Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Hey Gaz, field is not perfect, but definitely serviceable.

Anticipate driving in will still be a marginal proposition - while I was there today , the 8 or so of us all parked up the hill just after the entry and walked in. Pretty sloshy in places - a field full of cars would churn it up completely.

Given what I was flying, I actually didn't walk over the strip carefully, but looked dry enough from the pilot's box - perhaps someone else can chime in here?

Edit: beaten by Jason and Dave while pecking out a reply on the phone - at least you have two other opinions to choose from :-)

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Thanks for the update men, but all of the aircraft I need to fly are big suckers and having to carry anything anywhere is not on my list of really fun things to do.... I have spent the last week and a half carrying everything I own up and down thousands of stairs and am really over that shit.... I just want to fly.... so with that said , if its a nice day I will probably head out to PEMAC for a fly.
Cheers Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I shall be Down At Field Tommorow, will open up around 8-30 am

Will Do a check and see if Drive in is ok, as the weather held out Today so it must be some improvement.

Possibly cone mark driving area if ok

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Excellent I'm heading down there in about 30 mins

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

If the weather at McKoy is anything like it is here at Culburra, you should all have a perfect flying day.
Left the boat at home because of a crappy forecast & has been perfect boating weather. Went to Penguin Head this morning & counted at least 100 boats, many more than 30 nm out to sea at the "banks" getting stuck into the large numbers of Marlin hanging around.
Willy has much to answer for, his ears should be burning.

Field conditions are perfect Today, great turn out down there, Many Members turned up, unfortunately i had to leave early.

p.s
Good luck Wayne with the Fish Catching, here's a photo earlier this week in the late afternoon fishing with my brother, off the beach.

.jpg IMG_4561.jpg Size: 13.47 KB  Downloads: 362

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks Steve !!!!, really did not need to see that, you really know how to twist the knife already buried deep Upset

I will be flying Sunday this weekend and will have the sample hats for fitting if any club members are interested in purchasing one. They are 100% UV stabalised synthetic and are similar in design to an Ackubra they come in 2 sizes Small/ Medium or Large/extra large.The cost with the club logo and other minor accesories yet to be decieded on will be about 35 to 40 dollars each, that will be determined by how many are ordered. They are also available in a number of different colours so if you are interested see you Sunday...... Go the blue sky!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(24-02-2012, 05:43 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I will be flying Sunday this weekend and will have the sample hats for fitting if any club members are interested in purchasing one. They are 100% UV stabalised synthetic and are similar in design to an Ackubra they come in 2 sizes Small/ Medium or Large/extra large.The cost with the club logo and other minor accesories yet to be decieded on will be about 35 to 40 dollars each, that will be determined by how many are ordered. They are also available in a number of different colours so if you are interested see you Sunday...... Go the blue sky!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If You haven't Read The Field Condition, All Is Good To Go for Flying This Weekend Strip Mowed and ready To Go.

Enjoy All Smile

I'm Hoping to be Down early Sunday for a Good Fly session and may even bring my little Bbq For Sausage Breaky if i get Organised.

Steve Smile

Not Organised but will be heading down to Fly This Morning.

Steve Smile

Same about to pack car and head down , hopefully for a Maiden if not just some good conversation Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Was all ready to go last night but 'cause I got a music festival this arvo, decided to sleeep in. Honestly would much rather go flying than some heavy metal festival.

have fun at soundwave

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

(26-02-2012, 03:19 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  have fun at soundwave

Heh KevJ

You Accidently Took My Seb Art Plane Home This Morning Feel Free to pop it over any Time. Wink

Steve Smile

haha your sadly mistaken , that plane belongs right where it is.. Smile
its easily my new favorite and it only has 570 watts , who would have thought .. Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

It's a very nice machine indeed!!
Not only does it look very nicely made, It looks like a great flyer too!! and quite reasonably priced as well.

