Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Good luck with the Trojan, Russ - I'm trapped in a hut in a vineyard in the Hunter Valley but I'm with you in spirit!

Steve Murray

(27-10-2012, 09:45 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Not me. I'm flying my big ones out West.

Are you talking about Vineyard or Penrith Gaz?
I'm thinking of going out for a look at Vineyard next weekend can you tell me how to get there please?

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I was at Penrith today mate.
The HMAS field is at the very end of Bandon Rd at Vinyard, cross the railway line and follow it to the end and I mean right at the end of the goat track. You physically cant drive any further, the gate is on the left. They always keep the lock on the gate, and usually write a phone number to call to get in on a white board at the gate.
I got told out at Penrith today that as of this week they have closed off their membership, that's what I was told anyway.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Penrith is closed off, or HMAS is closed off?

I believe it's Vineyard that's chocka's, from the word on the street (in the shop).

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Sorry for the ambiguity and yes Steven's right, its Vineyard that has apparently closed off its membership.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks for the info Gaz.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Too many members!!!! or is there some other reason for closing the membership?

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Nah, that's it... they have oodles.

Speaking of, well, not related at all, actually, I'll be there, weather permitting on the week end, focused....

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Very annoying - I can see out the window that it's perfect conditions at the field at the moment, warm but still air ... and I'm in the study reviewing bloody conference papers Frown

Steve Murray

I wondered where everyone was today. I drove past on my way to work.
I was late going in this morning as my eldest son wasn't well and stopped by for a look.
I was suprised noone was there. I didn't stay long as I had nothing to fly with me but conditions were very nice !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

i wouldve been there except i had to spend the day at castle hill getting my alloy rocker box changed under warranty as it comes off warranty next month . porous alloy !!! lost a days flying . i might be back out there tomorrow instead of going up to see my mates new holiday house at norah head .
flying might be the go me thinks . the mx is flight ready again . and so is the yak 54 , panther F9, CORSAIR F4U, AND EXTRA 330 . shoulve traded the xr6 in for a territory while i was at ford .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I would have been there ... BUT I HAVE A JOB!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(31-10-2012, 10:01 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I would have been there ... BUT I HAVE A JOB!!!

hahahahahahaha . i have a job too GAZ . just on annual leave . but ill be back there come sat , when all you guys are enjoying the weekend ,

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(31-10-2012, 10:01 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I would have been there ... BUT I HAVE A JOB!!!

Yeh, that's the problem isn't it!
However, things don't look too bad for the rest of the week and weekend - weather-wise that is, there's always work getting in the way. Only 10% to 20% chances of 1-5mm, I can live with that.

Steve Murray

Hi Guys,
No flying for me this weekend as I intend on going to the Catalina Festival at Rathmines tomorrow and on Sunday I am cycling to the Gong for MS.

Hope the weather is favourable for those that are flying.

Cheers
Chris M Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

As usual I will be at the field bright & early, probably about 8 -8.30. Got some serious practicing to do Leet
Will set up the pilot box, witches cones & windsock ready, that way I can have some form of input to field preparation Smile

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

Cheers Wayne - that's perfect! See you there ... a little later on Wink

Steve Murray

(02-11-2012, 08:01 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Cheers Wayne - that's perfect! See you there ... a little later on Wink

At the "crack of 10" ? Tounge

I will heading Down Tommorow Early Myself, See you Down There Guys

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'm flying Sunday this weekend, just letting anyone know that hoped to catch up with me!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(02-11-2012, 08:14 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  
(02-11-2012, 08:01 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Cheers Wayne - that's perfect! See you there ... a little later on Wink
At the "crack of 10" ? Tounge
I don't want to make promises that I can't keep - so, for the moment, yes at the crack of 10 Smile

Steve Murray

Rob B & I will be filming Sat Morn, so ensure you all have your makeup on.........Thickly please!

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Looking out the window & am trying to refrain from using every expletive I have learnt to date. Was hoping willy's forecast was an empty promise but alas a light but @*%&ing annoying drizzle has reared it's ugly head. The weather has been warm & dry enough of recent to allow the field to fully absorb this morning's shower and is forecast to clear. Will probably at the least be deferring my promised early arrival & field preparation for the day's flying. Will post updates later. If anybody is going to the field to fly mid showers, please post before leaving & I will join you.

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

Will be there about 9, I guess. Will repost as soon as we're ready to leave.

Rob & I have cancelled filming so you can all leave your makeup at home. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Withdrawals getting the better of me & clouds although threatening look non-productive. Packing the last things in my car & on my way.
Hope to see a few more guys down there

Packing the car too...

Although we had a brief, yet reasonably heavy shower this morning, a few of us took shelter under my gazebo to wait it out. Amazingly even the hollow at the Grace end of the runway dried as quickly as it pooled. What remained was a closely mowed, dry strip perfect for the remaining days flying.
Tomorrows forecast is for light winds in the morning increasing in the afternoon. I will be there early again for the mornings flying (with one less plane courtesy of todays fatality, but that is another story). Will post when leaving, again should be 8-8.30

Story pls Wayne. Was it the Pulse? It'd be a shame after the lucky escape.
Thread Closed