Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Gate is now open. We might have to wait a while for the fog to burn off. Will setup the field in the meantime.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

It should have been an excellent day for flying today!!
I'm sorry I couldn't get down to the field
I had fully planned to come down this morning with the boys but neither of them are very well.
They both got something from child care again and had high temperatures last night.
Its definitely a conspiracy, keep me up all night just to soften me up so I can succumb to the same biological agent in two or three days time.
Such is life........................ I guess even viruses needs to live Frown

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The transport has a split radiator and won't be ready until Monday so I'm stuck at home this weekend.

Forecast is for a wet weekend. Hopefully the rain wont turn up til afternoon tomorrow. Will reserve my decision to fly tomorrow morning.
Watch this space

(15-08-2014, 10:10 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Forecast is for a wet weekend. Hopefully the rain wont turn up til afternoon tomorrow. Will reserve my decision to fly tomorrow morning.
Watch this space

It would be appreciated if you can get to the field at 6am, sweep the runway, put everything out and heat my water bottle. Thanks mate your a legend!!

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Forecast says that rain will arrive after lunch and light winds till then. I'll be arriving around 8:45am unless rain comes early!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Got some good flying weather yesterday with quite a few members enjoying the light winds for getting their planes into the air. Not as much weather luck today, my new rain gauge says we had 20mm rain overnight which is more than enough to create McCoy lake again. Is lightly raining now and the forecast says more heavy rain to come.
My only flying today will be on the sim where the weather is always fine.
See y'all next weeks

Yep well i was planning a day of Flying but i knew they got the weather right
and the Rains came.

61_6166_66

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

DON'T YOU HATE THAT !!

I was in the same boat or was it that well known canoe Wink

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Sorry about the weather guys. I've taken an RDO today (Mon). Obviously the cause of the rain !
(In case I had any ideas of flying).

John Jelovic

Might be time for someone to come up with some detachable pontoons for sea plane-style landing when the runway is flooded.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Judging from Bob's & my field condition posts, I would say tomorrow is another build day. I will take an early morning trip to the field to further report on strip condition & post about 7.30am for all you hopefuls. I wouldn't get your batteries off storage charge just yet, I don't fancy our chances. More rain forecast for tomorrow anyway.

Am at the field and the strip is still a little soggy and only half the width usable and both ends too sloppy to use. I am flying at Penrith today. If anybody keen to fly at McCoy please post here. PS bring a garbage bag to help clear rubbish. There are some bags at the bottom of our bin in the field box.

Thankyou Wayne for the Update

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Gate is now open for any die hards. Drive in slowly to avoid slipping and damage to the turf & you'll be ok. I'm mainly flying Helis but foamies should also be ok. No wind & sunny at the moment.

John Jelovic

It's nice and dry down here

The only trouble is that there's a large flock of low flying pigs
Causing a navigation hasard

Flew PEMAC today, was supposed to be field maintenance today & only a few turned up. Just finished packing car 2.15 when heavens opened up. Sitting under shelter waiting for rain to ease so I can lock up without getting drenched.

I am golfing tomorrow. We had a bit of rain this afternoon, will be a setback for drying out the strip.

I am heading to Pemac again tomorrow, I think our field will be too soggy to be enjoyable. If any member is braving the conditions, please post here.

(29-08-2014, 09:12 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I am heading to Pemac again tomorrow, I think our field will be too soggy to be enjoyable. If any member is braving the conditions, please post here.

Taking tomorrow off flying to catch up on home duties. Hopefully Sunday will be better.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Seeing the weather has been really bad

And the .........ground being soggy I shall go on Sunday to hand the MAAA & PRCAC Cards

- shall post if I am not going!

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

I went to pick up my cards about 11ish, the gate was locked so I repaired to Bunnings.

Ive opened the gate now, if anyone is keen. It's a bit soggy, but no pooled water except for the usual pond. Great day for VTOL craft.

After the rain yesterday I thought nobody would go to fly!

Shall be down next Saturday morning if the weather holds & the ground firms up a bit.

Post on Friday night

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Followed the happy wife happy life motto today & took Marg to see her mum. Should get some good brownie points, clocked up over 500km with more than 6 hours driving.
I figured the field would be too soggy to fly without spending ages cleaning off mud spray from wheels. I wish that Willy would get his finger off the rain button, more than half of next week has rain forecast, and we may see another soggy runway next weekend. Fingers crossed.

Not sure what shape the field is in but I'll be arriving at 8:45am to open up.
Bush care is starting at 8, so gate should already be open actually!

John Jelovic

Just locking up now. Not a large turnout, but a good days flying and some good bush care done.

John Jelovic

Sorry for late notice guys, I intend opening tomorrow 8.30ish for the field setup.
Should be a nice day, see you all there

I am golfing on Sunday so I will not be attending Saturday practice day at Vineyard. For those who are interested in flying at McCoy tomorrow, I will be opening at approx. 8.30

Is anyone flying MCcoy tomorrow?

Foam fanatic!
Thread Closed