Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Putting the last plane in car & heading for field now.

I am flying out west today gents, I need to turn a few laps with a couple of my big guns.
Have a great day!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I should be at our field about 8.30ish. I am not able to buddy newbies & not sure when somebody will be there to assist in that regard. Feel free to notify if you can so our learners know when to turn up.

Power-line contractor blocking driveway, not sure access is available today???

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Have just been to our field & at our entry there is a cherry picker truck blocking our entry. They are putting wiring up poles & have declared the area a construction zone & declining vehicle entry. The workers will allow walk in entry only.
I am now heading further west to join Gazz.

Well, I'd of thought this to be the last day that I'd need to check for flying before heading to the field... to be met by a bunch of contractors sitting under a tree collecting double time.

Grr.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Endeavour Energy is just about to leave and access to the field will be available again. As they will be coming back probably next weekend I have provided the foreman Gary's number so they can advise the club of their intentions. (Hope you don't mind Gazz)

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

No problems Pete. We will be contacting the council to air our dissaproval of having access to the field closed off and the club not being notified. We pay the council fees for use of the field and it is unacceptable that we have not been notified that our access to the field has been cut off.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Tis the reason I posted notification of their presence and the importance of this thread. I believe it is a must to view before venturing to the field & what I believe is a must to be posting on when going to the field if nobody else has posted. We have a few members without access combination & visitors wanting to turn up. I have opened at 8.00 previously & nobody else turn up till 10.30, far too long for somebody to have to wait at the front gate if they dont have the combination. Only takes a few minutes but very valuable information.

I dont believe Endeavour would notify PCC on any occasion. PCC wouldn't know I'd say.

ok so we've got a phone tower , trees , HV wires , wind turbulance, motorcross riders , mental civilians who walk on the field when your flying because they have free rights, and a flood zone .
what were they adding now , spamming devices ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

So that's Why there was no one except Hachem pete and my self at the field on Sunday.
Conditions were Excellent untill the breeze came up later on in te afternoon.

I was there from about 12ish untill until 2:30

What were they doing with the powerlines ? Not getting ready to pull them down so we can have more sky were they???

....................dream on jase Biggrin

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(26-11-2012, 09:53 AM)secant0give Wrote:  So that's Why there was no one except Hachem pete and my self at the field on Sunday.

I was there from 9:30 to 11:30. I lugged my planes and control box and walked down, Peter C was there and left. Endeavor was working on LVABC line on top of the entry gate. I think they left because it was going to be over 35 degrees and they don't work in that kind of heat. It was 37 degrees when I left...hot as hell.
The runway was a little over grown and the small wheels on my Zero didn't like it nosing over on landing and breaking the cowl.... everthing else flew well with no wind and an empty sky.
Where was everyone?

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Lets just hope they dont decide to try again on the 9th.....Now that would be a F$%@ken disaster.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Anybody flying this morning?

I was going to, but a bit pointless...

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Nope, It's been raining at my place for the last 3 hours, so I will give it a miss!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I am happy to turn up & set up the field for flying, but if nobody else is turning up, I may just give it a miss.
Is starting to shower now, so will be giving flying today a definite miss & with storms predicted for tonight is likely our field will be unfit for flying tomorrow. Bummer

(01-12-2012, 07:35 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I am happy to turn up & set up the field for flying, but if nobody else is turning up, I may just give it a miss.
Is starting to shower now, so will be giving flying today a definite miss & with storms predicted for tonight is likely our field will be unfit for flying tomorrow. Bummer

Shame..... I was going to bring up the P-51 ( 1600mm) for a maiden.... But I need to sort out a balance problem first... Not happy with the amount of vibration in the prop/spinner and I'm not sure how to balance a 4 blade 16inch prop.... any suggestions anybody ?

I've had nothing but vibration out of large spinners for electric. Shame to put a little shiny prop nut on a warbird though...

Even if it doesn't rain tonight, no point me coming down tomorrow. From the christmas party thread, it looks like there will be no instructors there anyway. I'm not having a dig at anybody, people have lives, I'm just having a pout at the irony of the system.

(01-12-2012, 09:24 AM)Build em crash 'em Wrote:  Shame..... I was going to bring up the P-51 ( 1600mm) for a maiden.... But I need to sort out a balance problem first... Not happy with the amount of vibration in the prop/spinner and I'm not sure how to balance a 4 blade 16inch prop.... any suggestions anybody ?

I have a prop balancer that may help with the balance problem. I spray clear lacquer on the light prop until balanced. You can also trim the heavy prop. Bought balancer from hobby king http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ancer.html
Does not get a very good rappon reviews but mine although the bar is ever so slightly out of balance, will balance the prop within a reasonable level of accuracy

Hi Guys,
Even though we have some rain last night I am heading down to the field now to fly what I can even if it is just my micro heli & 3D extra.

Chris M

Outside my window, the wind gauge I see,
branches swaying freely up in the tree.
Willy says a high chance of thundery rain,
so today there'll be no flying again for Wayne.
My new E-flite Pulse, is still work in progress,
so my day without flying wont seem so useless.
Lets hope the weather is better next Sunday,
to enjoy our Christmas party as a funday

Thanks for that nice little weather report,
I thought I would counter with this short retort.
Dont be dismayed by the wind everywhere,
in conditions like this dont fly planes in the air.
Lets hope that next Sunday conditions are better,
because lots of our planes are as light as a feather.
Lets hope for a warm day with very still air,
so none of our pilots get stressed in the air.
Our Barby next Sunday, lets hope that its great,
So we can enjoy a day out with our mates.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Guys,
Returned from the field and yes it is a bit windy.
The strip is dry so we must not have had that much rain overnight so if the wind dies down it would be good to go.
Me I have other duties to attend to now.

Cheers
Chris M

Chris, that didn't rhyme.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(02-12-2012, 09:50 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Chris, that didn't rhyme.

Sorry Chris,
I'm no poet & I know it.

Chris M

So far willy is providing reasonable weather for tomorrow, so I should be at the field 8.00 - 8.30. Will give an update early in the morning

I will be down a bit later this morning, finishing off the 9!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I too am finishing off a plane, ETA 9.00 ish
Thread Closed