it and I think it will be quite good now. I've got two batteries he can have to go with it - I'll probably test-fly it one last time with one of them and then he can take the lot.

Steve Murray

Working Tommorow, but may finish early and hopefully get down for some flying Time.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I will be there at my usual time 8 - 8.30 to open the field & set up the strip for flying. Looking forward to seeing all the guys again.
New guys seem to also be keen to stop by, dont be shy to pull me up for a chat.

I'd like to turn up and say hi at about 9am. Do any of you fellas fly with fpv gear?

I am heading down at 8.30
Have arrived at the field to find the western end of the strip flooded due to a burst water main up at Grace.
The field has water standing from the pilots box to the western end of the strip.
So its not really any good for anything but small aircraft

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I'm on my way

Bugger Gaz, I need ALL the runway.

It was nice meeting everyone this morning, it was very eventful!

First thing I see is a man walking his lawn mower on a leash, followed by a river crossing to watch Colin fly his quad rotor and then an airplane rescue from the reeds. I'll have to finish my own craft and bring it down to show off.

I want a fancy name tag with my face on it!

I'll be down at the field tomorrow now that the Kitchen mods are just about finished

all I have to do is fit the splash back. But since that's on order and won't be here till late next week

I'm free for the day Smile

See you there

KevB and myself (... and I think Gazz also) are out at Hart Field tomorrow doing solo endorsements.

Jason, please take note of the fact that the strip was compromised today with flooding from a leaking hydrant in the Grace compound. Only the eastern half of the strip was serviceable, so you might want to pack planes that are STOL capable.

Steve Murray

Thanks Steve

Jason.
You are welcome to fly tomorrow at Penrith with me as a guest if you like to come out for a fly. I will be arriving at the gate at 8 am sharp, or you could come out with the older folk (Steve) a little later on in the morning, particularly if you have trouble getting up early (like Steve does).
You need a club member to come up and let you through the gate.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thread Closed