Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

The high blanket of cloud and suggested drizzle look a little ominous, we haven't had any rain during the night, so I will be down by 9 if the precipitation stays away.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Will join you & help set up field

I shall be heading down tomorrow morning..round 7.30am for the early risers to set up & bl#.+* fly.

Just to get up into the air will be an experience...Whatsa a transmitter?

Have'nt seen either of mine for so long I foget what they look like!

Hope I can still program them!

Dingy

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Had the day off from flying today & went cliff climbing & then rock fishing for blackfish with Samste. Looks like no flying for me tomorrow either, Margarets Mum has broken her hip in a fall & I will be heading South to offer morale support.
Good luck & happy flights tomorrow fellas.

I will be down nice and early this morning. Remember to bring some shade men... its gunna be a scorcher.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I'll be there shortly.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

I will be flying Sunday this weekend.
Mower in van as i Was going to mow this afternoon, Sorry its way to hot and has not cooled down.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I will be flying early Sunday morning this W/E.
No Saturday flying for me.

Chris M

I intend being at the field shortly after 8 this morning for a few flights. Having lunch with friends so will also be leaving early.

I will be flying this morning... probably won't be flying tomorrow, but you never know!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Im heading down for a fly shortly, before it gets too hot.

Im hoping i can come down a bit later and hover around....lol

Hope you have better luck today Frank.

Anybody heading down to the field this morning, Willy is predicting showers so don't want to fly alone if everyone deterred by forecast

He's also predicting dead calm wind at 11 a.m.

I'll be there.

Good man, will head down shortly after 8 to set up. Writing a note on the back of my hand " 2 wings require 2 screws" :LOL:

Heading down to the field now

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Slept in this morning but looking out the window, the wind gauge tree has a gentle sway but forecast to step up a bit. Isolated showers also forecast. None the less, I will be heading to the field for at least a few flights shortly after 8

I will be flying Sunday if anyone would like my assistance.
Cheers Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I won't be at the field today, my eldest son Riley isn't very well

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

... and I slept in. Well in. I'll have another attempt tomorrow.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(19-01-2013, 08:09 AM)gbanger Wrote:  I will be flying Sunday if anyone would like my assistance.
Cheers Gazz

Hope to see you there...... Got the new RX... But no manual... Could do with some help setting it up :-)

Chinny :-)

It doesn't look all that prommising but if the rain hold off I will be down for a few flights at 9.
I will bring my 11X manual for you to borrow Steve.

Here is a link to a PDF copy of the manual
http://www.bladehelis.com/prodinfo/Files/JRP1100.pdf

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(20-01-2013, 07:30 AM)gbanger Wrote:  It doesn't look all that prommising but if the rain hold off I will be down for a few flights at 9.
I will bring my 11X manual for you to borrow Steve.

Here is a link to a PDF copy of the manual
http://www.bladehelis.com/prodinfo/Files/JRP1100.pdf

It didn't look good but after lunch I grabbed a few planes and was down at the field on my own... Not as much fun without the rest of the guys around.. but had the skys to myself to do as I pleased and I did.Biggrin

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Damn George, Smuzz informed me that I missed you flying the Sea Vixen. If I wanted EDF, that would so be near the top of the list.

Well, anyway, the Gee Bee's wing is reattached, ready for some flat circuits next week.

(21-01-2013, 11:47 AM)Steven Wrote:  Damn George, Smuzz informed me that I missed you flying the Sea Vixen. If I wanted EDF, that would so be near the top of the list.

Well, anyway, the Gee Bee's wing is reattached, ready for some flat circuits next week.

Just post or email me when you come down and I'll bring it down and fly a few laps. Its a nice jet to fly and it's in the Aus warehouse now if you are eager to grab one.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

(21-01-2013, 11:52 AM)Raptorfly Wrote:  
(21-01-2013, 11:47 AM)Steven Wrote:  Damn George, Smuzz informed me that I missed you flying the Sea Vixen. If I wanted EDF, that would so be near the top of the list.

Just post or email me when you come down and I'll bring it down and fly a few laps. Its a nice jet to fly and it's in the Aus warehouse now if you are eager to grab one.

Thanks George. I'm no where ready to get one yet, but I will enjoy watching yours.

(21-01-2013, 11:52 AM)Raptorfly Wrote:  

ok GEAORGE i'm currently looking for an EDF as life simply just isnt the same without one . what do you think of the SEA VIXEN ?
i like the video it looks like it takes off pretty quickly , what are the retracts like , and i have 4s 4000mah batteries .
i'm also looking at F86 SABRE , AND ALBATROSS 59, AND T33 IN 70 SIZE EDF . .
I love edf planes . im currently in need of a new 70 size , and 90 size , and 50 size , and what the heck another stinger 64 .
now i havent had an EDF with landing gear yet , and this is why i'm asking . must be suitable for Mckoy . i know this post is off topic , and am happy to start a new thread . if mods wish .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Hi Frank
The Vixen flies great out the box. retracrs are metal trinions and so far perfect for this jet but it is easy to land. I only had 4 flights so far and one servo was dud and jittering I just replaced it last week.
4000mah might be too large. Im using Zippy compact 3700mah.
The Vamp is good but retracts are questionable so i belly land mine.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

One of best and long lived EDF jets is Frank R's F86 Sabre. Not sure who is the kit builder/supplier but that plane looks nice and flies nice. Frank always brings it to fly which counts for a lot IMO.

Noticed it there a lot. I believe it's from the HK/Durafly 1100 series if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Thread Closed