Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

(04-10-2014, 08:38 PM)TopGun Wrote:  Is anyone flying MCcoy tomorrow?

I'm not flying but will going down Approx 10.00am to 11.30am to hand out MAAA & Club ID cards.

Will not be attending Monday, or next Weekend

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

I hope to be there early

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Anyone having a crack monday, wind permitting?

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

I'll be there by 9, if not before Steven.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Coolness Smile

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

The weekend is upon us again with fine weather & almost calm winds.
I will be opening up about 8.30 as usual.

I will be opening the field approx. 8.30 tomorrow. Looks like good flying conditions windwise but a small chance of rain.

This has been a bad month for me. Some sort of virus at the beginning of the month and then the car away getting a heater core replaced. I just got it back but have to help the grandson move tomorrow.

Some months I just can't take a trick.

I hope to be there earlyish

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I am golfing tomorrow but I imagine there will be somebody there to open tomorrow. Regular opening is 8.30 - 9.00. Have a good day flying guys, safe landings.

Willy (and other sources) are suggesting things are going to be a bit of a shitstorm tomorrow ... Sunday might promise more, depending upon the rain we get tomorrow night. I guess checking the conditions early tomorrow is the go, but I'm bracing for the worst Frown

Steve Murray

I intend looking at the outside weather tree tomorrow, but I imagine I will see it's branches moving wildly (windy). Forecast starts at 25kph gradually increasing flying difficulty to peak at 50kph at 11am. Did I mention the 65% chance of showers or the 35deg heat. What a pretty picture to paint.

Yep, it's not looking good for tomorrow. Provided the strip can soak up the predicted rain, Sunday sounds like the go.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

The weather gauge tree is waving it's limbs,
giving today's warning for any flying whims.
At 6am it was 25 degrees and climbing,
our comfort in flying will be surely declining.
So for myself, I'll be giving flying a miss,
and stay at home in air conditioned bliss.
Tomorrow's forecast is a little less wild,
with temps & wind set only to mild.
If predicted rain is absorbed by the grass,
tomorrow is the day you can get off your chair.
(sorry couldn't find a word to rhyme with grass)

Thanks for your report
and your humouress wit,
I also look forward to
weather less ...nasty
(also had trouble rhyming "wit" ...??)

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Not going to be the calmest of days but a good pilot can handle 25k winds. I might even dare to punch a few holes in the sky today. I intend opening 8.30ish, see all you keen daredevils there.

I had a geat morning !!
managed to get in 10 flights with the rarebear, weather or not it will be enough to make a difference at Marulan we'll have to wait and see, conditions were certainly chalanging early on

Glorious weather predicted for tomorrow. All club minded pilots should gather their energy & help out with bushcare tomorrow. I will be there about 8.00am ish. Non-club minded pilots are welcome to join in too as there will be no flying whilst work underway.

I'd love to come down,
But alas I must say,
I'm doing some training,
And will be away.

That's the only thing I can think of that rhymes. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Glad to hear from you BB, thought you must have forgotten to fly back to Sydney. Hope you get to come to the field sometime and visit your old friends.

See you there Wayne, I'll probably have the boys with me tomorrow, so I'll have to keep an eye on them as well

My apologies for not turning up today, Margaret's mum passed away last night & we both are rather upset.

Thanks Wayne. Definitely will come down when I can. I've been drinking from a fire hose lately doing the A380 command endorsement. A few weeks to go and I'll be let loose on the world. Smile I'm looking forward to catching up with y'all again. Oh, and do some "real" flying. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Forecast is so far excellent for flying conditions tomorrow with wind under 10 kph & temps predicted at 25 deg c. I am aiming to be at the field between 8.00 & 8.30. See you all there. Wind is not so friendly on Sunday 10kph at 8.00am, hitting 20 kph by 11am & increasing from then.

My wind gauge tree appears motionless and Willy says 0 kph as real-time speed. Yet the forecast graph says 8kph at 7am. So much for accuracy.
Current graph shows 15k winds by 10am and increasing so get yourselves to the field early if you have wind sensitive planes to fly. I have my new PA Extra mx to maiden so I will be following my own advice.

I feel ripped off.
Forecast last night was for moderate winds up to 35km\hr, so made the executive decision to give flying a miss. Was no wind here at Cherrybrook at 9am and now at 11:30, still only light winds. Ah well, had a good sleep in at least.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Looks like you missed the boat JJ, never mind you can bring the boat tomorrow. Willy suggests 80% chance of 5-10mm rain in the morning. 10mm of rain is enough to flood our field. Chris Mc has a suitable amphibious plane for that and we can all bring our umbrellas & gumboots to watch him battle the current & winds.

(15-11-2014, 03:50 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Looks like you missed the boat JJ, never mind you can bring the boat tomorrow. Willy suggests 80% chance of 5-10mm rain in the morning. 10mm of rain is enough to flood our field. Chris Mc has a suitable amphibious plane for that and we can all bring our umbrellas & gumboots to watch him battle the current & winds.

Sorry Wayne, already decided to have an R&R day, rest and repair. But it does love water lol.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

How did the Extra maiden go Wayne? I'm kinda upset that I didn't get to see it fly today. The preschool had a working bee, and I couldn't get out of it in good conscience Smile

Had 3 good flights, but it likes to roll when looping. Probably because I did not get the horizontal stab parallel with main wing. May have to mix aileron with elevator.
Thread Closed