Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Don't think it will happen now... lol... just wait. And of course tomorrow morning contains the only appointment of the week.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

It is with great pleasure I am able to give good news for a change. This weekend promises excellent conditions, barely any morning wind, NO RAIN. What more could you ask for, how about a closely mown strip. Your wish is granted, well probably not fully because the usual soggy spots weren't mowed but still plenty of room to land.
I intend opening at my usual 8.00 - 8.30. See you all there

Another fine day forecast for tomorrow. I intend opening 8.00 - 8.30 again. See you there.

Better news for today. Drive in OK. Few soggy spots but white centre lines dry enough to land on. Light winds, grey skies but no rain forecast. Enjoy your flying while you can. Sorry but I have family commitments today & I will not be opening up. Please post a time if you are opening

I have cleared a path for entry rail to be fully opened. We have been lucky with dumpers for a while now and lucky that it did not get dumped in front of our entry this time as our pushing it aside would have been dangerous - CONTAINS ASBESTOS PRODUCTS.

I'll be heading to the field soon.
Will open the gate at around 10am for a couple of hours.
Mainly some Heli flying for me, given the sogginess of the field.

Actually, Just leaving now, so closer to 10:30am.
Sorry.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

The field was surprisingly good today. A bit slow to take off due to the grass, but considering the amount of rain we've had lately, she was terrific.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

The rain radar looks pretty clear so far. I intend to be at the field to open up at my usual 8.00 - 8.30.
See you there.

It was good to meet you and get familiar with the location and a couple of members. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me and walk me through the finer details.

See you again soon.

Weather is still good, with little wind.
So I'm heading down in a few minutes for a late afternoon fly, if anyone else is interested.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Only took 1.5hr to go through 6 Batteries. Had one Stinger battery left but tore the wingtip off on the 1st flight ~ a bit of CA when I get home will fix that. One flight on the Big Rear Bear with the obligatory nose over on landing (doesn't like the long grass) & 4 Gaui 550 Heli Flights.
Going away down the coast next weekend for a week, so thought I'd get some extra flying in as I won't be down the next 2 weekends. So I'll see you guys when I see you.

John Jelovic

Another glorious day forecast for tomorrow. What a pleasure to say that. I will be opening at my usual 8.00 - 8.30. See you there.

(02-01-2015, 07:56 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Another glorious day forecast for tomorrow. What a pleasure to say that. I will be opening at my usual 8.00 - 8.30. See you there.

And I shall join you early Sir. Save my spot please.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

With showers predicted, waited till this morning to post. Showers & wind forecast this afternoon so get in early today. I will be opening about 8.00 - 8.30 again.

Good stuff Wayne thanks for opening up !!

Have a great day, just from looking out the window here at work, it looks nice and still and not too hot yet

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Did not open this morning, that post was last Sunday

Anyone (with combination) flying tomorrow? Back from holidays, so itching to get some flying done before I need to start back at work.Smile

(06-01-2015, 06:46 PM)robbo Wrote:  Anyone (with combination) flying tomorrow? Back from holidays, so itching to get some flying done before I need to start back at work.Smile

I'm pretty sure I'll be there tomorrow morning. I have to leave early though. PM me your mobile number and I'll SMS you when I'm on the way there.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Thanks Simon. But I dont seem to seem to be able to PM in the forum, will need to find out who the webmaster and get fixed. My number is 0412 5 zero 5 5 one 5. Thanks!

I will be there on Thursday at about 10am for field mowing with Peter H. Should take a few hours then will probably have a fly after that.

Tonight's news stated Blacktown had over 60mm rain in a sudden downpour which is close to the catchment for our strip. I had 11mm in that storm. I will attend the field early tomorrow morning for a field condition update. Stay tuned.

Yes, Willyweather says Toongabbie had 22mm which I think was a conservative figure Frown

Steve Murray

The usual pooling present on the strip. Landing width much reduced opposite pilot box, with remaining width soggy. Grass closely mowed. Drive in a bit slippery. Ron S already here & leaving 9ish. I have been crook & won't be flying.

Thanks for that Wayne, appreciate it even when you're not well. I will be there by about 8.30ish.

Just looked at the rain radar and the warning is "give up you're surrounded". If anybody has a USS Enterprise force field, now is the time to set it up at McCoy or you can kiss goodbye to flying tomorrow. If not deluged again tonight, tomorrow looks more likely to suffer the wrath of Willy's fury. Whatever happened to the forecast of El Nino's return this spring/summer, did someone forget to tell Willy.

And I've got the following week off. Typical - it seems every time I take a week off, it rains all week!
Have hardly been down to the field over the last month or 2.

John Jelovic

Looking out the window at my weather gauge tree,
Water is dripping from it's leaves fast and free.
Cant find the instructions, don't know what it means,
can somebody help, to determine today's scenes.

(10-01-2015, 08:12 PM)helijeli Wrote:  And I've got the following week off. Typical - it seems every time I take a week off, it rains all week!

ummmmmm sounds fimilar, just add many more months Frown

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Oh well lets hope it dries up a bit soon :-I

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(12-01-2015, 07:22 AM)samste Wrote:  
(10-01-2015, 08:12 PM)helijeli Wrote:  And I've got the following week off. Typical - it seems every time I take a week off, it rains all week!

ummmmmm sounds fimilar, just add many more months Frown

All work & no play makes Steve............... blah, blah, blah.
Time for you to get back onto the sticks Mr. Seems I have said this to a few Steves Biggrin

What a cracker day forecast for tomorrow, rain wise (or lack there-of) however get there early as wind forecasted to pick up after 11am. Strip closely mowed yesterday (by yours truly) but somewhat narrowed and shortened.
My usual opening time 8.00 - 8.30 am will continue.
See you all there
Thread Closed