If you want to get more throws you can allways put some extension arms on the servos
like these. I've got them on my Edge and my PA Extra MX.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._bag_.html

If you order the arms don't forget to order some screws and nuts to fix them with as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._10pc.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...pack_.html

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

An aircraft canopy from a Parkzone T28 (white) was found in the reeds on Sunday afternoon. Owner please claim.

That will probably be Victor's, Kev - I think he'll be pleased to hear that it's been recovered.

Steve Murray

(27-02-2012, 08:32 AM)Servo Wrote:  An aircraft canopy from a Parkzone T28 (white) was found in the reeds on Sunday afternoon. Owner please claim.

Thanks for letting us know Kev. Will lift it off you this coming weekend. As it is, when I went home I found a spare one which needs some attention and an extra Pilot to boot. In the meantime I shall get it ready plus a magnet.

thanks again.
(27-02-2012, 08:34 AM)yarrumevets Wrote:  That will probably be Victor's, Kev - I think he'll be pleased to hear that it's been recovered.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for letting me know via email. Of all days today was the only time I did not open the website in the morning. Had to go to the dentist!!!!
No harm though..........wasn't too bad and I'm still in one piece

Regards BiggrinBiggrin

Smile

(27-02-2012, 06:42 AM)secant0give Wrote:  It's a very nice machine indeed!!
Not only does it look very nicely made, It looks like a great flyer too!! and quite reasonably priced as well.

If you want to get more throws you can allways put some extension arms on the servos
like these. I've got them on my Edge and my PA Extra MX.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._bag_.html

If you order the arms don't forget to order some screws and nuts to fix them with as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._10pc.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...pack_.html

thanks jason i do think i want more throws on elevator and rudder, this should do nicely Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Talking about canopies, did Gary manage to locate his.

That was a bit of a bummer losing such an expensive one!!

Smile

Here is some video of Kev's Sebart Sbach maiden flight.
On later flights he started to really throw the thing around the sky.
http://youtu.be/tNJz0a_jT8A

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

(27-02-2012, 04:25 PM)stuka Wrote:  Thanks for letting us know Kev. Will lift it off you this coming weekend. As it is, when I went home I found a spare one which needs some attention and an extra Pilot to boot. In the meantime I shall get it ready plus a magnet.

Regards BiggrinBiggrin

The canopy still has the magnet stuck to it that should have stayed attached to the fuse, looks like the glue failed.

Yes, the glue has failed on mine (... a long while ago) and I've put some araldite under it and some fibre-tape over the top of it. No worries, now!

Steve Murray

I'm glad you got your canopy back Vic , I felt bad when it came off but at least it was the magnets fault not mine. The week before I maidened a plane for dad and his magnets gave way also, from now on if someone asks me to fly their plane I might sneak some superglue on to hold the canopy Smile

By the way , she needs a couple more clicks aileron trim Vic I landed without finishing your trim when the canopy came off, might be worth either someone else or myself putting it back up for a minute or so just to complete that trim, other than that she was flying perfect Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

No Victor.... my canopy is still MIA, but a big thank you to all those who helped me TRY to find the elusive prick of a thing. Spending more than 2 hours in those bull rushes is not the sort of exercise I would recommend.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Nice flight Kev! Looks even better in the flesh.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Thanks Andrew I went for another couple of flights this evening and was fun , I'm looking forward to throwing it around a heap more when I get back to the field this weekend Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

No problems Gaz, I cannot believe that with so many eyes that followed the elusive little mongrel down into the reeds, the numerous tracks we (mainly you) forged through the swamp, the shouted contradictory directions you received from so many, that it wasnt found. (club spirit lives on!!!) Hope the scratch build of a new canopy isn't so arduous.

(27-02-2012, 06:19 PM)paulj Wrote:  Here is some video of Kev's Sebart Sbach maiden flight.

Looking nice, Kev. Hoping to soon join you for some SBach fun with it's smaller HK cousin...
[Image: sbach1metre-sub1.jpg]

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index