Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

It's getting still I might head down the field for the last bit of the day and watch the sun go down Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I was thinking of that too, but I'm already into the beers so I'm grounded - have a low-pass for me!

Steve Murray

Anyone with a heli going to be around the field this long weekend? I might come around and say hello...

Probably Friday for me.

Hi Guys,
I'm going away for a couple of days to NATFLY in Temora so I won't be seeing you at the field.
Hope the weather is favourable to all & you have good time over the Easter break.

Cheers
Chris M

I'll try and come down Friday.... Hope to see some members then

I should be flying Friday too... but not till a bit later in the morning.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Planning to get there around 10 a.m. for a couple of hours tomorrow

Been Down To The Field This Morning for an Hour, There is a Few people done Enjoying the conditions.
The Field is in Good Condition and the Rain has not affected it all.

Hoping to get some more fly Time Tommorow Biggrin

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yes mate - tomorrow looks like it's going to be perfect, with less wind as well!
See you there Smile

Steve Murray

im new here in aussie..i would really appreciate if someone could give me some locations where i could fly planes here in quakers hill.im from california i use to fly out there in baylands sunnyvale california...plssssss i appreciate the help..,

Hi,

You will find us Flying at Our Flying Field on Saturday and Sundays which is only 15min away from you and that includes stopping at Traffic Lights.
(as i Live in Quakers Hill Myself)

Just keep an eye on this Thread and Field Condition Thread to see if people will be down or not and Weather conditions does affect our Field Sometimes.

Normally there will be Members down on the Weekend from 9am

Steve Smile

P.s Guys I will be down in the morning.....

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Which field would that be sir. Appreciate the big help.

Steve Murray

Hi Anthony, welcome to Australia.
More importantly, welcome to Quakers Hill. I live there as well.
Hope to meet you down at the field some time, then we can all say, "Welcome to the Club".

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

I hope to be down in the morning. Was up too late assembling my 2nd Velocity wing and it resulted in brunch today... No I won't learn.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

I'm heading down to the field shortly

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Any Mode 1 instructors intending on flying tomorrow (sunday) morning? I gots the urge for more practices.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

I am flying out west tomorrow!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I'm going to give penrith a miss tomorrow Gaz. I'll be at McCoy field till about 11.

What time field open today

Sorry Frank, missed the reply and stayed in for wifey's birthday.

Anyone Flying Tommorow at Mc Coy, I am Hoping To Possibly Be Down Tommorow Morning for a Fly.

I was Also hoping to get some White film approx 200mm by roll width if anyone has some That they can Spare and will be down Tommorow.
Will Pay for It.

Had to Do some Minor Repairs Tonight strengthening landing Gear mounts.
and just need to do Now a 5 min Iron on Of White Film to Under Carriage now to Complete.
I thought i Had some but i dont.

Steve Smile

WORKING TOMORROW . had the white film too , could of gave you some .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(31-03-2013, 08:06 PM)samste Wrote:  Anyone Flying Tommorow at Mc Coy, I am Hoping To Possibly Be Down Tommorow Morning for a Fly.

I was Also hoping to get some White film approx 200mm by roll width if anyone has some That they can Spare and will be down Tommorow.
Will Pay for It.

Had to Do some Minor Repairs Tonight strengthening landing Gear mounts.
and just need to do Now a 5 min Iron on Of White Film to Under Carriage now to Complete.
I thought i Had some but i dont.

Steve Smile

I'll be flying tomorrow morning, I have some film I can bring along but not white, I've got some white at work I can bring home Tuesday evening. But I have some black at home and some red and white checkerd covering, I could bring tomorow

Am happy to do the honours of donating 200mm white iron-on film. Will be at the field for a few hours tomorrow.

Steve did you get the balsa or would you like me to bring some down to the field in the morning. You can drop by my place nice and early to pick up the film so you can repair the Nemesis, give me a ring any time after 7am.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks Guys for the offers,

Thanks Wayne for the film and Jason and Wayne for the Help and lessons in ironing on Film.
PRCAC FEILD REPAIR SERVICE Biggrin.
She was Back up and Flying Sweet in about 15 Min.

Steve Smile

No Flying today For Me, I'm off To Work, Possibly Tommorow.

Steve Smile

Heading Down shortly for a couple of hours, If ya want a buddy Fly, more than Happy Too.

Steve Smile

Thread Closed