Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

(27-02-2012, 06:34 PM)Servo Wrote:  
(27-02-2012, 04:25 PM)stuka Wrote:  Thanks for letting us know Kev. Will lift it off you this coming weekend. As it is, when I went home I found a spare one which needs some attention and an extra Pilot to boot. In the meantime I shall get it ready plus a magnet.

Regards BiggrinBiggrin

The canopy still has the magnet stuck to it that should have stayed attached to the fuse, looks like the glue failed.

That will make my life easier!! Will still have to buy some just in case!!

Smile

(27-02-2012, 10:19 PM)Claudius Wrote:  
(27-02-2012, 06:19 PM)paulj Wrote:  Here is some video of Kev's Sebart Sbach maiden flight.

Looking nice, Kev. Hoping to soon join you for some SBach fun with it's smaller HK cousin...
[Image: sbach1metre-sub1.jpg]

Nice one mate I almost bought one of those it will be interesting to compare , I actually prefer the colour scheme on the hk version too but I wanted a sebart Cause I knew it would be flawless straight out of the box Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

(28-02-2012, 03:58 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  Nice one mate I almost bought one of those it will be interesting to compare , I actually prefer the colour scheme on the hk version too but I wanted a sebart Cause I knew it would be flawless straight out of the box Smile

At 1000mm, it'll be a fair bit smaller than your SebArt.

And I do prefer the regular Thunderbolt colour scheme on the HK one too, but after looking hard at the SebArt I went with "cheap and nasty" after figuring I'd be too precious with nice model as my first aerobatic composite. Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Don't sell yourself short Claudio, we dont think you are too precious........ mate!
You will probably be pleasantly surprised with the HK's performance... but....ffs!! just make sure you give the thing a chance and give it decent pair of testicals

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(28-02-2012, 09:11 PM)gbanger Wrote:  ... just make sure you give the thing a chance and give it decent pair of testicals

You pushing Hacker motors again?

Didn't think of it that way Dave, I was referring to the fact that most HK aircraft packages are usually way underpowered and if Claudio wants to dabble in a little bit of decent 3D he would need to purchase said pair. .... but as you pointed out ....... if you're gunna give it pair ...... a Hacker is a pair to be proud of...

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Yep a decent motor and ESC and don't go too heavy on the batteries. Just enough to balance it you don't need great flight duration but you do want light weight.

Should be a beautie !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(28-02-2012, 09:11 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Don't sell yourself short Claudio, we dont think you are too precious........ mate!

Thanks Gazz... um, I think Smile

(28-02-2012, 09:11 PM)gbanger Wrote:  just make sure you give the thing a chance and give it decent pair of testicals

A "pair" for it is already in the post, but not sure if you'd call it decent or not. It is a light airframe however (should be clear under 1kg RTF), and so looks like a good match for it based on rcgroups experience. It's also the v2 version of the airframe (v1 was a bit of a dog apparently).

That said, you'll hopefully be pleased to hear I'm planning on a Hacker A30-10XL v2 and a CC Ice 75 for another project though Smile

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Hi All, this is just Post Update to Non Members that are thinking of heading down to Visit this Weekend and are checking if Flying is Happening this weekend.

The Field Is Currently Un Serviceable for Flying This Weekend 03 to 04 March

As Members Know the Field is based in a Flood Retention Basin and as one of our members recently said just recently, the Key Word Is Retention.
With all this Rain we have been having our Field has been hit Hard and there isn't much we can do but wait for the rain to stop and for the Field to dry out Enough to go in to get it Serviceable again which may Take Several weeks by the looks of it.

Unfortunately Weather conditions are not going our way at the moment and the Field is Pretty Much Flooded Runway and all surrounds.

I would also like to Thank members who have helped in The past with the Hard work in Getting the Field ready for the Weekend for not for your support and help we wouldn't have been able to Fly between the Rain Deluges.
Lets Hope The Weather starts going our way Sometime in the near Future and our Field can get back to its Brilliant Glory for All To Enjoy

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

And to the person/people who has angered the rain gods (wont mention robs name), can he please apologise & reverse the forecasted next 30 days of rain.

For those that head to PEMAC, I don't think that is gonna be a good idea. Richmond and Windsor bridges are expected to close tomorrow arvo with the Nepean at 5.5 metres now that Warragamba is discharging. I'd think their field would be underwater.

It must be float plane time??

Or does that risk really annoying the gods???

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(02-03-2012, 08:43 PM)Skidz Wrote:  For those that head to PEMAC, I don't think that is gonna be a good idea. Richmond and Windsor bridges are expected to close tomorrow arvo with the Nepean at 5.5 metres now that Warragamba is discharging. I'd think their field would be underwater.

