Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Sorry I cant give you an affirmative to that question Frank, I am heading south to see Marg's mum for the day. The forecast is good for tomorrow, so I imagine we will have a reasonable roll up. Enjoy the day.

(22-02-2014, 12:56 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  anyone flying tomorrow ? ( sunday) i might , what should i bring ? mx2 , rarebears , ef1, p51?

I'll be there late morning to early afternoon

I'll be bringing my RareBears for some pylon practice
I'd bring the shoestring too only that I left the Lipos in the fridge at work Frown

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(22-02-2014, 10:28 PM)secant0give Wrote:  
(22-02-2014, 12:56 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  anyone flying tomorrow ? ( sunday) i might , what should i bring ? mx2 , rarebears , ef1, p51?

I'd bring the shoestring too only that I left the Lipos in the fridge at work Frown

ive got 4 lipos , you can share mine . i'll bring my connectors 4mm plug to t connectors for you.

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(22-02-2014, 11:50 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  
(22-02-2014, 10:28 PM)secant0give Wrote:  

ive got 4 lipos , you can share mine . i'll bring my connectors 4mm plug to t connectors for you.

My shoestring uses the red 4mm bullet type connectors so it should be fine ??
I'll put it in the car then !!
Wont be there for an hour or two tho'

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks for letting me use those packs of yours Frank !!
It was a great afternoon I really enjoyed a bit of pylon practice and flying the EF1s around the course was the icing on the cake !!

It could be a bit dampish tomorrow

Unfortunately it looks like you could be right there John. Here's hoping that you're not...

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Your not wrong there John, Willyweather is painting a grim picture. As per usual I will post early tomorrow using a combination of Willyweather and the more reliable view out my window. From these I will calculate the probability of rain, probably get it wrong & wait for flying time before making the final decision. (memories of last weekend)

OMG slept in till well after 7am I cant remember the last time that happened.
Although not raining at the moment, Stratocumulus clouds are present & likely to produce Willy's 100% chance of rain. Yesterday's rain would have made our already dampened strip a wet mess. I am off to Hobbies in the Hills to ease my withdrawals, taking back a dud speedie that was to run my PA Addiction X.

More surprises for today, my post about the likelihood of rain has come to fruition. Is now lightly raining. See you guys next week, I am golfing tomorrow.

Not sure what to say about tomorrow, given the storm we had this afternoon & the already soggy condition of our field. More showers are predicted for tomorrow. I think I will make an early recognisance trip to the field in the morning and post it's condition & potential for a fly. Hopefully all this by about 7-7.30am, so watch this space.

Sorry guys but the news is not good. Strip is largely unusable with surface water on most of it. Would suggest walk in only with belly landers or hovercraft and lots of cleaning rags.

1st to arrive at field. Mainly sunny skies - looks promising. As Wayne said, strip is very damp but Have walked in to survey the area and the ground is pretty firm where the vehicles go. Will drive in cautiously and confirm.

Have walked in only. Strip is very wet. No landing geAr and even belly landing is going to be wet and muddy. I'll probably just fly my Heli.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

A few pitots dared the dampened field today, but landings were very trecherous in avoiding the foot squelching areas of the strip. I went to the field to give a heads up to those who had not read my earlier post and stayed without any planes for a chat. Even when I left after 2pm, the surface water had not disappeared & I feel similar conditions will be encountered by the Sunday diehards. I might do a repeat of today & head to the field for a 7am recognisance & report. Stay tuned.
Rainbow 

If the weather stays like this, modelling one of these will be the way to go.

I didn't get down there today but I managed a bit of practice in just before the deluge hit
on Friday afternoon. My brother came down and kindly manned the Iphone cam

Here's some video, best viewed in full screen and HD modes, you can see the strip was already fairly damp before the rain on Friday evening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ysX3HYtO0&list=UUCaiVcg35wWONGVNQ2MrPDQ

Much of the surface water has disappeared but the ground is still soggy where it laid yesterday. Still best for belly landers. Forecast is for more showers today. Driving in is OK.

I have opened the field for fliers

testing out the new 1600mm wingspan cermark pitts s2b

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

wow. what a nice looking plane , what are your thoughts on it Craig?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

awesome to fly it lands nice and easy
hover just over half throttle
4 1/2 mins of flight used 1600mah out of the 10s 4500mah batteries so I estimate about 7-8 mins of flight with a min or two to spare
weighs 5.2kgs flying powered by g160 motor dlux 160hv esc 20 x 8 carbon prop
no complaints at all
cost $800 pnp

I know its pricey . But they haven't at all been lame with hardware . That's pretty good kit .EVEN BETTER !! PNP!!

that was what it cost me to built it to pnp was an arf kit

Nice machine !!

It's quite big I saw it on the bench

Glad it flew well, I was pretty sure it would !! Smile

Well, looks like the little red racer will have to wait another week Frown

[Image: P3270748_zps90c27c61.jpg]

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

I guess flying is washed out for the weekend. Forecast still says scattered showers and light winds for sat/sun but raining heavily now at Cherrybrook and I imagine the field would be pretty waterlogged.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Very heavy rain for the last half hour in Parramatta. Looking at the radar it extends to over the blue mountains. Hello Lake McCoy.

(28-03-2014, 08:55 PM)helijeli Wrote:  I guess flying is washed out for the weekend. Forecast still says scattered showers and light winds for sat/sun but raining heavily now at Cherrybrook and I imagine the field would be pretty waterlogged.

... and still going...

At this point I has the evils to strap a camera to the Funcub and launch it off the driveway ramp and take some low pass over water over the field footage for prosperity...

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(28-03-2014, 11:23 PM)Steven Wrote:  ... and still going...

At this point I has the evils to strap a camera to the Funcub and launch it off the driveway ramp and take some low pass over water over the field footage for prosperity...
That sounds like a great idea Steve, but I recon a float plane would be a little more suitable for such an adventure !!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Typical...
Beautiful weather and light winds... but the field would be a swamp with all the rain we've had. I guess PEMAC is an option for those able to go there.

John Jelovic

It is heartbreaking when you wake up on a weekend and see the sun out with minimal wind... and knowing that the field would be a lake. Oh well, next weekend. Perhaps we can lobby the council for a raised concrete runway LOL!!!

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"
Thread Closed