Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Hi Guys,
Given the conditions of our field, the weather forecast and that PEMAC are having a Swap Meet on Sunday, I intend on going out to Penrith Sunday morning even though it is supposed to be windy.

Cheers
Chris M

(15-06-2012, 07:36 PM)chrism Wrote:  Hi Guys,
Given the conditions of our field, the weather forecast and that PEMAC are having a Swap Meet on Sunday, I intend on going out to Penrith Sunday morning even though it is supposed to be windy.

Cheers
Chris M

What time are you planning to be there? I'm not sure if I can get out of my commitments for Sunday, but If I can I'd love to tag along. Been way too long since I've flown

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Hi Mick,
I intend on getting to PEMAC at around 9-15am - do you want to meet me at he gate?
The Swap Meet officially starts at 9-30am and they are having a sausage sizzle later in morning.

Cheers
Chris M

(16-06-2012, 08:49 AM)chrism Wrote:  Hi Mick,
I intend on getting to PEMAC at around 9-15am - do you want to meet me at he gate?
The Swap Meet officially starts at 9-30am and they are having a sausage sizzle later in morning.
I have some family commitments tomorrow but I'm not sure what time they are or whether my attendence is mandatory yet. Don't wait for me but if I can make it I'll meet you at the gates at 9:15

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Its 9.50 am i'at PEMAC gates is anyone there .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I too am heading out to Pemac tomorrow, will be there 9.15 as well. My mobile is on members list and am happy to come & let late comers in if called.

(16-06-2012, 04:33 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I too am heading out to Pemac tomorrow, will be there 9.15 as well. My mobile is on members list and am happy to come & let late comers in if called.

I will try to make it to penrith if its not raining. I'll see you 9

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I will be heading Over To Pemac as well Tommorow Morning , Swap meet, as weather Observations show they had min Rain in Penrith Today Sat 3.6mm
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60901/...4763.shtml

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Unfortunately i need to work Tommorow so i won't be able to open up Early but hoping to be down Later Weather and Field Permitting.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

The field should be right for driving on tomorrow morning, We will be marking a driveway with cones so please stick to it, If you get there and they're not setup, please stick to the existing tyre tracks and don't make your own.

(23-06-2012, 10:33 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  The field should be right for driving on tomorrow morning, We will be marking a driveway with cones so please stick to it, If you get there and they're not setup, please stick to the existing tyre tracks and don't make your own.

I am heading Down and opening up shortly 8:30am

Steve

So what is happening tomorrow morning? Anything?

The runway is still wet on the western end. I walked in for a fly this afternoon at about 4:30pm and took-off and landed just on the eastern end, and it was alright but if I get the chance I'll be at PEMAC this weekend.

Steve Murray

I will flying at PEMAC tomorrow morning, hoping to get out there at around 9-00am.
Cheers
Chris M

Flying is out for me this weekend, going to Culburra with fishing club

Im flying at PEMAC today.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I cant fly at PEMAC so I will be at home Frown

I'm Hoping to head down to Prcac later for a Fly This morning after i do a few things. From the condition i saw it yesterday i may open the gates to drive in or walk in will determine when i get there.

Steve Smile

Dave
You could have flown as a guest today, PEMAC changes over tomorrow!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Flying at Prcac conditions in the Air Nice, half ofRunway ok for use a, the other half still damp.

Driving in at the moment is unfortunately a no go as its slippery on the ramp but otherwise it would be ok.

Steve

lol,
Today Took the Faithful Stock Trojan Up today and ended up loosing the elevator Tail but managed with lots of Aileron control to stabilise Flight even though the plane just wanted to roll over and die, to bring It Down Safely, Pilot Survived even though he wanted to eject and Plane with no damage, Though the Prop Did not Like the Situation and broke down and snapped on landing.

Have new Elevatot Tail now ready to fit. Picture shows how the plastic film gave way off the foam which held the elevator tail on.

Tomorrow for the first time in about 8 or 9 weeks I have a day that I am able to go fly so come hell or high water, winds, storms, blizzards, rain, drought or any other weather conditions, I'm going for a fly Biggrin

The only question is where? Where is everyone flying tomorrow?

Has there been a change so the we can't fly at PMAC? If so I guess I'll be wearing my gumboots and snorkle and heading out to McCoy unless there is anything else on offer.....

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Mick
our club is covered by MAAA insurance.
From tomorrow Pemac will be covered by a new association insurance(opposition to MAAA)
Current rules say that we cannot interchange, so no PEMAC fliers can fly at our field and
we cannot fly at PEMAC's field.
There is one way at the moment where this can be overcome and that is if
you take out membership AND Insurance with both associations.
This is what Gary and a few others have done.
Unless you have paid your renewal membership/insurance with PRCAC by today or made arrangements with the committee to defer payment no-one can fly at our field after today as new insurance starts tomorrow(Sunday)

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

(30-06-2012, 07:36 PM)paulj Wrote:  There is one way at the moment where this can be overcome and that is if

There is no way I can afford to do this, which is a pity. It would also be hard to justify the extra expense for only a few visits a year so I guess It's gumboots and snorkle for me tomorrow. Is anyone planning on opening up?

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Mick, I was there today with Samste, John Hale, Colin, and Peter Hart. Flying conditions were quite good. There are soggy spots down the far western end but for planes under 3kg with landing gear, all is good. I had no issues with the PZ T28 and would have flown the FMS T28 if I could have had it there. I couldn't drive in.

Tomorrow we are likely walking in as we did today. The drive in slope is quite slippery from the lack of sun. The field generally is quite good really. There are sloshy parts up near the tree line but the pit area, taxi way and strip are reasonably good. Not rock hard, but certainly nothing more than sport shoes needed if you can nail the runway. Hit the old runway etc and best you have those gumboots.

(30-06-2012, 07:42 PM)Kedumba Wrote:  
(30-06-2012, 07:36 PM)paulj Wrote:  There is one way at the moment where this can be overcome and that is if

There is no way I can afford to do this, which is a pity. It would also be hard to justify the extra expense for only a few visits a year so I guess It's gumboots and snorkle for me tomorrow. Is anyone planning on opening up?

Hi Mick

I am Happy to open Up but i feel that the ramp may be too slippery for Standard Cars to Navigate, So the Gates will be Closed unless its in Better Condition Tommorow.
I will access the Situation in The morning as i'm Planning To head Down Tommorow if all goes to Plan, as i was only Down Today Briefly to Inspect Field and had a couple Flights while i was there.

Steve

Going down to McCoy field for a fly
For an hour or so

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

How was the field Jason, would be nice to fly there again, is a long trek out to PEMAC

So where is everyone Tommorow ? Mcoy Conditions ? I want to Fly Tommorow, I feel the need for some 6s Speed

Steve Smile

Was planning to go down to McCoy in the morning, mainly flying Helis, but the forecast is for 20 - 30 km/hr winds. Will decide in the morning.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(14-07-2012, 08:54 PM)samste Wrote:  So where is everyone Tommorow ? Mcoy Conditions ? I want to Fly Tommorow, I feel the need for some 6s Speed

Steve Smile

I may get down to McCoy if it's not too windy later on in the afternoon but I don't like the look of the forcast I saw this morning.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci
Thread Closed