Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

My Huge FMS MUSTANG Ready to Maiden Tommorow

And SHIRT FITTINGs Reminder Tommorow Guys as posted by Gaz

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I am not able to attend the fitting, but could I order one regardless?? I am a Medium size.

Please let me know payment arrangement I will be happy to bank transfer.

Daniel

In the Hanger AKA Bedroom....
- Cessna 182 Skyartec 1x Red1x Blue
-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-Twister Police Helicopter 4CH
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid Lol

Hi Daniel
Thanks for your offer to buy a shirt.
Once you have completed the normal formalities of becoming
a club member (Not a forum member) a shirt should be available for sale.
We are hoping that after our initial distribution to financial members we will have a few
shirts left over for future members.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Ok, no worries. Thanks for letting me know.

Daniel

In the Hanger AKA Bedroom....
- Cessna 182 Skyartec 1x Red1x Blue
-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-Twister Police Helicopter 4CH
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid Lol

Looking out of my Wentie home window, I see clouds & wet stuff falling out of them. Looks like a non flying day.

Yeah there's some rain coming in but radar shows it may only last a little while (however long that is).

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

It's looking glum here - raining steadily and has been for a while. I can't imagine it being very good over there even if the rain stopped immediately.

Steve Murray

(15-01-2012, 09:01 AM)yarrumevets Wrote:  It's looking glum here - raining steadily and has been for a while. I can't imagine it being very good over there even if the rain stopped immediately.

Thanks for letting us know Steve. Looks like it's another KAPUT day. I've been at sixes and sevens looking at the trees and the lawn and trying to make a decision.........everything's drenched!!

Thanks Again!!

Smile

No worries Vic - it's stopped raining at the moment, but I think driving up and down that ramp would be a problem and the ground would still be very wet even on our elevated new strip. I think the day is kaput as you say.

Steve Murray

The ground looks dry, skies are clear, old runway has no puddles & mowed neatly. Perfect flying conditions & original trojan fully repaired. Thank god for Phoenix

ha, ha. Good one Wayne.

(15-01-2012, 10:09 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  The ground looks dry, skies are clear, old runway has no puddles & mowed neatly. Perfect flying conditions & original trojan fully repaired. Thank god for Phoenix

lol

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(15-01-2012, 10:09 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  The ground looks dry, skies are clear, old runway has no puddles & mowed neatly. Perfect flying conditions & original trojan fully repaired. Thank god for Phoenix

G'day Wayne
If you're on Phoenix change the airstrip to Kamba Field. Bet our field was tight??!!
Try this one and attempt to fly between the goal posts. Lots of fun but now I'll be heading to some other open location.

Have a good day!!

Smile

Was able to fly Kambah soccer goals 3 out of four attempts a long time ago, shame I cant repeat that skill with my planes on real fields. Shows the element of stress removed from virtual flights.
Hadn't done it for a while so wondered if I would find it easier with improving skills. Yeehaaa did it inverted this time with trojan (4th attempt lol)

Called out to work today. Looks like I was going to miss out on flying as well anyway.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

CLUB SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED !!!
I will be handing out club polo's tomorrow at the field.
I will give the remainder to anothet committee member to hand them out on Sunday.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(20-01-2012, 05:40 PM)gbanger Wrote:  CLUB SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED !!!
I will be handing out club polo's tomorrow at the field.
I will give the remainder to anothet committee member to hand them out on Sunday.

Hi Guy's UPdate

Yes the Weather Doesn't look Great and it is spitting a bit, Willy weather reckons it will be short lived.
Gary is down at the Field Already as well as a couple other members, so Shirts can be picked up.
Unless it gets torrential down pour, Gary will be there for several more hours yet.

Steve

Gday All

Rain lightly falling now, not looking good.
Mad

Cheers
Rob B

Few of us down at the field... Wishing there was some wind to blow the rain away

Frown Frown Frown i wanted to fly tomorrow is the field ruined! ???

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

(21-01-2012, 09:51 AM)kizza42 Wrote:  Few of us down at the field... Wishing there was some wind to blow the rain away

This morning had lots of starters but not much starting.

Hope the afternoon improves.

(21-01-2012, 12:26 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  ... is the field ruined! ???
Nope - it's not, Kev. It would certainly help if we didn't get much more rain, but the showers that have passed through haven't made the new strip boggy at all.

Steve Murray

ohhh well , atleast we got the shirts !!! time for a little more building .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

It hasn't rained for an hour or so now.
I'm going to give it another hour and if it's still looking good I'm going to go back and unlock for an afternoon flying session. There's no wind at all and it will be ideal if the rain has disappeared completely.

Steve Murray

There were a couple of souls braving the rain & having a fly, including one bloke who took Rob's Airwolf up to blow out the cobwebs (but not the rain unfortunately). Colin was kind enough to hold my phone which played the Airwolf Theme song while it flew. I think it looks fantastic in the air, & it is more agile than it's weight would have you think. Nicely put together Gaz!

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hi Guys,
Coming down to field to join Steve M if that's still an option - in 1/2hr.
The rain has held off for a while now.
Does anyone if Kieran is coming down in his "Air Boss" capacity?

Chris M

I'm heading off to open-up now Chris! I'm sure it will be fine for vehicles.
Don't know if Kizza is available - want to text him?
See you there!

UPDATE: BAD NEWS, NEW RUNWAY UNDER WATER!

Save yourself the trip guys, it's not useable. I've just turned up to find that a LOT of water has arrived from upstream somewhere and the new runway is about 60% under. "I'm sure it will be fine for vehicles" ... yeh, famous last words. The devil took a vomit at McCoy and it even rained on us again as we were leaving.

Steve Murray

So tomorrow is looking like it's not going to happen?

I'll get back to you on that Dave - it was draining off while we were watching it, but I'm reluctant to make any predictions now.
I'll go across to the field early tomorrow and then post back here.

Steve Murray

GOOD NEWS!

Just got back from McCoy (7-30pm)
The river that was our new strip earlier this arvo has dropped and the strip although soggy is firm enough to walk on. There are some patches at the western end that still have puddles but if we don't have a deluge overnight we should get some flying in tomorrow.
I intend on going down at around 8-30pm.

Chris M
Thread Closed