Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

I'm Heading Down Shortly for an afternoon Fly

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Field Conditions this afternoon were Perfect and a lot of Fun. Biggrin
And was Pleasantly surprised that there were quite a few people Still Down There Enjoying the Conditions Too.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yep - you're right Steve!
I had to break out the sunscreen lotion for the first time since last summer! Good conditions though, good company, loved the afternoon ... Smile

Steve Murray

So if the weather is Good Tommorow, which is hard to tell at the moment.
Who is thinking of coming down for a Fly ?
I was thinking of doing a mini sausage sizzle bbq if there is a few coming down.

Steve Smile

(28-09-2012, 04:42 PM)samste Wrote:  So if the weather is Good Tommorow, which is hard to tell at the moment.
Who is thinking of coming down for a Fly ?
I was thinking of doing a mini sausage sizzle bbq if there is a few coming down.

Steve Smile

I'm keen to fly if its good. Might have to skip the Susage's as I'm on a diet. But will appreciate the smell.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I'm coming down tomorrow, weather prevailing. 1930's day for me, with the Stinson and the Waco.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Its supposed to be raining and as windy as crap tomorrow morning mate... so I will probably give the flying a miss tomorrow and fly Sunday instead... but as always will watch the sky ...

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Am always happy to fly, but I don't trust willey. Am always happy for a sausage sizzle too (my favourite meat). Have found a way to assist the diet with them. If you break them in half before you eat them, the calories fall out, that way I can keep in shape (round is a shape)

Yeah, I'll be making a call in the morning, you never can tell.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

It will be interesting to see how the field fairs tomorrow, It's raining steadily here at Seven hills at the moment

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Not heavy but constant, strato-cumulus as apposed to cumulonimbus (typical thunder cloud)

Cumulus-paininarsus, means no flying & soggy rolls for the sausages and a trip to PEMAC on Sunday

Well men its 11pm and its still fallin down quite heavily... I think you will find that these particular clouds are actually Cumulus Pissinonus... recon its gonna rain till the morning ... recon you can say goodbye to flying this weekend.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(29-09-2012, 12:03 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Well men its 11pm and its still fallin down quite heavily... I think you will find that these particular clouds are actually Cumulus Pissinonus... recon its gonna rain till the morning ... recon you can say goodbye to flying this weekend.

If anyone is venturing down to see what the conditions are like, post the outcome

Thxs Steve

Just had a walk on field. From SE end of field is firm underfoot until pilot box but from there on has pooled water & all with surface water. Is flyable if able to complete landing left to right before the pilot box. Drive in is all firm but clay visable on wheel tracks where was previously covered with road base.

I might drop down for a fly this afternoon but will probably be flying out west tomorrow.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(29-09-2012, 10:15 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Just had a walk on field. From SE end of field is firm underfoot until pilot box but from there on has pooled water & all with surface water. Is flyable if able to complete landing left to right before the pilot box. Drive in is all firm but clay visable on wheel tracks where was previously covered with road base.

Thanks for the Update Wayne

I'm out for tomorrow (and monday), working.... So I will see you all next week....

Have been down to the field twice today, once at around 9-30am and again at 3-30pm and I am pleased to say that a lot of the water that was covering the western end of the strip this morning has gone leaving a couple of large puddles.
If we have the continued winds overnight and no further rain I believe that we should be able to fly tomorrow, but be aware that your models will probably need a clean after you have finished flying.
The driveway in is fine thanks to Steve's efforts with the bob cat and recycled road base.

Flying Today ????? Wind ?????

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/sydney.shtml

Steve 50_50

Tomorrow looks better, I think - I'm going to have a look at the runway again later and post back here.

Steve Murray

The field is fine Steve, I just got home from a few hours at McKoy... its still a little damp at the top end but overall its sweet as!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks Gazz - that saves me making the trip out!

Steve Murray

At the field today, I picked up 2 screws with knurled knobs. I believe they are used to screw wings onto the fuse. Anybody missing these screws, I still have in my possession.

(30-09-2012, 07:07 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  At the field today, I picked up 2 screws with knurled knobs. I believe they are used to screw wings onto the fuse. Anybody missing these screws, I still have in my possession.

Thanks for finding them Wayne. They are for my big cub. I can collect them if you are flying tomorrow.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Sorry George, have promised a day out with the other half today. Next weekend maybe or if more urgent, ring me, My phone number available in members only thread

Is anyone flying today? I'm heading down now.

Yes I'll be there and I'll bring the shade house Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Yes I'm heading down shortly with the 600 heli and maybe a test flight on the old 2.8m glider

Hi all. I'm still lurking and wanted to tell you about my fun in the sun yesterday. It has bee na beautiful couple of days here and on the weekend I actually reached the joyous position of having all my planes repaired and flight worthy.

My original orange plane (yes steve, the wooden on I first brought to the club) suffered from a post launch cartwheel after the main servo tray came loose within the fuse. A bit of more nose work and resticking the tray had it in the air. It still felw well but I had accidentally added far too much down thrust and although landed very nicely, it received an adjustment after returning home.

The Cessna 182 didn't come out bcs I only had a short flight window. It's most recent mishap was caused by me practicing spins and spinning one too many times Frown. It managed to pull up in time for a stiff belly flop.

I received a Hobby King Extra 260, balsa, 1.2M for my birthday and on maident, the canopy flew off and took out the right hand half of the stabiliser and elevator. fortunately, the control servo was connected to the left hand side of the elevator and I was able to bring it in for a safe landing. I re-maidened this and it initially looked amazingly tail heavy!! On landing, I discovered the elevator control had slipped, introducing 10 degrees up elevator at netutral stick!!! When this was rectified at the field, it flew wonderfully and will soon become my favourite plane. (I am using the power system from the HK MX2 which never performed to my satisfaction).

My ultra reliable Hawk 80 profile foamy also flew well and provided some low emotional investment fun dive bombing magpies who were grazing on the field.

I'm still scratch building a 1.4M Katana. It is up to installing gear and covering. Other projects and fear of failure have allowed me to procrastinate on finishing this one.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread Closed