Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Rob, I'm glad you clarified your post with the word "Female".

The "70 Vestal Virgins" waiting in paradise......is not specific which gender they are!?!?

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Gday BB

In matters of impending death full clarity is truly critical.
No way was I going to let myself end up in an Oxford St afterlife, even with an ginormous amount of beer.
Now I must zip off elsewhere in these forums and see how Gazz and his dalek vs Dave and his teddy bear are getting on. Who of those two will meet me at the pearly gates???

Cheers
Rob B

Lol Rob You made My day

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Would I be tempting fate asking bout the possibility of Sunday? I understand if anything like my yard, prob not....

Anyone got a status report? Might be ok for helicopters as we don't need a runway. Really comes down to whether my chair will sink in to the ground. What about you hand launchers? Willy is showing no rain for at least three days!!

Sorry dave not Sure of Field Condition as Just Got home.
Saturday is Out for me.
But i am going to be flying Sunday for sure if weather is good, with all my Hand launchers.

Hopefully anyone down Tommorow can Update Status of Field Conditions

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(09-03-2012, 09:27 AM)robair Wrote:  Without going into too much detail my demise would need to involve about 20 nymphomaniac supermodels (female) and an olympic pool full of beer.

I suppose does sound better than 40 angry RC modellers (male) and a swampy retention basin full of muddy water.

BTW, anyone notice the break in the weather since Rob stepped forward? Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

G'day Claudio

You raise an excellent point there re my sacrifice=good weather.
However, I just got home from work and note only 2 beers in the fridge and no nympho supermodels to be seen!
As such a tropical monsoon is on order for about 7am tomorrow.
I do have a couple of hours more work to do before I go to bed so there is still time for you and samste to set things to rights.
I await your early response

Cheers
Rob B

Shotgun the two beers, wait 10 minutes.. and your super model might materialise.

Dave San

Tamer of rotation, son of the god Futaba.
You are truly wise.
I now embark on your suggested quest.

Cheers
Rob B

WTF?
I go on holiday for a week and you all turn into poetic crazies, The lack of flying must be getting to you all!

No flying for me this weekend - got DIY jobs to do around the house instead Frown

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but ... it looks very good weather-wise all through the coming week according to Willy and Weatherzone. Should be able to fit in some mowing on Friday, all ready for next weekend.

Steve Murray

Just out of curiosity how big is the air strip?

A little under 100 meters

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I won't be flying either on Sunday.
Got plenty of building to do and I don't much care
to walk into the field while it's so wet.
Hope next weekend is the start of some regular flying again.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I am heading out to Penrith now if anyone would like to join me!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

It was nice to meet several of you out at the field yesterday.
With any luck I should be able to get out there again this Saturday if the weather holds up.

My Fleet:...... Blade 400 3D,... Blade mCP X v2,... Blade mSR
Simulator:..... Phoenix Flight Sim ...... Transmitter:... DX6i ...

Any one know what the field condition is like this week end?

I have been (GASP!!!) given the morning off... I am hoping I can get down to the field and fly.

It was nice on wednesday a little damp but the strip was mowed short and flying was much fun!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'm going to go over there now - I've got a couple of batteries to put through the Trojan and I reckon I'll get an hour or so before this brewing storm arrives!

Steve Murray

no brewing storm!!
It can't happen!!

Might stop by on the way home from work
I've got my foamY in the car

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I've been and gone - the conditions were good for flying (still air with no sun glare), but the runway wasn't much better than it was on Wednesday afternoon. I wanted to get a chance to give it a second mow after Samste's effort, but I didn't get around to it and don't think it would have achieved very much anyway. There's still a lot of wet ground over there and it ain't going anywhere soon.

It was good fun practicing lining up for a landing on the much shorter strip too, but "Ol' Trusty" the Trojan made it pretty easy.

Steve Murray

Just got Home myself the weather has Changed alot this afternoon even started Raining for a bit.

I Reckon the Fields really needs a good month of no Rain to dry It as its Just Sitting there.
Has Mc Coy Water Lake Hazzard on Front of Strip water level dropped at all or is it the same Steve as it was on Wednesday ?

Steve

It had dropped a little, Steve - but it hadn't dried out and you certainly wouldn't want to put a plane through it.
The messy western end hadn't changed at all - not that we had expected it to :-(

The forecast is a shocker - a promise of 15+ mm of rain in the morning, so it says.

Steve Murray

Hi Guys i'm More than Happy to get there Early and open Up but i Think we will see what the weather is like in the Morning and will post an update.
But the Forecast isn't promising but who knows these days.

Steve

I was going to be there to collect the last sig required for membership application and get someone to give my Dynam Cub a once over for air worthyness, but once again, the universe says no.

I'll be about in a fortnight.... as the best laid plans of mice and hairy heathens.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Have read posts about new planes to see ripping up the skies, but alas I will be at Culburra helping Margs mum move into a Nursing Home. Hope the weather gods get rid of their mishchevious smirks & allow you guys a well deserved flying weekend

...and here comes the rain. 1:30am, about to go to bed and noticed the
rain starting (at Cherrybrook). Rain radar shows a large front of rain just about to hit us.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys but I had to get up early to go in to work and it rained constantly from Kellyville all the way work (Ryde).
Just looking at the radar now and that looks even worse, raining in all directions over 100kms around Sydney.
Back to your projects men!

EDIT: 6.40am Now its pissing down!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thread Closed