Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

There are a few of us at the field now - the strip is operational as there's only a small patch on the western end which is unfriendly. A few gusts of wind though, and the rain hasn't gone completely - but I'll be distributing club Tee-shirts for a while.

Steve Murray

Called out for work, so wont make it down (again!).
Thanks for distrubuting the shirts Steve. I'll have to pick my 2 XL another time.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

once again i didnt get to fly id like to go flying right now i wonder what the fields like , wish we had a webcam.. Frown

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

The runway is alright Kev (... the new runway that is) but it's really windy - the gusts are all over the place too.

Steve Murray

hmm, yeah not really ideal for a maiden after not having flown anything for months.. perhaps the smart thing to do here is be patient and wait.
thanks for the feedback steve Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Well mate - it's not as bad as the howling gale that you flew in at Temora Smile

Steve Murray

perhaps the wind will back off a little after 5 pm ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I maidened a plane today in the wind... Wasn't even mine :P

... and you didn't even know !!

So Who is heading Down to the Field Today, i Know we have some members with Floats to Try Out and hand launching might be ok, Thats if its possible to walk in and around without sinking in the ground.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Weather looks promissing for the morning. I will be dropping in to visit our PEMAC mates from about 8.30

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Flying Tommorow at Field Not Sure of Conditions ?
But am going to Head Down if its Not raining and hand Launching

Steve

Reminder Kev Post on Indoor http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=478&pid=11663#pid11663

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yeh! ... Right! ..... Good luck with that Steve, you want some friendly advice............................................................................... Wear a pair of waders

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(10-02-2012, 07:01 PM)samste Wrote:  Flying Tommorow at Field Not Sure of Conditions ?
But am going to Head Down if its Not raining and hand Launching

Steve

Reminder Kev Post on Indoor http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=478&pid=11663#pid11663

Post up when you going and I might see you there

Cheers

Jason

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(10-02-2012, 08:07 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Yeh! ... Right! ..... Good luck with that Steve, you want some friendly advice............................................................................... Wear a pair of waders

It Well Maybe, but will see in the Morning, I thought of Pemac but with 115mm of Rain early this morning is not a good thing.

So where are all these Hard Core Rc Fliers that i hear about on the Forum that are on the edge to Fly but the Weather never no good or Field is to wet. Especially the Heli Guys, No Excuse. Wink

I was Down today From 10 am and left at Midday and had a Absolute Blast.
Yes it was a little Damp on the ground not sloshy, i walk in as i could of Drove in but i didn't want to make a mess of Tyre Tracks but that's no Issue

I flew non stop for two Hours and drained 12 Lipos.

I then Cried because i should of brought my Field charger Down so i could Fly some more, as i was in the Zone Haven't been in the zone like that for a while.
The Control Sticks and Plane were one in harmony and i was love in it, i could not do wrong.

I managed to regain my composure and went Home, not before going up to Hills in the Hobbies and buying myself a Pilatus pc-21 on special for $99 PNP with Retracts too.

Steve Smile

I should have come down Steve, just to see you cry. Smile Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Doing electrical work again. Hate these freebies my wife puts me down for.

Tomorrow morning seems ok but forecast suggests storms in the arvo. What a novelty they would be since we haven't seen rain for such a long time (not!). We should change this thread title to "Not flying this weekend" Smile.

(11-02-2012, 01:31 PM)samste Wrote:  So where

I managed to regain my composure and went Home, not before going up to Hills in the Hobbies and buying myself a Pilatus pc-21 on special for $99 PNP with Retracts too.

Steve Smile

heading to the field now

Runway mowed this morning by Jason and Wayne. Weather great. Quite a few guys here already. Looking like a nice day apart from the inescapable damp ground underfoot.

Expect to walk in though.

(11-02-2012, 01:31 PM)samste Wrote:  Pilatus pc-21 on special for $99 PNP with Retracts too.

Steve Smile

Hi Steve
Is it the small E-scale PC-21 ? normaly $249

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(13-02-2012, 04:16 PM)Raptorfly Wrote:  
(11-02-2012, 01:31 PM)samste Wrote:  Pilatus pc-21 on special for $99 PNP with Retracts too.

Steve Smile

Hi Steve
Is it the small E-scale PC-21 ? normaly $249

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/pilatus_pc_21...0_prd1.htm

I thought it was a good Price considering its $199us plus Shipping costs from Hobby lobby.
Stuart said it was a special buy in of 8 only two left

[/quote]

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/pilatus_pc_21...0_prd1.htm

I thought it was a good Price considering its $199us plus Shipping costs from Hobby lobby.
Stuart said it was a special buy in of 8 only two left
[/quote]

Thats an excellent price. I love the look of it.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I am heading Down hopefully Field is Dry Enough.

I will be down mid morning after finishing my taxi service for my daughter.

I'm leaving now

There are about 5 guys down at the Field, Runway good

Steve

Can anyone tell me how the field is?
Can you drive in and what sort of condition is the strip in?
Hoping to get some air time tomorrow. Finally finished moving house today, thank god!!!! and am suffering from FAFS (f all flying syndrome).

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Chris mowed the strip the other day so it is nicely cut. The ground is still soft (but not wet) re runway.

The drive down ramp is fine but the field where we drive is pretty well soaked. I think to clear your bout of FAFS I am thinking you'd be walking in.

(18-02-2012, 07:05 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Can anyone tell me how the field is?
Can you drive in and what sort of condition is the strip in?
Hoping to get some air time tomorrow. Finally finished moving house today, thank god!!!! and am suffering from FAFS (f all flying syndrome).

G'day Gazz,
The strip is really quite good no probs flying off it with wheels today. Driving in should be OK if we don't get any rain tonight. We didn't drive in today but it wasn't too bad, have to see about that in the morning.

Hope to see you there, I'll be there shortly after 9 for a big day's flyin' Smile

That's terrible !! No one should have to suffer F.A.F.S

Thread Closed