Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Yup, on top of the overnight rain, it's now raining here about as hard as I've ever seen it.

See you all in April?

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Hi All, this is just Post Update to Non Members that are thinking of heading down to Visit this Weekend and are checking if Flying is Happening this weekend.

The Field Is Currently Un Serviceable for Flying This Weekend 17 to 18 March

As Members Know the Field is based in a Flood Retention Basin and as one of our members recently said just recently, the Key Word Is Retention.
With all this Rain we have been having our Field has been hit Hard and there isn't much we can do but wait for the rain to stop and for the Field to dry out.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Looks like its a trip to the LHS and have a building weekend I think....
Hopefully I can post in the new addittion to the hanger soon, and then see you guys a few more times and hopefully start flying with you guys soon

(17-03-2012, 08:14 AM)corsair_pilot Wrote:  Looks like its a trip to the LHS and have a building weekend I think....
Hopefully I can post in the new addittion to the hanger soon, and then see you guys a few more times and hopefully start flying with you guys soon

On a positive note, tomorrow is looking fairly good with only a 20% chance of a shower. The fun fly at Appin would be a good bet.

Where in Appin? I was a chance of gettin a mtb ride in out there but would stop by for a look if it's on

I really need to get out and do some Flying, lets hope Tommorow brings better Weather.

It Appears Appin or Pemac may be the call of the Day Tommorow if Weather changes.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

If anyone is heading out, I'd like to tag along. Would like to watch some flying n watch some clever stick work.

(17-03-2012, 09:22 AM)corsair_pilot Wrote:  Where in Appin? I was a chance of gettin a mtb ride in out there but would stop by for a look if it's on
On the MASNSW site (http://masnsw.org) you can find a link to the Appin fun-fly and boot sale on the top of the list at the right-hand side of the page, under "Upcoming Events".
Might head down that way tomorrow, Junior wants to get some time into his L-plate log book so may as well go for a drive. I don't think I'll bother charging any batteries though - I got some flying in yesterday in uncrowded airspace which was fun.

Steve Murray

Cool thanks Steve.
Will see what happens in the morning

I will be waiting in anticipation as the sun rises. I might try and get some flying in at Penrith if the weather holds.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Undecided This Morning , Pemac or Appin
What are others doing Today ?

Steve

Im going out to PEMAC, leaving home about 9.30 be there about 10.30.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Im heading down now to Pemac as well as i don't feel like the long Drive Today to Appin as i need to get back early Today.

Steve

Dropped in to Pemac for a quick Visit and a chat with some of the Guys, No Flying as i had to leave shortly after for some kids Time Today.

Hope The guys who went To Appin had a Good day There.

Steve

(18-03-2012, 02:17 PM)samste Wrote:  Dropped in to Pemac for a quick Visit and a chat with some of the Guys, No Flying as i had to leave shortly after for some kids Time Today.

Hope The guys who went To Appin had a Good day There.

Steve

Appin is 125 km return to Parramatta. In my mind I got it mixed with Mt Anan. Anyway it was a good day with flying on a big open field. From our club were Steve, Mick, Victor and myself. Lots of goodies on offer from the car boot sale. Did a swap on an old but new OS40FP glow motor that I still had for a couple of planes. The locals were either impressed or taken aback - not sure which - by four Rare Bears tearing up the sky at once. Here is a photo of the culprits.

Field condition is Still Soggy.
Guys the way the Field is at the Moment i Think we need a week of good drying as its un mowable in its current state.
Predictions are possibly more rain Tommorow which will ruin it for sure.

FYI
I will not be Flying On Saturday as i Have some stuff to Do But will be Flying Sunday at Blacktown Fly in which i think the Majority of Prcac we be attending.

Anyone opening up tomorrow? Was thinking of heading down with planes and mower.

After today's weather, and less than expected rain yesterday, was hoping it might have improved some from the state we observed on Wednesday... too hopeful?

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Hi Claudio,
I was thinking something along the same lines as yourself, but thought I would mow Saturday afternoon to give it a little longer to dry up. If you want to do it in the morning I'm up for it and will open up at say 9am just let me know if you want to do it then.

Cheers
Chris M

To Be Honest i was there Tuesday and the conditions did not improve when i saw it Wednesday and then we had a little Rain on Thursday so really the conditions i dont Think have changed. Which means the half the strip is unserviceable unless we have Had a remarkable miracle and the water has Drained away.
As its Just Seem to be sitting There Stagment as if the Water Table Is so High at the moment there is no where for it to go.

I hope I'm Wrong but i didn't get a chance to look at it this afternoon as i'm keen for a fly Tommorow myself in the morning and Love to Fly at Mc Coy.

Steve

(23-03-2012, 10:41 PM)chrism Wrote:  I was thinking something along the same lines as yourself, but thought I would mow Saturday afternoon to give it a little longer to dry up. If you want to do it in the morning I'm up for it and will open up at say 9am just let me know if you want to do it then.

If you're ok taking a chance on the morning then I'm in too. ETA 9:30am?

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

(23-03-2012, 11:17 PM)Claudius Wrote:  
(23-03-2012, 10:41 PM)chrism Wrote:  I was thinking something along the same lines as yourself, but thought I would mow Saturday afternoon to give it a little longer to dry up. If you want to do it in the morning I'm up for it and will open up at say 9am just let me know if you want to do it then.

If you're ok taking a chance on the morning then I'm in too. ETA 9:30am?

Done see you then

Again I may seem to be avoiding assistance in this honourable task but I am helping a friend move house this morning and I dont own a mower to drop in by myself.
Sorry guys

Epic Team Precision mowing effort complete.

Runway marginal - large sections u/s but nevertheless definitely usable. Will dry up in no time now. Perfect conditions - magic sky and slight breeze.

Chris, Dave, Angus and I prepping to enjoy the fruits of our labour. Come join in!

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Hoping to do a drive by between 12.30 n 13.30 depending on wrk today

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

Good work Guys i may head Down late this Afternoon for a few Flights if i finish my epic Clean up.
Thinking after 3pm, will post if anyone interested in Joining Me.

Steve

I know there are many people who are heading to Blacktown tomorrow, but is anyone likely to head to Parra tomorrow?
I'm aiming to get to Blacktown tomorrow between 12 and 1.

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

Yes, I will be flying there tomorrow as I am not going to Blacktown. I will be there around 9 (ish) until around 12 midday (ish).

Chrism, if you can please unlock the gates around 9 as I don't have a key.

Sorry Dave I'll be at mt Annan in the morning. I'll see what's happening on my way home

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

Who is going out to Blacktown tomorrow.
I will probably go, but would like some company?

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thread Closed