Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

I, for one am thankful that you are whom you are, Wayne. I have being having confidence hassles within the Club with my Flying but Thanks to people like Craig, Jase and Yourself, I think I am over a major hurdle today by the Flights with you today. Giant Thanks to you !!

quote='Flying fisho' pid='23515' dateline='1388209678']
Thanks for the compliment Chris. Was not a problem, my days of needing an instructor are very fresh in my mind (still need them when maidening my bigger & more expensive planes) and I see it as an honour to put back into the club what I have got out of it. We have a club full of friendly & helpful people, only too willing to go out of ther way to make our club what it is, one that other clubs only aspire to become.
[/quote]

yes, forecast for tomorrow looks bleak. Looks like today was definitely the day to fly. Haven't been for a couple of weeks and had to decide today between flying or joining family & friends at Wet n Wild, (or as my 8 year old Heath calls it "Wait a While"). Up to an hour wait for rides - I think flying may have been the wiser choice. Should make it next weekend - hopefully with good weather.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Yes Wayne a Big Thankyou, and a big thankyou to everyone else helping other members. it is great to hear.

My oppologies for not being down of late but its busy time for me for work and this time of the year is the busiest for me.
Hoping to get down there soon, so you guys dont forget who i am Wink

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

See you all on sunday

(28-12-2013, 10:37 PM)Build em crash 'em Wrote:  See you all on sunday

The wind guage tree is confirming Willies strong wind prediction and I wont be turning up today.
Hey Chinny, dont forget there are gum boots in the field box, if you fly today, there is a good chance you will need them.

Anyone flying tomorrow?

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

I will be Flying Tommorow Yeh Yeh Smile

Will Bring The Ice and some shade

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'll be flying Sunday. Tomorrow looks like it might be a bit windy but hopefully it'll be good for those going down tomorrow.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Might fly out west tomorrow..

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I want to get my Edge 540 up for another fly and before I do so at our small field, am going to have a fly with it further west today. Will be at McCoy tomorrow.

Could a CAFI/Instructor please post your intention to be at the field today please. If you are opening the gate please also post you intention/time as well please. Is of assistance to those without gate codes

I'll be down for a little while in about half an hour

I'll also be at the field tomorrow for most of the morning

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday) too!

Steve Murray

Should be there Sunday morning. Was crook today.

Hopefully a good turnup tomorrow, I plan on being at the field before 8.30 to open up & prepare the strip for the days flying. Forecast is for near perfect conditions with the winds rising to gentle in the afternoon.

My Lipos are chargin' as I type Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(11-01-2014, 09:40 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Hopefully a good turnup tomorrow, I plan on being at the field before 8.30 to open up & prepare the strip for the days flying. Forecast is for near perfect conditions with the winds rising to gentle in the afternoon.

Glad to hear you flying again Wayne, look forward to catching up early tomorrow.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Heading down to the field now. There a little after 9am.

John Jelovic

Thank You,
I arrived late (11:00am), Wind playing havoc, in my opinion. Prepared my new Visionaire for play and was smart enough to give over to an experienced 3D Pilot (Jason), He took my aircraft and placed me on a Buddy line and I had a ball. Thank you Jason! Had a great time despite the wind.

Thank you to the company whom stayed and Raced the Rare Bears!!

It was a really nice day a the field I had a great time, managed to get in some pylon practice as well as a bit of sport flying and a few flights on the buddy lead as well

AWSOME !!

(12-01-2014, 09:54 PM)secant0give Wrote:  It was a really nice day a the field I had a great time, managed to get in some pylon practice as well as a bit of sport flying and a few flights on the buddy lead as well

AWSOME !!

... not to mention the added thrill of a committee meeting - there you go mate, your weekend is complete Wink

Steve Murray

I intend to be at the field in the morning.... Have a new plane to maiden... The Sadler Vampire 1500mm, pusher... wing loading is good at 75g/sq dm... Hope it goes well.. Will be there from 9 ish.. Cheers

I have one of those
Make sure you check the tail plane incidence before you fly it
Mine was way out. It's a heavy bird and although it's not hard to fly it'll need a bit of strip to land

Good luck with test flight I hope it all goes smoothly

Anyone braving the heat tomorrow? If the forecast stays as it is then I think I'll just wait for Sunday's cooler weather. Heat really gets at me these days.

(17-01-2014, 05:04 PM)stillflyin Wrote:  Anyone braving the heat tomorrow? If the forecast stays as it is then I think I'll just wait for Sunday's cooler weather. Heat really gets at me these days.

I'm aiming to get there early tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have finished putting together my Durafly Trojan for its maiden too. It looks like it's going to be ridiculously hot though.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

I intend flying tomorrow, but will be golfing Sunday. Intending to go to the golf driving range first thing in the morning (sparrow's fart), I have a new driver to get used to (could have bought a good plane for it's cost Smile ) and hopefully will be at the field before 8.30 to set up for flying.

Saturday is out for me, working. Hopefully Sunday
Enjoy all

Steve

I plan to be there mid morning.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

I'll be there tomorrow ... customarily, at the crack of 10:00am Wink

Steve Murray

Any CAFI's going tomorrow (Saturday)? I'm hoping to maiden my Durafly Trojan and was hoping to buddy box for the first flight... If, and that's a big IF, the weather is good.

Thread Closed