I Think your Right There Dave, I'm not sure if i'm right or not but i heard earlier Tonight it could rise up to 12 m, that would definately flood alot of area, Pemac Included.
Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

That being that... when is the next indoor session?

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Today... In my lounge room. Smile.

G'day all

I am standing on the field as I write, nowhere near as bad as what I expected.
The field is not underwater however quite slushy. Bottom of driveway being protected by 9 ducks and an attack ibis.
Will post some pics as soon as I work out how. If the sun was out the field would be flyable (just) for small or hand launched stuff.

Cheers
Rob B

I know I'm tempting fate at the moment, but assuming it doesn't rain between now and the weekend (highly unlikely I know) is anyone planning on being down at the field?

Still a bit too early to say what's happening on the weekend.
Pretty safe bet that if the field is in good enough condition and weather is fine
there will be a few of us around.
Watch this space on Friday night and you will get a better idea of who is going
to be there.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I haven't had a look at the field for over a week, so don't know what sort of condition it's in - other than to say that it would definitely need mowing, if (and that's a big "if"), the ground would accommodate mowers.
As I'm typing this, there is thunder rolling and Willy is saying bad things about rainfall later today and through most of tomorrow ... doesn't look good at this stage.

Steve Murray

Rule No 1
We Shall Not Talk about The Flying to just before we Go and Fly or we may upset the Rain Gods. Wink

And the Rain Gods are very Touchy and the moment espeacially with one of us threating to " %@%$#^& " to them, and we shall not name who or we may evoke a major downpour..

Steve Smile

G'day Steve

I rarely get to finish work on time (1730). Today was one occasion where I knew I would actually be able to not work back.
So, the torrential downpour that hit at, I kid you not, 1728 was NOT appreciated.
As such I was compelled to send my "thanks" to the weather gods.
Thought I'd let you all now so you can prepare for the tornado that is likely to hit toonie in an hour or so when I get off the train.

Cheers
Rob B

I must apologise for invoking the wrath of the weather gods that have caused ths sudden and torrential downpour.
I was also hoping that it would get their anger out of their system earlier allowing for some respite down the track.
For now I will save my "when are we flying" questions until friday night

G'day All

I can say with certainty that today Gazz could probably launch one if his vessels at the field. Walking past the canal that goes under fitzwilliam on the way to the station at 0615 the water had about 30cm to go before overflow.
I have never seen the level that high before.

Cheers
Rob B

Parra river is up over its banks, and now is covering the footpath that follows the river through Parramatta.
There is plenty of water out there! I was looking at getting myself a Cessna with floats on it... starting to sound like a good idea!!

Seriously This Weather just Fricken @#@#%@#

Prepare for Sacrificing planes to the Weather gods.

I know Rob's Got Plenty Wink and Gazz has some Nice ones they may like too, shinier the better.

Steve

well i have 2 beut planes that require a maiden flight . not in this weather . the only bright side of the equation is that i have 3 planes in amazing condition hanging up in my garage .
used to be into RC BOATING AS WELL , should of kept the outboard speedboat .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

With all this rain I could just go and build a wig, then I shouldn't have too many issues Wink

(08-03-2012, 09:14 AM)samste Wrote:  Seriously This Weather just Fricken @#@#%@#

Prepare for Sacrificing planes to the Weather gods.

I know Rob's Got Plenty Wink and Gazz has some Nice ones they may like too, shinier the better.

Unfortunately, it seems things have progressed past the point where a mere plane sacrifice will be sufficient. Icon_twisted

(08-03-2012, 12:48 PM)corsair_pilot Wrote:  With all this rain I could just go and build a wig, then I shouldn't have too many issues Wink

So torn between asking where that ekranoplan model can be found, and knowing I don't need another project for a while...

Edit: Why did I go looking... why!? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1160230

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

(08-03-2012, 08:14 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Unfortunately, it seems things have progressed past the point where a mere plane sacrifice will be sufficient. Icon_twisted

Lol Are you Thinking what I'm Thinking Icon_twisted, where are you Hiding rob ?

Hmmm, I am not sure I like the way this is going;
I seems that my aircraft or myself are possibly going to be sacrificed for a supposed greater cause.
If this is going to be the case I wish to choose my method of death as my aircraft are 100% off limits.
Without going into too much detail my demise would need to involve about 20 nymphomaniac supermodels (female) and an olympic pool full of beer.

Cheers
Rob B
Thread Closed